• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Some good news about Big Vic - especially as he's been touted as our most long terms injury;

Victor Wanyama has been busy working at Tottenham Hotspur's training facilities during the November international break to prepare for his return to action from injury.

He has so far missed 15 games for Spurs after being ruled out in aftermath of their 2-1 defeat to Chelsea at Wembley on the second weekend of the season.
A key player for Mauricio Pochettino's side, he made 47 appearances across all competitions last year following his move from Southampton in the summer of 2016.

The Argentinian made specific reference to the Kenyan and his qualities in a book that was recently released about his third campaign in charge at the club.

GettyImages-619713498.jpg

Victor Wanyama in training. (Image: GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images)
Wanyama was praised for his personality and presence in the dressing room as well as his attitude and work rate in training and attributes as a footballer on the pitch.

Spurs have covered for his absence by moving Eric Dier back into midfield and placing more responsibility on the shoulders of Harry Winks yet the midfielder has still been missed in games where they have needed another commanding figure in the middle of the park.

upload_2017-11-13_11-40-8.png

Looks more like recovery style training than full training, I expect he's at least 2-3 weeks away from a first team return by the looks of it. Luckily the PL games coming up aren't too bad but we need him back for early December with City coming up and the Christmas period.

If he's back in 1st team training then he should be back on the bench in a couple of weeks I'd think.

Really missed Vic and Toby. I can't wait to see our spaghetti man back in action.

Played for the "super hoops" in Celtic and "alphabets" in SCBC .... I'm hoping for ravioli where we have stuffed our opposition usually when he plays ....

Ok I'll leave after this abysmal attempt

:(

http://www.football.london/tottenha...derweireld-wanyama-nkoudou-press-13997133.amp

Pochettino's press conference: Every word on Alderweireld, Wanyama, Clattenburg, Marcus Edwards and more

Is Victor Wanyama close to returning?

I cannot say the time. He is doing well. We will assess day by day, week by week to see when he can join the group again and start training. Today I can’t say anything about the timing.

Back