• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

I find it interesting to note that Poch saw fit not to start Wanyama in any of the preseason matches so far considering what a protective shield he was last season, hope he does not have any injury problems, or if he does hope he is ready for the season

Poch from yesterday's post match press conference :
Victor Wanyama not in the squad but here?
No, because he played against PSG and he suffered a small problem in his cartilage in his left knee. But sure for next week he will be available to train again.

Poch from yesterday's post match press conference :
Victor Wanyama not in the squad but here?
No, because he played against PSG and he suffered a small problem in his cartilage in his left knee. But sure for next week he will be available to train again.

"But sure, for next week, he will be available to train again," the Argentine coach added. "Will he be ok for the start of the Premier League? We hope yes but we need to see how he develops and how he is next week when we come back to London."

Sounds like meniscus damage rather than ligament. Not ideal but easily rectified through keyhole surgery in a worse case.
And the knee will never be the same again. I had meniscus surgery on both knees, and had to give up football because of it. Mine was pretty severe though. Totally shattered, so they had to remove everything, leaving the knee with no damping whatsoever.

I'm hoping he's luckier than you were. Quite often meniscus can be cleared up with few implications, especially using top surgeons. Plus he's hard as concrete ;)

Struggling for numbers if he's out as well

As I've aid many many times, we are ridiculously short at CB/DM - we have 5 senior pros (TA, JV, ED, VW and KW) covering 4 positions in our preferred 3-5-2 formation...and then we're into untested kids like CCV or shoe-horning people like Ben Davies in. We need one addition there even if Wimmer stays

As I've aid many many times, we are ridiculously short at CB/DM - we have 5 senior pros (TA, JV, ED, VW and KW) covering 4 positions in our preferred 3-5-2 formation...and then we're into untested kids like CCV or shoe-horning people like Ben Davies in. We need one addition there even if Wimmer stays

I'm not disagreeing with you but its worth flagging that Dier can cover both CB and DM.

Toby Verts and Davies doesn't phase me in fact I think I'd put it on the same level as when Wimmer is involved. Another DM who can play CB would be a great signing.

I've said it in another thread, Carrick would be a great signing if Man Utd let him go. Experienced winner, capable DM and wouldn't be against him being able to do a job alongside Toby/Verts.

And the knee will never be the same again. I had meniscus surgery on both knees, and had to give up football because of it. Mine was pretty severe though. Totally shattered, so they had to remove everything, leaving the knee with no damping whatsoever.

There's something in development called sol-gel treatment, where they can inject a liquid, which then solidifies as artificial cartilage. It's a few years away from hospitals, but is on its way. It will work on back discs too.

I hope he's fit. I think with him in the team we aren't going to concede more than one max. We look so solid defensively with big Vic, hence our goals against last season being ridiculously low.

Back