• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

I guess this is all the more reason to trust in Poch since he knows Wanyama obviously from managing him previously.
Anyway, the biggest surprise for me from Mr. Spaghetti is his passing range. I know I'm not the first to mention it but his touches and close control are actually quite good, and he's got the ability to release a perfectly timed ball in a counter attack. IMO, he'll get quite a few more assists next season now that he's got a better understanding of his teammates.

I guess this is all the more reason to trust in Poch since he knows Wanyama obviously from managing him previously.
Anyway, the biggest surprise for me from Mr. Spaghetti is his passing range. I know I'm not the first to mention it but his touches and close control are actually quite good, and he's got the ability to release a perfectly timed ball in a counter attack. IMO, he'll get quite a few more assists next season now that he's got a better understanding of his teammates.

Poch generally goes for versatile players, we have seen Wanyama (& Dier and even Jan) make the runs from deep to create that extra man option.

Easily a top signing of the season candidate in the EPL

He seems to have been taking lessons in ball retention from Dembele, which is fantastic. But in addition to that, while Dembele is just a concrete pillar that people bounce off, Wanyama is the proverbial brick sh!t-house with a cannon emplacement to boot. No fvcker's getting past, through or around him!

And I say this as someone who thinks Dembele is a bit of a footballing deity.

"He's the Kenyan, the mighty Kenyan! Victor Wanyama!
He's the Kenyan, the mighty Kenyan! Victor Wanyama!

Wahoooooo! Wanyama,Wanyama, Wanyama, Wanyama! Victor Wanyama!
Wahoooooo! Wanyama,Wanyama, Wanyama, Wanyama! Victor Wanyama!"*

* Courtesy of the tinkleheads on the WHL/Cheshunt train Sunday.

Last edited:
What a signing, up there with Kante imho

Kante has shown better footballing skills this season than I thought he had with some great passing

But Victor has IMO been better

Scored more, had more key passes and his team have conceded less

Kante is very much the man off the back of winning the league twice back to back with different sides and that's a huge achievement but Victor joining us has pushed our best league points up so far by 11 points and counting.... thats an improvement of 15% ish

Kante imrovemwnt in the Chelsea side from the last league winners (it's the same squad in effect is anywhere between 3 and 6 points or 4/8% and they added a couple more players to the first 11 to get that improvement and they have actually conceded the same amount of goals as the 2015 team (and let's not forget that side had a year did too)

Back