1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 23 Jun 2016.

1. 90291Spur

90291Spur Jimmy Neighbour

I don't have the technology or the time but I know that one of the lovely lads/ladettes on here will whip it up pronto.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  2. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

140 second highlights of Wanyama from NLD :cool:

3. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

Despite some early mistakes, he had a real MoM performance against the Goons. Some Dembele-esque dribbling in there too. A joy to watch.

Spur of the moment and Hidden like this.
  4. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Dean Richards

Can you imagine the orgasm Tyler would have had if Ozil would have done that.

Spur of the moment and Gazza like this.
  5. Spursman

Spursman Neil Ruddock

doesnt get mentioned enough by pundits, hes been a rock for us this season. Thought he was poor first half vs Arsenal but second half was amazing

6. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

8. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Jack Jull

Thought he was absolutely brilliant today as well. Totally bossed midfield.

9. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

His best games seem to be against our nearest rivals. He was brilliant again today, just as he was against Arsenal and Chelsea at home. A wonderful big game player.

10. Spaceman

Spaceman Ruel Fox

he's had some of the best individual performances of the season. absolute monster

11. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

The way he uses his strength to hold possession and drive forward with the ball, he could replace Dembele in the side and play alongside Dier full-time imo. I wonder if this is Poch's masterplan?

12. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Johnny Morrison

When we first signed Wanyama, I wondered why. I thought that we had signed a player to warm the bench. After all, Dier was our DM, and he played well last season, so he was likely to retain his place in the team.

Wanyama had appeared ok when I had seen him play before, but not much better than that. He seemed to be tough, a ball winner, but someone who lacked anything else.

I am so pleased to say that I was wrong. Wanyama has far more to his game than to just win tackles. He has so much passion, works tirelessly and has made a big contribution to our 'success' this season.

papaspur, Pirate55, parklane1 and 3 others like this.
  13. harr1984

harr1984 Pat van den Hauwe

The only thing that has surprised me about him is how good he is on the ball, especially when driving forward. He has more dimensions to his game than I thought....

papaspur likes this.
  14. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Milija Aleksic

I wonder if Winks and Wanyama may be the more likely pairing for the longer-term.

15. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I could actually see Winks pushing Eriksen too, I don't think his position is set in stone yet. He's shown in glimpses that he could be a creative force, it will be exciting to see how he develops.

16. harr1984

harr1984 Pat van den Hauwe

I don't see that for a couple of seasons - Eriksen is way ahead of Winks. It is one thing to come onto the scene and put in some decent cameos, but to do what Eriksen does on the ball week in week out whilst running as hard as anyone in the team is a very different matter. He's a good backup to Eriksen, but is not going to be on his level yet and Eriksen still has the scope to up his game too....

Last edited: 15 May 2017
  17. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Dean Richards

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating, I'm amazed by this bloke, I only saw him as a negative player with a poor discipline record. He seem very controlled and rarely seems to lose his head even in tight situations. It's no coincidence that our defence is much tighter since we have him, definitely one of our best buys.

18. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Jack Jull

I was thinking the same. The way he shields the ball and skips past players is very similar to Dembele. Not as elegant as Dembele, but equally effective. In recent games he's also been a lot more progressive and attacking than he was in the beginning of the season. He's evolving into the the complete midfield monster!

El Guepardo and the dza like this.
  19. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

He really is a far better player then a lot of fans thought he was, he was in the running for my POS and if it had not been for Eriksen's form this season he would have got it ( imo).

20. galeforce

galeforce Teddy Sheringham

yeah, he's been great, I was wrong about him