• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

You were saying?
Nothing new. We knew Wanyama and Dembele makes us very solid, digit that reason I wanted them to stay against Chelsea. Their kind off game for sure.

But their limitations going forward are no less clear. I would understand the temptation of starting them again against WBA and it's hard to argue that anyone deserves to be dropped after the Chelsea game. But for me we have other options that fit that kind of a game better.

Nothing new. We knew Wanyama and Dembele makes us very solid, digit that reason I wanted them to stay against Chelsea. Their kind off game for sure.

But their limitations going forward are no less clear. I would understand the temptation of starting them again against WBA and it's hard to argue that anyone deserves to be dropped after the Chelsea game. But for me we have other options that fit that kind of a game better.

My bad, with Dembele being our best player last season I must have missed you talking about his limitations

My bad, with Dembele being our best player last season I must have missed you talking about his limitations
I disagree that he was our best player last season.

Either way it kind of misses my point. I think the weaknesses Dembele and Wanyama have going forward in terms of passing tempo and purpose are a bit too similar. Last season Dembele was playing next to Dier...

I disagree that he was our best player last season.

Either way it kind of misses my point. I think the weaknesses Dembele and Wanyama have going forward in terms of passing tempo and purpose are a bit too similar. Last season Dembele was playing next to Dier...

no, it does not miss the point, I just disagree with you about their combined weaknesses. But that is okay, we will just both agree to disagree

I am sure that one of the reasons that Poch feels he can bring on Winks in big games such as Chelsea is the protection of the defence afforded by Wanyama. One of our improved metrics this season appears to be our ability to hold on to leads. I would be interested to gauge the influence Wanyama has had in that.

I am sure that one of the reasons that Poch feels he can bring on Winks in big games such as Chelsea is the protection of the defence afforded by Wanyama. One of our improved metrics this season appears to be our ability to hold on to leads. I would be interested to gauge the influence Wanyama has had in that.
I just think that Poch rates winks high enough to not have any concerns about him doing his job

Wanyama has been in good form lately. But he needs to be more consistent and avoid unforced errors, especially giving away freekicks in dangerous positions. But atleast he has avoided getting many red cards that he had for Southampton last season.

Wanyama has been in good form lately. But he needs to be more consistent and avoid unforced errors, especially giving away freekicks in dangerous positions. But atleast he has avoided getting many red cards that he had for Southampton last season.

But before that he had a blinding disciplinary record

Watched the game again last night when I got in and didn't notice

Watched the highlights this evening and did

He is a beast Of a man and shirk no battle

Their must be some Kenyan chant we can use for him

I am not good at making up chants - plus my knowledge of Swahili is very basic.
However, you can go with something like this:

Wanyama Wanyama - the Jogoo from Kenya
Wanyama Wanyama - the Jogoo of Spurs

Jogoo means c*ckerel or rooster - our club emblem. People in Kenya are referred to as Jogoo if they are tough, uncompromising etc.

I am not good at making up chants - plus my knowledge of Swahili is very basic.
However, you can go with something like this:

Wanyama Wanyama - the Jogoo from Kenya
Wanyama Wanyama - the Jogoo of Spurs

Jogoo means c*ckerel or rooster - our club emblem. People in Kenya are referred to as Jogoo if they are tough, uncompromising etc.

If sang like the nursery rhyme fire fire it could work

More consistent? He has probably been our most consistent performer of the season (and certainly in the top 3 or 4). All defensive midfielders will concede free kicks at times, I don't think Wanyama is particularly bad in this aspect, in fact I'd say his ratio of attempted/won tackles compared to fouls is a good one.

IMO Wanyama has been the best buy in the PL this season.

More consistent? He has probably been our most consistent performer of the season (and certainly in the top 3 or 4). All defensive midfielders will concede free kicks at times, I don't think Wanyama is particularly bad in this aspect, in fact I'd say his ratio of attempted/won tackles compared to fouls is a good one.

True!!

I would have thought Spurs7891 would appreciate Victor more as their both basically machines

Got to put a shout out again for the big man today

First half him and Moussa were struggling
But still did some good thing

Second half to slot in at centre back and them to not test Hugo says lot IMO

Comfortably the best signing this season for any team and I'm a big dier fan

Last edited:
Back