• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Ain't that the truth

And yet to some people on here think he should not be starting for Spurs go figure

He has played 20 games for us this season and for me has been excellent in 60% and good in most

Only game that wound me up was Leicester as the goal came from his error

Comfortably the MOTM tonight

Bigger than the PL? Bigger than Spurs? Bigger than the priorities of those who pay their wages?

Seems like poor prioritisation to me.
You are a very naughty boy.

But look at this on the beeb:

Liverpool defender Joel Matip and West Brom's Allan Nyom have not been named in Cameroon's 23-man squad for this month's Africa Cup of Nations.

The duo were among seven Cameroon players who said they did not want to play in the tournament, which starts in Gabon on 14 January.

They could have been banned from club football during the competition.

But a potential club versus country row has been defused by their non-selection in the final squad.

Cameroon, who are coached by Belgian Hugo Broos, have been drawn in Group A with hosts Gabon, Burkina Faso and Guinea-Bissau.

Right-back Nyom told Broos he wanted to stay at West Brom to keep his place in the team.

Bournemouth striker Benik Afobe has also withdrawn from DR Congo's squad.

This is a big deal as Pool look much better with Matip at the back. I was looking forward to his departure. They are 2 points ahead of the Mighty White Lilies of Tottingham

Has anyone been slagging him off?

I think it's an entirely fair and defendable point to say that Dier is better in an attacking sense or that he's simply a better player.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The argument is reasonable I agree, but I do not buy it. I do however think Dier is quality I just think Wanyama is a better defensive player.

Actually with the players we have available I would continue to play Dier in a back 3 where he looks comfortable

Last edited:
The argument is reasonable I agree, but I do not buy it. I do however think Dier is quality I just think Wanyama is a better defensive player.

Actually with the players we have available I would comfortable to play Dier in a back 3 where he looks comfortable
Wanyama is better defensively, but try watching the first half of last night again. Repeatedly he was slow to release the ball, picked passes that were safer than required, etc.

It was a very good performance, but our passing lost a beat when he got the ball.

I have heaps of man love for Victor... I think he's great..

I feel that both Dier and Wanyama should feature in our starting eleven more often than in just the so called big games. I'd like to see last night's formation played against West Brom. Clean sheets win titles.

3BD93F0900000578-0-image-a-34_1483573011798.jpg

Wanyama is better defensively, but try watching the first half of last night again. Repeatedly he was slow to release the ball, picked passes that were safer than required, etc.

It was a very good performance, but our passing lost a beat when he got the ball.
Agreed. But I think it was worth it for what he brought to the game. He seemed to be everywhere in that first half, nicking the ball repeatedly or, if not, at least disrupting Chelsea's flow. It seemed that he lost the ball (through a bad pass) straight after a lot of those tackles, mind, but I'd rather that than him not making the tackle at all.

For me, Wanyama's job is to disrupt the opposition, and get the ball to one of our more creative players -- including Toby and Dier as well as Erikssen and Alli. He and Dembele dominated the centre of the pitch, and I think that laid the foundation for the win.

Wanyama was great, did what you want from that type of player, you compare him to Matic and Kante to get a really appreciation of what he is doing and doing well.

People say "I wish he could do this better" but he is not there to pick a pass or dictate the play, he is there to provide a cover for the back 2 or 3 so Walker and Rose can go forward and add to the attack.

Its a simple game, more simple than people give credit for and Wanyama is there to break up play and give it to those that can play, and thats what happened last night.

Wanyama was great, did what you want from that type of player, you compare him to Matic and Kante to get a really appreciation of what he is doing and doing well.

People say "I wish he could do this better" but he is not there to pick a pass or dictate the play, he is there to provide a cover for the back 2 or 3 so Walker and Rose can go forward and add to the attack.

Its a simple game, more simple than people give credit for and Wanyama is there to break up play and give it to those that can play, and thats what happened last night.
Simple really, I wouldn't pick "that kind of player"

Back