• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Exactly, Dembele was VERY POOR at seeing his and other people's runs into space, he hogged onto the ball for too long and then the opposition's players would set themselves up again and close the space.
It was a big and obvious failing on Dembele's part and led to a bit of a downward spiral generally in our team's forward players making runs: why would they bust a gut to make them (and intelligently) if the ball never arrived in time?
Dembele and Townsend were probably the biggest culprits imo. .

I agree with this, i do not think anyone doubted his ability on the ball but he failed to keep it moving quickly enough. As for the comparison between him and Townsend you have hit the tickle my balls with a feather, i have seen players on our side make runs and because both Dembélé and Townsend failed to deliver the ball quickly enough they stopped making the runs.

There is no doubt that Poch has managed to get through to Dembele and impressed on him to move the ball quicker then he used to ( imo).

Last edited:
On the assumption that this really is a thread abut VW, I'd like to say "Welcome aboard, Victor".

I'm a bit wary of African players, through experience of ACN commitments and (to a lesser degree) cultural differences/family pressures.

In Poch we trust.

Could be fake, but looks genuine

nn45k4.jpg

On the assumption that this really is a thread abut VW, I'd like to say "Welcome aboard, Victor".

I'm a bit wary of African players, through experience of ACN commitments and (to a lesser degree) cultural differences/family pressures.

In Poch we trust.

Racist ... seriously though, Poch has worked with the guy before, price is good, early in window.

I look to the Dier/Wimmer type buys as a good omen on this one, don't think anyone expects more than cover/rotation from Wanyama, we may all be surprised.

In Poch we trust.

???? You do realise that we have African Spurs fans right?

I'm a bit wary of African players, through experience of ACN commitments

This part of your post, I agree with. I don't think we should have two African players in any broad position - ie shouldn't have two African forwards, two African midfielders or two African defenders. Otherwise you're vulnerable, with a small number of injuries, for a couple months every other year during the ACN

Back