• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

You guys have convinced me. We need a player to put on to protect leads. If there's one thing to learn from this past season, it's to become more cynical at defending in the last quarter of a match.

Only three of them are good enough to play regularly in the upper reaches of the PL though. This transfer window is not about quantity, its about getting quality...ie better cover for the first 11.

Son could perhaps get there however if you believe the rumours about who Poch pulled off at half time v Saudi Sportswashing Machine then Son and Mason's days at WHL are over. Chadli isnt up to the required level and its too early to judge Pritchard and Onomah

I also think its highly questionable whether Njie will have the footballing ability / basic skills (crossing, passing, control, dribbling etc) to play anywhere other than CF - at least at CF if he can use his pace to beat his man then he's clean through. If he beats his man in a deeper or wide position then he still needs to play a pass or beat someone else which i think is beyond him.

In most other positions we have some decent cover - AM and CF we dont

I don't think it's fair to make those conclusions when Son and Njie (and Mason and Pritchard) were injured all last season.

Remember they were our two big signing last summer (£35m worth).

And remember what Poch did with Rose/Dembele/Lamela/Dier and how they had enormous leaps in quality during their second seasons under him.

SSN sources have confirmed Poch wants to sign another midfielder in addition to wanyama, and that midfielder is an attacking one.

Bearing in mind that caroll and one of if not both Mason and Benteleb are leaving then we do need this;

Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Mason/Benteleb, Alli, new signing.

According to SSN sources we do not want a wide forward so we will be using imo Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Chadli. I'd therefore expect Njie to spend the season on loan at the likes of Sunderland unless we receive a big offer for Chadli.

SSN sources also say Poch wants another central defender and striker.

Irrespective of our views on what we need, the aforementioned outlines what Poch wants and that's what's important and the likely reality of what will be happening.

First time in a long time where I look at our squad evolution and think fudge me is this real

SSN sources have confirmed Poch wants to sign another midfielder in addition to wanyama, and that midfielder is an attacking one.

Bearing in mind that caroll and one of if not both Mason and Benteleb are leaving then we do need this;

According to SSN sources we do not want a wide forward so we will be using imo Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Chadli. I'd therefore expect Njie to spend the season on loan at the likes of Sunderland unless we receive a big offer for Chadli.

Irrespective of our views on what we need, the aforementioned outlines what Poch wants and that's what's important and the likely reality of what will be happening.

-----------Dier--------Dembele
---------Wanyama---Bentaleb

Lamela---------Alli-------Eriksen
Njie-----------Mason------Son

Is how I think it'll be, with Winks and Onomah as 5th/7th choices, and Carroll, Pritchard and Chadli moved on

I think people are just writing off Son and Njie, which is foolish when you think of Dembele and Walker similar situations 12 months ago.

Ans seriously - taking anything SSN says literally?!

In what world are SSN sources gospel and not idle speculation?

Is how I think it'll be, with Winks and Onomah as 5th/7th choices, and Carroll, Pritchard and Chadli moved on

I think people are just writing off Son and Njie, which is foolish when you think of Dembele and Walker similar situations 12 months ago.

You and Ryan Mason, are you sure you arent his agent?

I think it's a reasonable expectation that one of the biggest media sporting distributors on the planet, would have sources capable of speaking to the right people to ascertain the positions we are looking to fill this summer.

Of course I could be wrong to make this assumption and ssn just decided to make up what would be such easily obtained information, with a little digging from the right people.

You choose whatever makes you feel tingly inside.

SSN Sources have told me that Kirsty Gallacher wants me to show her the benefits of my trouser snake repeatedly.

Breaking News.

I think it's a reasonable expectation that one of the biggest media sporting distributors on the planet, would have sources capable of speaking to the right people to ascertain the positions we are looking to fill this summer.

Of course I could be wrong to make this assumption and ssn just decided to make up what would be such easily obtained information, with a little digging from the right people.

SSN completely make things up the whole time. They need a product to sell.

The more clubs are guarded about their business (and the signs are we've been completely leak free since Timmeh got fired), the more they have to entirely fabricate

The more clubs are guarded about their business (and the signs are we've been completely leak free since Timmeh got fired), the more they have to entirely fabricate

Such as the rumours that Mason can go and is wanted by Bournemouth and Palace.

Or basically, can you imagine a situation where Poch gets phoned up by some wide boy 'journalist', and tells him he's looking for a back-up GK because Vorm's a bit crap? It would only i) serve to unsettle current players, ii) increase the price of players of the profile we are looking at. It would be completely detrimental to the club. I appreciate this logic didn't apply to Redknapp.

Anyway, most non-opinion newspaper stories are written by algorithms now anyway (http://towcenter.org/research/guide-to-automated-journalism/). An experienced journalist from the Guardian told me last week that they are modelling that all their human writing staff will be gone by 2024 at the latest.

Such as the rumours that Mason can go and is wanted by Bournemouth and Palace.

Compared to Mason's mate Roy on this board, who has said that Poch told him at the end of the season that he's part of his plans and will likely be being used more further forward like he prefers

Compared to Mason's mate Roy on this board, who has said that Poch told him at the end of the season that he's part of his plans and will likely be being used more further forward like he prefers

I dont believe him either.

Was anyone writing off Walker 12 months ago? (anyone sane at least?)

Also wasn't the biggest voice in punting Dembele on 12 months ago your own voice? I can barely remember a post from last summer in which you didn't have Dembele on your 'sell' list.

What was it that you had seen that made you want to sell Dembele and what have you seen in Son and NJie that makes you take the opposite view to the one that you did with Dembele?

Dembele was always worth working with as he had the right physical attributes to succeed (immense physical strength and extremely close control). Just because Dembele became the player that he always should've been, it doesn't necessarily follow that N'Jie will become a bona-fide 1st team player.

Just as is the case for every club out there, THFC would already have spoken to numerous intermediaries regarding the types of players/players that we are looking for.

Back