• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victor Wanyama

Probably Arsenal? Although we need him more than they do. I'd take anyone at the moment!

That said he's an absolute Unit and would scare the brick out of the opposition which is exactly what we need, plus he might also add some back up to our pussy players and make them a bit harder.

For me he is a Palacios v2.0. Has very limited abilites with the ball, but protects the defence very good.
Let's see whats happening the next 10 days. I wouldnt be over the moon, but I think he is better than Dier and Mason.

I would much rather him playing at DM than Dier certainly....Dier is a CB.

Plus, he's played under Poch before, played with Alderweireld, till only 24 so plenty of time before his peak......I'd rather pay £15m for him, than £8m - £10m for a different DM from overseas who has never played in the PL before. This signing is too important for us to gamble on someone adapting to the league

Wanyama and Berahino in by the end of the window and I'm happy

Plus, he's played under Poch before, played with Alderweireld, till only 24 so plenty of time before his peak......I'd rather pay £15m for him, than £8m - £10m for a different DM from overseas who has never played in the PL before. This signing is too important for us to gamble on someone adapting to the league

The ones we are supposed to be looking at overseas will be more expensive than Wanyama, if we can get them.

Like a poster just says this reminds me of a palacios type signing .. Jesus I miss the days of modric so bad .. Whatever about bale modric was heartbeat of our side . Different gravy .. I want a player like this in middle .. We are so weak .. Dier doing admirable job but it's total stop gap

Would be a decent signing, he may be a basic enforcer/shield for the defence but we need that at the moment.

Southampton hate us so this will be tough, very reliant on Victor forcing the issue 16-18m a fair price.

Him and Berahino would be two good additions to improve our starting 11 immediately, we really fecking need this at the moment.

Well, yes, it's a logical move, and perfectly in-keeping with the Realpolitik of ENIC-era Spurs and their careful balancing act. Their focus is growing the club's sale value, which means every spare penny is going to go into the bricks and mortar of the new build for the foreseeable. And so we compromise. The missed opportunity of Schneiderlin leads directly to the make-do-and-mend of Wanyama. It won't be quite enough, and everybody knows it before we even start, if we're honest, but there'll be all the talk, still. Much use of the word 'ambition,' again, just never any hint of meeting of it by paying the going rate for the required quality, which, increasingly, is going to become the only game in town. With everybody playing the analytics game, the Berbatov-type, Modrić-type signings we hark back to are going to be made ever more difficult as the doped clubs become more and more efficient at filtering them out and hoovering them up ahead of you.

For us, meanwhile, what's in store is more will-we, won't-we scratch together enough points for that plucky 4th-place finish. It's exciting, after all; puts bums on seats. On the other hand, we'll take a punt on any number of candidates to be the 'next Bale', rather than invest the same money in two or three with an actual shout of making up the re-expanding points gap. A punt is just a punt, though, and when the pay-offs dry up, eventually faith and patience will become exhausted and you will inevitably start to haemorrhage a critical mass of what true quality you actually have. There's the real gamble. The academy? Well, ok, let's see how that all pans out.

Nah, sorry; the annual 'ambition' speech really is just all talk, and I'm resigned to it, personally. Champions' League junkets are lovely; a bit of exposure, gives everyone a shot in the arm and it's great for the brand, but doing it on any sort of regular basis would inevitably lead to having to pay going-rate wages as well, and ENIC ain't about that.

I love the club, though, so it goes without saying I'll keep coming back, regardless. Screw the rest.

Last edited:

This, 100%.
He is a proper DM who will protect the back 4. My concern is that Soton will want silly money for him so Levy will look elsewhere. What I'd give to have him and Berahino in by Wednesday and Lennon, Ade, Lamela and Townsend moved on.

Still need to add some experience to the squad.

Still need to add some experience to the squad.
We don't, actually. This season is a throwaway where we blood in young players and build a team that will compete next season or the season after. If all goes well, we may be looking at starting our first season in the new digs with CL football. :)

All my Celtic supporting mates thought he was great, but whenever I saw him he didn't impress. Have been impressed when I've seen him at SCBC though. In fact I think I tipped him and berahino as the perfect fit for us in June

We don't, actually. This season is a throwaway where we blood in young players and build a team that will compete next season or the season after. If all goes well, we may be looking at starting our first season in the new digs with CL football. :)

And how do we plan on getting CL without Lloris, Kane & Eriksen?

Easy, eriksen is overrated by spurs fans Kane's useless to us if we can't give him the ball, is Lloris irreplaceable ?

Better not sign any other players then. The strikers will all be useless without the ball. We'll all overhype new signings/call them rubbish, even before they've kicked a ball. And ask either what they do or say that they can't be replaced.

Better not sign any other players then. The strikers will all be useless without the ball. We'll all overhype new signings/call them rubbish, even before they've kicked a ball. And ask either what they do or say that they can't be replaced.

Levy out, you in

Well, yes, it's a logical move, and perfectly in-keeping with the Realpolitik of ENIC-era Spurs and their careful balancing act. Their focus is growing the club's sale value, which means every spare penny is going to go into the bricks and mortar of the new build for the foreseeable. And so we compromise. The missed opportunity of Schneiderlin leads directly to the make-do-and-mend of Wanyama. It won't be quite enough, and everybody knows it before we even start, if we're honest, but there'll be all the talk, still. Much use of the word 'ambition,' again, just never any hint of meeting of it by paying the going rate for the required quality, which, increasingly, is going to become the only game in town. With everybody playing the analytics game, the Berbatov-type, Modrić-type signings we hark back to are going to be made ever more difficult as the doped clubs become more and more efficient at filtering them out and hoovering them up ahead of you.

For us, meanwhile, what's in store is more will-we, won't-we scratch together enough points for that plucky 4th-place finish. It's exciting, after all; puts bums on seats. On the other hand, we'll take a punt on any number of candidates to be the 'next Bale', rather than invest the same money in two or three with an actual shout of making up the re-expanding points gap. A punt is just a punt, though, and when the pay-offs dry up, eventually faith and patience will become exhausted and you will inevitably start to haemorrhage a critical mass of what true quality you actually have. There's the real gamble. The academy? Well, ok, let's see how that all pans out.

Nah, sorry; the annual 'ambition' speech really is just all talk, and I'm resigned to it, personally. Champions' League junkets are lovely; a bit of exposure, gives everyone a shot in the arm and it's great for the brand, but doing it on any sort of regular basis would inevitably lead to having to pay going-rate wages as well, and ENIC ain't about that.

I love the club, though, so it goes without saying I'll keep coming back, regardless. Screw the rest.

Absolute garbage mate .. the issue isn't being cheap, if it was, we won't be after any Southampton players, they hate us and will fudge us over on price.

The problem is we have yet another manager who's only way of solving personnel gaps seems to be going after players from his previous club (MS, JR and now Wanyama), despite the fact of, at their best Southampton was still a bricker side than us.

Cabaye would have been a much more sensible buy, but oh no .. "he wont fit our system" .... what fudging system?

He is the type of player we really need, Dier is doing better then what we had last season in that position but do we have time to let him grow into it?. Said at the end of last season that a more defensive CM player should be our priority and it still is.

Absolute garbage mate .. the issue isn't being cheap, if it was, we won't be after any Southampton players, they hate us and will fudge us over on price.

The problem is we have yet another manager who's only way of solving personnel gaps seems to be going after players from his previous club (MS, JR and now Wanyama), despite the fact of, at their best Southampton was still a ****tier side than us.

Cabaye would have been a much more sensible buy, but oh no .. "he wont fit our system" .... what fudgeing system?

Ummm, come on. He's signed a lot of players he's never worked with!

As for being annoyed about Cabaye, none of us know the reason why he wasn't signed, so why get annoyed about him "not fitting our system".

Back