• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

C394A0UWcAA8tQv.jpg

Trawling back through some of yesterday's twitter posts I came across this gem highlighting these insightful words from Phil Thompson.
He is one of my most hated pundits - and the bar is set low. So it is pleasing to see his words coming back to bite him. What a thoroughly detestable, disrepectful person he is.

(BTW - did he moan about the "slap in the face for British managers" when his club sacked Brenton and brought in Klopp?)

Quite obvious who knows nothing about what it takes to stay or succeed in the Premier League.

I know things move slower oop north, but why now, after all this time? Has something else happened?
Is it linked to the Tigers vs Pussies headline posted above?
If it is, they are just precious beyond belief.

Liverpool ban The Sun from Anfield and Melwood due to Hillsborough coverage

Liverpool Football Club has banned reporters at The Sun newspaper from attending matches at Anfield or visiting its Melwood training ground.

The newspaper has been widely vilified on Merseyside due to a front page story it ran on April 19 1989, four days after 96 supporters were killed in crush at Sheffield Wednesday’s Hillsborough Stadium before an FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.

Headlined ‘The Truth’ it alleged that Liverpool supporters had picked pockets of victims, urinated on and beaten up police officers. The allegations have since been disproven.
Total Eclipse of the S*n campaign group have long campaigned for a widespread boycott of the newspaper, which is not stocked in many Merseyside newsagents.

They tweeted: “Further to conversations with LFC Directors we are happy to inform you that s*n journalists no longer enjoy access to all club premises.”

The Sun have not conducted an exclusive interview with Liverpool staff over the past 24 years but have been able to attend matches and press conferences. Last year Jurgen Klopp refused to answer a question from one of the publication’s journalists.

The ban is expected to be in place for tomorrow’s visit of Tottenham to Anfield.

Lots of choruses of "You are my SUNshine" tomorrow then.

Anything negative towards The Sun "newspaper" is alright by me.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand it myself either. Although this just gives it more publicity (which I have just added to). I just wondered what had happened to provoke this, as the ban is being linked to their Hillsborough coverage which whilst undoubtedly wrong, is not a new event.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand it myself either. Although this just gives it more publicity (which I have just added to). I just wondered what had happened to provoke this, as the ban is being linked to their Hillsborough coverage which whilst undoubtedly wrong, is not a new event.

It does seem a bit weird, I'd have thought they'd already have had a total ban on them to be honest.

Maybe the rest of the football world had moved on with their lives and stopped feeling sorry for poor ickle Liverpool.

[Hillsborough was a tragedy, RIP to the victims, but I find it distasteful to role out this disaster all the bloody time]

I know things move slower oop north, but why now, after all this time? Has something else happened?

Liverpool Football Club has banned reporters at The Sun newspaper from attending matches at Anfield or visiting its Melwood training ground.

The newspaper has been widely vilified on Merseyside due to a front page story it ran on April 19 1989, four days after 96 supporters were killed in crush at Sheffield Wednesday’s Hillsborough Stadium before an FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.

Headlined ‘The Truth’ it alleged that Liverpool supporters had picked pockets of victims, urinated on and beaten up police officers. The allegations have since been disproven.
Total Eclipse of the S*n campaign group have long campaigned for a widespread boycott of the newspaper, which is not stocked in many Merseyside newsagents.

They tweeted: “Further to conversations with LFC Directors we are happy to inform you that s*n journalists no longer enjoy access to all club premises.”

The Sun have not conducted an exclusive interview with Liverpool staff over the past 24 years but have been able to attend matches and press conferences. Last year Jurgen Klopp refused to answer a question from one of the publication’s journalists.

The ban is expected to be in place for tomorrow’s visit of Tottenham to Anfield.

Is anyone going today who could organise for every Spurs fan to bring a copy of the Sun in if I pay for it?

Fans unhappy with lack of signings, a series a bad results, general disenchantment with the owners over stadium expansion plans and ticket prices. This costs FSG nothing.

Regardless of the Sun's reputation, surely this is against PL rules. Banning the press for writing the wrong thing is unacceptable behaviour. The Sun is a significant part of the press, like or not. If there is a specific item of coverage there are appropriate measures they can take.

It's deflection pure and simple. Don't look at the team in disarray on and off the field, we're doing wonderful, the press are all against us.
We're top of Lawros league
Stand together
Ynwa

Fools

Fans unhappy with lack of signings, a series a bad results, general disenchantment with the owners over stadium expansion plans and ticket prices. This costs FSG nothing.

Regardless of the Sun's reputation, surely this is against PL rules. Banning the press for writing the wrong thing is unacceptable behaviour. The Sun is a significant part of the press, like or not. If there is a specific item of coverage there are appropriate measures they can take.
Tv pay, papers don't - no Liverpool fans buy the rag so a no lose for them. Proper desperate from the owners though

Back