• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

The Iranian (captain?) also made the point that if they are using VAR its only fair to do this for all incidents - if you use it and are punished rightly for an incident (Pen) and don't use it and miss a deserved penalty is as bad if not worse than not using it at all.

People who say it will stop perceived corruption will be disappointed as it gives the PL / FIFFA etc more control over this side of things.

Strange VAR décision there, ball Hit his hand but no intention at all and the ball was going well wide.

Didn’t seem like a clear and obvious error to not give that pen?

Really, so not in the air and not by his side?

man-standing-with-extended-arms-to-sides_318-62526.jpg

Strange VAR décision there, ball Hit his hand but no intention at all and the ball was going well wide.

Didn’t seem like a clear and obvious error to not give that pen?
different countries have different interpretations for hand ball -I don't watch lots but have heard (podcast) in Spain hits your hand and its handball regardless on position and closeness.

I would be gutted if its given against us - its not hand ball in my opinion.

One of the reasons people used against bringing in technology, was the indiscretions were part of the game and gave something to moan about down the pub afterwards. Seems VAR still provides plenty for people to moan about.

A lot of folks said VAR would stop all debatable decisions and stop the unfair decisions, all it is doing is creating more unfair decisions and increasing the moaning. Its all about money and nothing to do with improving the game.

A lot of folks said VAR would stop all debatable decisions and stop the unfair decisions, all it is doing is creating more unfair decisions and increasing the moaning. Its all about money and nothing to do with improving the game.

Uhhh.. Huh? Money? How so?

Aussie player had a handful of shirt there in the penalty area, VAR didn’t give it though.

The trouble is in football a hell of a lot of decisions are not black and white. VAR won’t help with those if it’s used like it currently is today for example.

Dont be silly.

Its not creating more unfair decisions at all. If anything this WC has proven it is correcting more potentially unfair decisions.

Problem is, as its still effectively being tested/adopted mistakes are happening that are being highlighted.

And thats the point - its a work in progress. It is already getting more right that wrong, and it will improve.

As decisions are made faster and better, we will soon reach a point where very little "wrong" comes out of a match.

Which, IMO, is a massive improvement for the game.

If you're genuinely concerned about money and motives, well I'm afraid you're following the wrong sport.

No idea where you got that from at all :eek:. Its a game i have been involved with as a player, a fan and worked in it most of my life, and imo the whole VAR thing is NOT going to improve the game in the slightest. Are you still confused about and still believe that no one is making money out of it?.

Back