• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

#Update: Is the title still on?

Simple test to see if you're optimistic or pessimistic.

Look at the league table and think about where your eyes normally travel to next - the gap between us and the leaders? Or the gap to fourth place? If you look up - and pause to ponder the possibilities - you're thinking title. Look down and, though you might marvel at that uncommon feeling of superiority, you're fretting just a little.

I'm savouring our presence this close to first at this stage of the season. Just as I'm enjoying the smell of soiled shorts wafting from Izzleengton, Knightsbridge and Anfield

Last edited:
It could be on but it depends on the mentality of the players.
Some of them, like some of us, will be looking over their shoulders and will be happy with finishing in the Champion's League.
The more driven ambitious players in our team will still be looking up the table at gap to Emirates Marketing Project and doing everything they can to claw back those points.

Unfortunately we probably don't have enough of those players. On paper we match up to the likes of United but they have a mentality we can't match.

It's possible. Looking at the premier league fixtures it doesn't look all that likely. However you add in those Thursday night games and the ties that follow them look a bit trickier there are a few banana skins waiting for the Mancs. I've got Man U down for a draw at Norwich Sunday.

We've just got to keep going, our run in is fantastic, the last 8 or 9 games are all highly winnable. Plus the Mancs still have to play each other again.

Simple test to see if you're optimistic or pessimistic.

Look at the league table and think about where your eyes normally travel to next - the gap between us and the leaders? Or the gap to fourth place? If you look up - and pause to ponder the possibilities - you're thinking title. Look down and, though you might marvel at that uncommon feeling of superiority, you're fretting just a little.

I'm savouring our presence this close to first at this stage of the season. Just as I'm enjoying the smell of soiled shorts wafting from Izzleengton, Knightsbridge and Anfield

Eyes definitely up right now, had the gap been less than 10 points, between us and 4th place, my attitude might have been different as it is, I have a feeling of security that it is unlikely that we will be caught as neither Liverpool, Chelsea nor Arsenal have shown enough to suggest that they can close a gap of 10 points between now and the end of the season.

Eyes definitely up right now, had the gap been less than 10 points, between us and 4th place, my attitude might have been different as it is, I have a feeling of security that it is unlikely that we will be caught as neither Liverpool, Chelsea nor Arsenal have shown enough to suggest that they can close a gap of 10 points between now and the end of the season.

This.

I think 90% of us will be looking up as the gap to 4th is so large. If that gets cut over the next few weeks as we play arse, manure and Chelski then we might start looking over our shoulder. For now at least I'm looking at the manchester results with my fingers crossed and loving every minute.

It's possible. Looking at the premier league fixtures it doesn't look all that likely. However you add in those Thursday night games and the ties that follow them look a bit trickier there are a few banana skins waiting for the Mancs. I've got Man U down for a draw at Norwich Sunday.

We've just got to keep going, our run in is fantastic, the last 8 or 9 games are all highly winnable. Plus the Mancs still have to play each other again.
QUOTE]

And trip over each other in that meaningless whassit called European thing malarkey.

After Emirates Marketing Project brushed aside Blackburn, the belief is being drained away as it's becoming more obvious that Emirates Marketing Project won't slip up as many times as we will need them to.

I think realistically it's probabaly gone.
I just want us to win tomorrow to consolidate 3rd place, and we should really just think about that for now

After Emirates Marketing Project brushed aside Blackburn, the belief is being drained away as it's becoming more obvious that Emirates Marketing Project won't slip up as many times as we will need them to.

It's demoralising ain't it? We've done everything the right way and we could fall short after the boring lottery winners might have bought the title.

Back