• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

#Update: Is the title still on?

I think being written off is the best thing that can happen. The good thing is that we are not expected to win it, and its not our target this year. All the pressure is on City and Utd.

City are gonna look like mugs soon, if they dont start winning the PL regularly, and getting out of the group stages of the CL :)ross:).

We have the cushion of building over time. So, in short, this year is too soon, I feel, but I wouldnt put my house against us just yet.

Can you imagine if that actually happened

This would be me for the remainder of May:

thumbnail.aspx

If we manage to finish 3rd, I'll be happy, but ManYoo and Emirates Marketing Project have some tough games and also have to play eachother, if we beat the sum and ManYoo, we would be right back in it, with 'easier' games in our run in. Realistically we know it's a long shot, but hopefully our players are a bit more positive than us fans! We've (fans) been here before, they (players) haven't, which should stand us in good sted.

No, and we never were in
my opinion. Our aim is to secure CL football - anything more than that would be a bonus

Dont let the media propaganda get you - attempting to put unexisting pressure on us in hope we implode and hand it over to lotto winners and nomads in order to keep the top 4 pattern in tact

No, and we never were in
my opinion. Our aim is to secure CL football - anything more than that would be a bonus

Dont let the media propaganda get you - attempting to put unexisting pressure on us in hope we implode and hand it over to lotto winners and nomads in order to keep the top 4 pattern in tact

Eh? Come on arc have a look at the table mate. We're in it.

Eh? Come on arc have a look at the table mate. We're in it.

Roy, I simply feel being close to the top mathematically is far more different than actually being able to challenge and make up 7 points on a team which is vastly superior to ours in terms of squad quality. As much as it pains to admit it - they have 4 world class strikers alone. We have 1 very good one and he's not even ours.

Yes, the fact we're being mentioned in the same sentence as the title is a monumental achievement for us, considering where we were when Arry took over but I simply feel we do not have the 'time' to make up those 7 points on the 2 best teams in the country. For all the stick City are given on here - they've played some good football this year (probably 2nd best to us) and scored an average of over 2.5 goals a game, more than anyone else in the PL. We have managed just over 1.9. Utd have the right mindset on their side and possibly far less pressure compared to City whom everyone expects to fail whereas Utd have won it so many times before. If anything, I'd say (depending on our next 4 results and especially Utd at home) we could end up 2nd which would be the equivalent to winning something compared to teams which turn over more than half a billion pounds per annum.

For me, it's far more important to see us consolidate 3rd and guarantee direct CL qualification. One step at a time. We have 4 extremely tough games coming up and I'd be happy to emerge in the same position a month later instead of convincing myself of something different and then end up disappointed and sad. Hence my initial comment - we are aiming to secure CL qualification this season - anything MORE than that people should take as a bonus instead of creating unrealistic (imho) expectations for the squad and then slagging off the team later when we fail to meet those.

Last edited:
Of course we can still win it, and of course we should still believe that we can.

I'm sure the team have a realistic approach though: One game at a time - and at the end of the season we'll see if it was enough.

My bet is still on third.

It's not impossible. We are obviously outsiders, but if Emirates Marketing Project hit a sticky patch and if we beat the Scum and Man Utd in our next two games, we are bang in there still. I'm not expecting us to win it, and still think that realistically 3rd place is the best we can do, but if we keep winning games then who knows?

Back