• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ugo Ehiogu

Last few youth player condolences :

Anton Walkes : I'll never be able to thank you enough for all the time you invested in me to become a better footballer and man... Rest in peace Ugo Ehiogu

Christian Maghoma : Helped me out so much. Done so much for the boys. Rest in Peace, one of the most genuine people I know. Condolences to his family

Samuel Shashoua : RIP Ugo, an amazing, genuine person who was always smiling and making others smile , you will be missed massively. Thanks for everything

Nathan Oduwa : Very sad day in the football world, not only a coach but a real friend on & off the field. See you soon

Keenan Bennetts : more than a coach, looked after me like I was one of ur own and gave me strength when Most needed; love u and will forever miss u, amen

Jack Roles : Privileged to be coached by such a great player and person, rest in peace Ugo

I wonder if he knew how highly thought of he was. I hope so.

You would think they would have themselves checked out though.

Why? If you have a medical when you sign for a club and pass it with flying colours why would you think there is something wrong with you? If there are no symptoms the player would not think there is anything wrong in the first place.

He never played for us on the pitch, but he became one of our own. Big loss to the game, bigger loss for his family. The messages of condolences says it all about what a guy he was professionally and personally.

Now let's win the fudging cup for him.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Why? If you have a medical when you sign for a club and pass it with flying colours why would you think there is something wrong with you? If there are no symptoms the player would not think there is anything wrong in the first place.

I went for annual medical check ups in a private clinic in London for years before I got ill, I doubt I have earned as much in my lifetime as Ehigou. Not in anyway knocking the lad and feel nothing but sadness for him and his family, especially as it seems he is such a nice guy.

I thought the same when that guy who played Tony Soprano died of a heart attack, it amazes me that anyone who earns a decent amount of money does not have private medical screening an a annual basis.

This may sound ignorant, but I don't understand how he got through an entire playing career without suffering heart problems. Would there not be less stress on his heart working as a coach? Terrible news put into perspective for me particularly as I am 44 years old too.

From a poster on SC:

Hertyid on coys posted a bit of info just now on what happens. Seems morbid to share it really but passing it over from there in good faith as we all are sad about what's happened.

Very sad. Has hit the club hard. Poch and Jesus ran over to him as soon as it happened. He was doing drills with the U23s and suddenly collapsed. He's fainted a couple of times during the last year and had loads of checks from the medical staff. No idea what's gone on here. RIP Ugo.

Jeez, poor guy. Poor family.

I feel really sad about it, such a waste and seems like such a good guy, universally respected.

I hope he was happy in his work and wider life. I'm sure he was.

I went for annual medical check ups in a private clinic in London for years before I got ill, I doubt I have earned as much in my lifetime as Ehigou. Not in anyway knocking the lad and feel nothing but sadness for him and his family, especially as it seems he is such a nice guy.

I thought the same when that guy who played Tony Soprano died of a heart attack, it amazes me that anyone who earns a decent amount of money does not have private medical screening an a annual basis.

Due to the nature of my what I do for a living there are many things that are not picked up during annual private medical screening. For all you know Ugo may have had checks.

I do a lot of work with North London Schools. Once I was teaching a class and afterwards I was talking to a teaching assistant. She mentioned that one of the kids is the son of a coach at Spurs. After a little narrowing down I realised it was Ugo Ehiogu.

His son was full of life and a credit to the man. It's like a punch in the stomach that he's going to have to grow up without his father and such a positive role model in his life.

RIP Ugo. My thoughts are with your family.

x

Interesting; i also saw this post on SC:

"It's likely HCOM, the same disorder which afflicted Fabrice Muamba. 1/500 black athletes have this mutation, which is really scary."

Plus there was Marc-Vivien Foe dying on the pitch in 2003. Truly scary..:(

I wouldn't go so far as to call myself an athlete but like Ugo i am of Nigerian descent. I too collapsed with heart complications but the good docs (actually great docs!) of the NHS managed to save my life after an 8 day coma and several heart ops.

Blacks are certainly more susceptible to congenital heart disease. However i would strongly encourage everyone (black, white, green, orange, whatever) to have regular medical checkups as frequently as you are able to. You just never know what (or when something) might be found. Currently being healthy is just not enough, so please go and check yourselves out if you can. Heck i felt perfectly fine until it turns out i wasn't.

It's not just about you either. Your family and friends (those you leave behind) will suffer should something happen.

Ok i'm getting off my soapbox now to continue thinking about Ugo. RIP buddy...

Meanwhile we've got cretins like the boyhotspur blog embarrassing the club:
with an article titled "ehiogu-snuffs-it". Can honestly say I've never once laughed at anything this guy has written but he has hit rock bottom this time.
Incidentally, I'm surprised today's game goes ahead- some of our guys will literally have seen a colleague drop dead less than 48 hours ago.

Last edited:
Back