• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ugo Ehiogu

I don't know much about his coaching, but he was a superb centre back. One of my favourite non-Spurs EPL players ever.

I was so gutted when we lost out to Middlesborough for him in 2000. Him and Campbell would have been a fantastic pairing.

I can't believe he only got 4 England caps. Southgate, Adams and Campbell were pretty tough competition, but I can't believe Venables took Howey in 1996 and Hoddle took Keown in 1998. Oh for an English centre back half as good as him now.

Is there a song we could sing for him at Wembley? Can't remember any Ugo chants...could ask my villa supporting mate..

Jeez......just look at the man. Big,fit, strong, healthy.........who would ever think he was on the edge.

RIP Ugo....far too soon.....thankyou for playing your part in our resurgent club.

I don't know much about his coaching, but he was a superb centre back. One of my favourite non-Spurs EPL players ever.

I was so gutted when we lost out to Middlesborough for him in 2000. Him and Campbell would have been a fantastic pairing.

I can't believe he only got 4 England caps. Southgate, Adams and Campbell were pretty tough competition, but I can't believe Venables took Howey in 1996 and Hoddle took Keown in 1998. Oh for an English centre back half as good as him now.

My sentiments exactly

nintchdbpict000274759164-e1492700658339.jpg

I can't believe it really, what a loss to the game.

I know U23 job roles are often scoffed at but what better club and better time to be involved at that level and at this club, its a huge loss.

I am never usually sentimental to this level and he was not a player for us, but lets get to the final for Ugo, would be a fitting tribute to a hugely talented player

Such tragic news Rest in peace Ugo. Sympathies to all his family and friends. I find it difficult to understand that so many young and healthy people suffer from cardiac arrest.

As is to be expected, there are lots messages & kind words of condolences being sent from within the football world.
The following are a few from our youth players, past and present, which I think are very eloquent and speak volumes about the type of person Ugo obviously was for them :

KWP : You were like father figure to us all. Thank you for everything you've taught us on & off the pitch. RIP Ugo, you will be missed

Charlie Ownes : Rest In Peace gaffer

Josh Onomah : Way more than just a coach, a father figure as well! Done so much for all of us boys. RIP Ugo. See you soon

Shaq Coulthirst : One Of The Nicest Men To Learn From. A Lot Of Good Memories. Rest Up Ugo

Shayon Harrison : One of the most genuine, and caring people I've ever met. An honour to have been taught by you, not only as a player, but as a person.

Shilow Tracey : Rest in peace Ugo glad to have been taught by you! Great man, great player. learnt a lot

Luke Amos : Lost for words. Thank you for everything Ugo

Luke McGee : So sad to hear the news this morning. Blessed to have worked with and learnt off both on and off the pitch. A true Gent. RIP Ugo

Brings a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye.

That is shocking, i only saw a clip of him kicking the ball about a few weeks ago sad sad day.

Condolences to his family and all the players that played under him.

Back