• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

I was impressed with him again today. Surprisingly strong physically and can protect the ball, good movement and looks fairly quick, good touch and awareness of what's around him. It remains to be seen how his finishing is and whether or not he has the knack for being in the right place at the right time in front of goal, as he hasn't those opportunities yet. Maybe I expect less of him than I do of the established players, but I thought he was our best player in the first half. Pre-season friendlies and competitive games are very different things, but he looks like an exciting prospect to me.
Agree fully. Thought he looked very impressive. Still so young, but if preseason is a place to prove you deserve some role in the squad he's doing everything right so far.

Agree fully. Thought he looked very impressive. Still so young, but if preseason is a place to prove you deserve some role in the squad he's doing everything right so far.

Yes, looks very much at home. If you'd blanked out the face and made the physique a little bigger, you wouldnt know that it wasnt Kane

Things that stand out for me watching him...

He looks about 22 physically
He plays with his head up and has a real awareness of the play
He ha shown he knows what decisions to make e.g, passing and shooting

That’s a hell of a maturity for his age

Having watched a fair bit of youth football he is way better than the likes of Solanke and Abraham we’re at that age and Kane too (although I didn’t see much of him at 17)

I've said it before but this guy is incredibly Kane-like in terms of style of play

Plays as an out and out CF, but has good touch, good movement, scores goals....really top prospect
I just watched that video and you're right. If he trains with Kane all season and studies him he has a good future with us. 17 too! How annoyed would the goons be that we've possibly home grown through 2 worldies. OK won't get carried away but isn't he ahead of Kane when he was at that age? Kane was quite a late developer wasn't he.

I just watched that video and you're right. If he trains with Kane all season and studies him he has a good future with us. 17 too! How annoyed would the goons be that we've possibly home grown through 2 worldies. OK won't get carried away but isn't he ahead of Kane when he was at that age? Kane was quite a late developer wasn't he.
He wont be classed at HG for another year or two as he came from EIRE

Things that stand out for me watching him...

He looks about 22 physically
He plays with his head up and has a real awareness of the play
He ha shown he knows what decisions to make e.g, passing and shooting

That’s a hell of a maturity for his age

Having watched a fair bit of youth football he is way better than the likes of Solanke and Abraham we’re at that age and Kane too (although I didn’t see much of him at 17)

His touch too. The way he did the united CB who got too tight to him was beautiful. He has a deft touch. But it will count for nothing unless he develops. The important attribute is of course finishing. Needs to be able to hit the corners of the goal from anywhere almost without thinking! Will he make it? Yes !

His touch too. The way he did the united CB who got too tight to him was beautiful. He has a deft touch. But it will count for nothing unless he develops. The important attribute is of course finishing. Needs to be able to hit the corners of the goal from anywhere almost without thinking! Will he make it? Yes !
Ha that was class and the United player just boots thin air. You know someone has skills when they do that tekkers. Did I just say tekkers.... clam.

What would be best for his development? A season on the first team bench getting five minutes here and there or starting every game for the U23's?

I've said it before but this guy is incredibly Kane-like in terms of style of play

Plays as an out and out CF, but has good touch, good movement, scores goals....really top prospect

One of the best things about Kane's game is that he doesn't have to play as an out and out striker and is comfortable dropping deep or playing wide.

What would be best for his development? A season on the first team bench getting five minutes here and there or starting every game for the U23's?
I'd have him on the bench every game and throw him on for 5 10 mins. I reckon what Everton did with Rooney. He has the skills and mindset. Sometimes special players can just get stuck in straight away and be a success.

It depends on what squad we have. If we play 4-2-3-1 and have 6 spots in the match-day 18 for the front 4 positions, then depending on who we sign and injuries, he might have 6 senior players ahead of him for half the games say.

I dont see why we couldnt trust him in all the domestic cup games (for the 18 man squad that is)

Whether we would go into the new season with just Kane, Son and Parrott as CF options though....thats a big call

Get him in the Sainsbury's on the fish counter. Day after day wearing white wellingtons and an apron, shovelling ice and lining up the little fishies.
Lobster madam?
Prawns?
King prawns?
Crevettes?
Langoustines? Free rubber bands?

That will man him right up

Back