• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

We are under pressure and need points and wins, now isn't the time unfortunately.
That will almost always be the case, unless we are 4-0 up with 20 minutes to go.

I was re-listening to a podcast earlier with Neil Lennon; from a few years back. They were going on and on about how good Van Dijk and Wanyama are... hmmm

But it made me realise/remember that Parrott could go and get minutes in Scotland, much easier. The Irish absolutely love Celtic.

That will almost always be the case, unless we are 4-0 up with 20 minutes to go.

I was re-listening to a podcast earlier with Neil Lennon; from a few years back. They were going on and on about how good Van Dijk and Wanyama are... hmmm

But it made me realise/remember that Parrott could go and get minutes in Scotland, much easier. The Irish absolutely love Celtic.

Not a bad idea, if he's up for it it solves a few problems, he could even get some European game time.
We would need to get some cover for Harry for the rest of the season though.

Its just common sense, the kid is 17 and has a lot of learning to do.

Where is he gonna learn?

At Tottenham he has played 1 football game in 8 weeks.
That was an under 18 game.

In those 8 weeks there have been 6 u18 games and 4 u23 games that he play in.

Where is he gonna learn?

At Tottenham he has played 1 football game in 8 weeks.
That was an under 18 game.

In those 8 weeks there have been 6 u18 games and 4 u23 games that he play in.

He is going to learn in training with the first squad, playing games at a lower level and then the occasional seat on the first team bench and on when we have control of a game for the later stages. And we do not have that control at the end of games to do that yet, i have read/heard fans say he should start games now. If that was to happen and he looks unable to cope then those same fans would start slagging him off. Its what they do.

He is going to learn in training with the first squad, playing games at a lower level and then the occasional seat on the first team bench and on when we have control of a game for the later stages. And we do not have that control at the end of games to do that yet, i have read/heard fans say he should start games now. If that was to happen and he looks unable to cope then those same fans would start slagging him off. Its what they do.
He should be playing u23 football for us at the moment I think.

Football admin have made a big error imo with their age level leagues, Young players need to play with and against experienced players. How can you expect a boy playing against 18-20 years olds to cope when they come into a pressure game in the PL against internationals, it's easier for young defenders as you should defend as a unit but strikers are on their own carrying a massive responsibility.

In our current dire straits for strikers, I can see no downside on having g him on the bench and giving him a few minutes at the end of games. Didn't JM recently say the same? Apparently reversing his earlier statement that he wasn't ready. Needs must and all that. A natural striker has a nose for goals is I like other positions. Lineker, Fowler, Owen, Rooney all made very young debuts iirc.

In our current dire straits for strikers, I can see no downside on having g him on the bench and giving him a few minutes at the end of games. Didn't JM recently say the same? Apparently reversing his earlier statement that he wasn't ready. Needs must and all that. A natural striker has a nose for goals is I like other positions. Lineker, Fowler, Owen, Rooney all made very young debuts iirc.

Apart from Rooney they all started in a different world and time, Rooney was brick I've read it enough times on here to know thats a fact.

If you're good enough you're old enough.

He must not be good enough yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Which is probably the right answer. The kid is not yet 18 and if he was to play ( as some are crying out for) and does not perform those same fans will be on his back. You have to be careful with kids as confidence plays a big part in their development and if he starts getting negative feedback from some fans it will do more harm then good.

I would imagine he could come on at the end of a couple of games when we are in control, however that is not the situation we are in and not the best situation to play a kid learning the game to find himself. imo

Getting linked with a loan move to Charlton according to the Daily Star. So it must be true!

Back