1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Parrott

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by NaijaSpurs, 15 Apr 2019.

1. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Vedran Corluka

Further to this, Harry Kane (an actual 100m player) was going out on loan to championship clubs when he was 19-20.

That is what we can expect Parrott to do, rather than see him waltz into the first team with zero senior experience.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2020
    P.D. likes this.
  2. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Tom Huddlestone

He'll not be out of the CL squad. He can be registered in the B-list.

3. Dragon_Khan

Dragon_Khan Kazuyuki Toda

The hype is because we (Ireland) are incredibly desperate for top quality players to break through

DeanoAustin likes this.
  4. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Ruel Fox

Exactly this. We haven't had a player anywhere near the top level since Robbie Keane and Damien Duff and the last 5-8 years have been particularly dreadful. So this talented kid comes along and everyone wants him to be the next Keane/Duff. And it doesn't help that his club just has one proper striker because people then assume he should be next in line when Kane gets injured. It's not fair on the lad.

glasgowspur likes this.
  5. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Alf Ramsey

We shouldn't have been waiting until 4th Feb to offer him a decent contract. There was nothing stopping us offering Parrot a very good short term contract prior to now and then improving on that again post 4th Feb.

6. braineclipse

braineclipse Colin Calderwood

Hopefully he has more patience than you do.

He's 17, soon to be 18. That's still very young. If the things you list are too much for him to stay around then fair enough. To not be judged as ready for a reasonable first team role for us at that age is hardly rare, even for supremely talenfed players.

Plenty of positives going around too. He has gotten minutes and been on the bench. Kane is here, but he must also be a massive player to learn from. We don't currently have a lot of good backup options to Kane, the potential of an older backup coming in would mean that a place would open up again soon. Mourinho is giving time to Tanganga (including a very big game) and Sessegnon.
    I'm sure the club is doing what they think is best to secure him to a new contract. He's clearly highly rated, we know it, everyone at the club knows it.

7. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Alf Ramsey

If we had a Director of Football then I wouldn't be worried at all. However instead of that we have Daniel Levy. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past Levy to have been thinking last summer: "why would I give him a million quid contract now only to have to improve it in February anyway. I can save the club £250k by just waiting until February".

8. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Paul Robinson

Bumped back down to youth team socks

9. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Steve Carr

Aka running socks Vs football socks.

Not even Grealish could get a shin pad in the white ones

nayenezgani likes this.
  10. milo

milo Sonny Walters Staff Member

Nope. Youth team players train in blue socks. He was wearing white pre-Christmas. Let's hope that he signs a new contract and gets some game time.

monkeybarry likes this.
  11. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Ramon Vega

So why are 3 of the other players in the 'youth' team photo wearing white socks if all the youth train in blue?

12. milo

milo Sonny Walters Staff Member

I think that both photos are first team training

13. MKSpur

MKSpur Milija Aleksic

Looks like Aurier Skipp and Gedson in the photo, so all first team players?

14. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Ramon Vega

Presumed the article meant he was training with the youth team again only and not the first team (and didn't recognise Gedson) but fair enough

15. braineclipse

braineclipse Colin Calderwood

I don't think we have a history of losing young highly rated prospects? We all know City lost Sancho, Chelsea came close to losing Hudson Odoi, United lost Pogba. I can't remember the name right now, but I think Liverpool are struggling with one of their youngsters now.

With the success of Sancho and some others along with the competition for places at top clubs I think these situations will increase in frequency. The presence of an issue like this doesn't necessarily mean that it's being mismanaged. It might not be possible (within reason) to succeed in all cases. And the kind of speculation we're seeing now doesn't even necessarily indicate that there is any real underlying issue.

For now I'll trust that the club is doing the right thing. They have all of the information we have and orders of magnitude more. I see no possible way of even knowing from the outside what should be done at this point.

16. Legohamster

Legohamster Steve Carr

Didnt Edwards have half the top clubs in Europe sniffing around? How did that go?

You are having a go at Jose, yet Rshford played most games under him at United - he clearly plays players that think that are ready.

A future 100 million player away? based on what?

The hype over a kid we have seen play once at Colcheser is unreal.

monkeybarry, Kandi1977, Robbo and 3 others like this.
  17. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Edgar Davids

Some on here thought Bentaleb, Edwards and Onomah were highly rated prospects along with CCV and probably the greatest lose the sensational Reece Oxford who the media wet themselves over and our lost of such an outstanding talent.

18. yiddo37

yiddo37 Milenko Acimovic

Maybe he just asked Santa for blue socks? :D

19. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Johnny Morrison

20. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Steve Carr

I would like to see parrot get some minutes, but you can't blame Jose for not playing him.
    We are under pressure and need points and wins, now isn't the time unfortunately.

SteveAWOL and milo like this.