• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Troy Parrott

I think he will be at least on the bench. As excited as I am to see more of him that really doesn't matter. He's gotten a lot of hype, he clearly has a lot of talent, what's needed now is consistent hard work on the training ground. If he delivers that Pochettino will reward him, in that sense him being involved against Colchester (and beyond) would be a good sign.

tickle my balls with a feather.

As much as I am anxious to see him play in the first team I do not want to him to be on the downward curve in his late twenties because he played too much football as a teenager. We need to handle him carefully, and I am not sure sending him on loan at 17 is a good idea

Kane was 17 when he went on his first loan to Orient. Seems to have worked ok for him.

Does that mean you do not want think one of Eriksen, Son or Kane will start on the bench? I think it would be foolhardy for Poch to drop Son after he has just had his best game of the season, and I cannot imagine Eriksen and Kane not starting

Yes. We play Leicester less than 3 days after the Olympiakos game so need to use the squad. Ideally I'd like to see 3-4 of the team which will start against Leicester not travel to Greece

Striker peak early...Xfactor and all that.

I don't think we lose anything using him as we would have the likes of Janssen last season or in some cases Llorente.

Unless you try you never know and we lost 13 league games last season or so, so sticking to norm is not always best.

Kane was 17 when he went on his first loan to Orient. Seems to have worked ok for him.
I'm sure you could list a lot of players that have gone out on loan at a young age and a lot of players that haven't. From both lists there will be a lot of players that succeeded and a lot of players that didn't. I don't think that tells us much about what's right for any given young talented player.

I'm sure you could list a lot of players that have gone out on loan at a young age and a lot of players that haven't. From both lists there will be a lot of players that succeeded and a lot of players that didn't. I don't think that tells us much about what's right for any given young talented player.
Since his arrival none of the many promising Academy youngsters that Poch has sent out on loan have returned to establish themselves as part of our first team squad. The list includes the likes of Edwards, Pritchard, Onomah and CCV who let's face it is now very unlikely to return.

Whereas the few that he's never sent on loan, ie Winks, KWP, Skipp, all seem to be making a decent fist of it so far.

Since his arrival none of the many promising Academy youngsters that Poch has sent out on loan have returned to establish themselves as part of our first team squad. The list includes the likes of Edwards, Pritchard, Onomah and CCV who let's face it is now very unlikely to return.

Whereas the few that he's never sent on loan, ie Winks, KWP, Skipp, all seem to be making a decent fist of it so far.

Maybe they weren't sent on loan in the first place because they were the better prospects? Chicken and egg and all that.

Maybe they weren't sent on loan in the first place because they were the better prospects? Chicken and egg and all that.
That's true. I think it might also be a case of players being sent out on loan after having failed to make the kind of impact Pochettino was looking for.

My point is more that we're doing well with our main strategy being one of not sending our biggest talents out on loan.

Not saying there aren't benefits to loans. More that there are perhaps greater benefits from having players on our training ground, with our coaches, working to improve on abilities that make them a better fit for our system week in week out.

Not just a question of talent though is it. To make it with Poch you also need the right attitude and exceptional application.
That's definitely an important point. The question for me is how is that best developed. I think Pochettino rates himself at developing that kind of attitude. I also think being a part of a squad of players where that is the norm helps.

He's said he doesn't like other coaches influencing his players, hasn't he? I think he basically views loans as preludes to an exit. The Clarke situation is probably an exception, because (a) it's Bielsa and (b) it's ostensibly just a continuation of what went before, so it's not really interrupting his development per se.

Last edited:
Not just a question of talent though is it. To make it with Poch you also need the right attitude and exceptional application.

tickle my balls with a feather, and sadly the lower leagues ( including non league) are full of talented players who did not have either of them.

Wasn’t helped but the selection/ formation tonight, felt sorry for him, only had 2 attacking players to pass to or make runs for him.

Back