1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Troy Parrott

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by NaijaSpurs, 15 Apr 2019.

1. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Nail on the head.

2. tw12yid

tw12yid Thimotée Atouba

Kane was 17 when he went on his first loan to Orient. Seems to have worked ok for him.

3. AdamB

AdamB Jack Jull

Yes. We play Leicester less than 3 days after the Olympiakos game so need to use the squad. Ideally I'd like to see 3-4 of the team which will start against Leicester not travel to Greece

4. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jermaine Jenas

Striker peak early...Xfactor and all that.

I don't think we lose anything using him as we would have the likes of Janssen last season or in some cases Llorente.

Unless you try you never know and we lost 13 league games last season or so, so sticking to norm is not always best.

5. braineclipse

braineclipse Colin Calderwood

I'm sure you could list a lot of players that have gone out on loan at a young age and a lot of players that haven't. From both lists there will be a lot of players that succeeded and a lot of players that didn't. I don't think that tells us much about what's right for any given young talented player.

6. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Paul Stalteri

Since his arrival none of the many promising Academy youngsters that Poch has sent out on loan have returned to establish themselves as part of our first team squad. The list includes the likes of Edwards, Pritchard, Onomah and CCV who let's face it is now very unlikely to return.

Whereas the few that he's never sent on loan, ie Winks, KWP, Skipp, all seem to be making a decent fist of it so far.

7. Robbo

Robbo Pat van den Hauwe

Maybe they weren't sent on loan in the first place because they were the better prospects? Chicken and egg and all that.

8. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Paul Stalteri

Not just a question of talent though is it. To make it with Poch you also need the right attitude and exceptional application.

9. braineclipse

That's true. I think it might also be a case of players being sent out on loan after having failed to make the kind of impact Pochettino was looking for.

My point is more that we're doing well with our main strategy being one of not sending our biggest talents out on loan.

Not saying there aren't benefits to loans. More that there are perhaps greater benefits from having players on our training ground, with our coaches, working to improve on abilities that make them a better fit for our system week in week out.

10. braineclipse

That's definitely an important point. The question for me is how is that best developed. I think Pochettino rates himself at developing that kind of attitude. I also think being a part of a squad of players where that is the norm helps.

11. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

He's said he doesn't like other coaches influencing his players, hasn't he? I think he basically views loans as preludes to an exit. The Clarke situation is probably an exception, because (a) it's Bielsa and (b) it's ostensibly just a continuation of what went before, so it's not really interrupting his development per se.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2019
  12. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

Nail on the head, and sadly the lower leagues ( including non league) are full of talented players who did not have either of them.

13. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

14. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

I will be disappointed if he does not start on Tuesday

LemonadeMoney likes this.
  15. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

16. Mr_B

Mr_B Steve Hodge

I've heard some scouts say he's the best natural finisher since Robbie fowler, high, high praise.

17. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Luka Modric

Fowler was a cracking striker, very under rated IMO

parklane1 and thfcsteff like this.
  18. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Jimmy Neighbour

Hopefully see young Parrott scoring a hat-trick against the Goons too then!

19. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Simon Davies

Wasn’t helped but the selection/ formation tonight, felt sorry for him, only had 2 attacking players to pass to or make runs for him.

20. mjc23

mjc23 Scott Parker

Pleased he got his debut. Gutted for the result and him having to feed off scraps.

glasgowspur likes this.