• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Travelling.

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
Loads of you lovely gents suggested I go travelling when I made a thread basically questioning my own existence last year.

I'm excited to tell you I'm going to Vietnam on Monday. Planning to see a bit of Cambodia and Thailand before heading back.

Any suggestions? tips? etc etc.

I'm so fudging excited.

Try the lady boys.

I have never been to that part of the world so I can not give you any suggestions except in the general gist of you only live once, so open yourself to new ideas and people. I became best friends with a Latvian guy 15 years younger then me and it is the best relationship I have(non sexual) never would have believed that growing up I would be best mates with a guy from the other side of Europe.

So go out there with an open heart and mind and make as many friends as you can and soak up the different culture. Oh yeah and if it were me I would bang the brick out of a few lady boys. Remember a rumour about a restaurant in Bangkok where you get blowjobs under the table while you eat your meal, could be an urban myth worth investigating.

Try the lady boys.

I have never been to that part of the world so I can not give you any suggestions except in the general gist of you only live once, so open yourself to new ideas and people. I became best friends with a Latvian guy 15 years younger then me and it is the best relationship I have(non sexual) never would have believed that growing up I would be best mates with a guy from the other side of Europe.

So go out there with an open heart and mind and make as many friends as you can and soak up the different culture. Oh yeah and if it were me I would bang the crud out of a few lady boys. Remember a rumour about a restaurant in Bangkok where you get blowjobs under the table while you eat your meal, could be an urban myth worth investigating.

No urban myths in Bangkok.........it goes on....it all goes on.

-Try all the different food. Best to go to the food halls. Great variety & fantastic tastes. However, if you are not used to Asian food, take loads of Imodium with you.
- There are also great historical sites you should visit.
- Take a river cruise in Bangkok, and stop at a floating market. You can get cold beer there.
- Try Patpong street in Bangkok. That is where all the bars & strip joints are. Also "cheap" watches, and designer clothes.
- Traffic is crazy, and the tuk tuk drivers are mad.
Anyway, enjoy yourself. It will be a wonderful experience.

If you're going to Cambodia you've got to visit Siem Reap its worth it for Angkor watt And the royal city. I'd also recommend taking a scooter trip to beng melea, it takes a day but was an awesome trip.

And yeah Bangkok is filthy/crazy...try nana plaza for seedy filth! Worth seeing the golden Buddha and the royal palace while you are there too! But be careful which floating market you go to, the one I saw was a total tourist trap

Last edited:
I remember your thread quite well 7percent. I actually thought of you and what you described not that many days ago during a conversation with some friends. Actually considered messaging you asking you how it turned out, but didn't get around to it.

Glad to hear you're doing stuff you're excited to do. Sounds like a great trip you've planned!

Travel as light as you can. Plan as little of it in advance as seems reasonable, but bring a guidebook to help plan as you go. Meet nice people, ignore the dingdongheads. Stay out of trouble, it's usually not difficult to make the smart decision. Drink, but try to avoid getting properly drunk. Don't listen too intently to other people's advice on what to do and what not to do (including mine), just do what you want to do. Sleep with someone that isn't a prostitute if you get the chance, but don't be desperate about it.

great stuff, i remember that thread also - have been to Thailand twice so any questions feel free to ask!

how long you away for?

Thanks for all the advice and positive thoughts. I love you guys sometimes.

I haven't got a return ticket as it stands. 3 month Visa for Vietnam (maybe too long?) but will maybe end up volunteering in an elephant sanctuary in Thailand.

I'm also thinking of staying at a Muay Thai training camp for a while. I think it would be an experience and just be cool to come back fit as fudge?

Oh yeah, and I want to look into maybe learning TEFL out there.

The world is my oyster!

If you want to do TEFL then do it before you go would be my advice, better places to do it here and easier to get a job out there having done it here.

What's your budget? My mate has just got back from a Muay Thai place and travelling out there.

Been Thailand 3 times, will write a longer post when I can.

When do you fly out?

Seems to me you're heading over there with the right attitude to make it a positive experience. As fun as it is drinking beer and rooting ladyboys, you'd come back a lot better prepared for the next chapter in life if you do some constructive things whilst you're there. Volunteering will be good for your CV, you'll meet other good people and it might save you some money in terms of them giving you meals or accommodation in exchange for your time. Try as many different foods, beers, teas and dare I say it hallucinogenic offerings that come your way. Talk to everyone from Swedish backpackers to old ladies selling pad thais on the side of the road. Its those conversations and experiences which you'll remember when you get home. Also bear in mind that a few months goes really quickly so make the most of your time, it'll be a memory soon enough. Get the first traveling experience under your belt and it'll be not long before you're planning the next trip.

In terms of Thailand, Koh Tao is the best island there days, Koh Phangnan, Phuket and Samui are all ruined by tourism. Rich Russians, Chinese and badly behaved English have created a bad atmosphere with the locals. Also be careful on the motorbikes, make a video of the bike's condition before you hire it as they regularly try and rip people off by saying you've caused damage which was already there. They'll have your passport as deposit and you'll have to pay the bribe to get it back. Same applies to jet skis but only rich fcukers hire them!

Enjoy!

Koh Lanta is the place you want to go if you want somewhere which hasn't yet been ruined by rampant tourisim - although its three years since i was there so may have changed.

There's also a place which can only be reached by boat from Had Rin (koh phangang) which is a world away from the worst parts of the island - won't divulge too much but had one of the best nights of my life there :)

In terms of Thailand, Koh Tao is the best island there days, Koh Phangnan, Phuket and Samui are all ruined by tourism. Rich Russians, Chinese and badly behaved English have created a bad atmosphere with the locals

Koh Tao is good for diving but I wouldn't say for nightlife, also there have been 2 separate murder cases there within the last few months.

Koh Lanta is the place you want to go if you want somewhere which hasn't yet been ruined by rampant tourisim - although its three years since i was there so may have changed.

There's also a place which can only be reached by boat from Had Rin (koh phangang) which is a world away from the worst parts of the island - won't divulge too much but had one of the best nights of my life there :)

Do you mean Bottle Beach?

won't divulge too much but had one of the best nights of my life there :)
sexy-thai-ladyboys.jpg

unfortunately no lady-boys in sight LemonadeMoney, that night at least...

nah it wasn't called that as far as i can remember PD - had yuan i think

Last edited:
If you want to do TEFL then do it before you go would be my advice, better places to do it here and easier to get a job out there having done it here.

What's your budget? My mate has just got back from a Muay Thai place and travelling out there.

Been Thailand 3 times, will write a longer post when I can.

When do you fly out?

I fly on Monday, too late to do a TEFL here.

I haven't really set myself a budget. Do you mean budget for muay thai or budget for travelling?

I have 10k in the bank and would like to still have the majority of it left if possible.

Also, thanks everyone for the suggestions. Gonna print out a map and highlight/scribble the fudge out of it. All suggestions are appreciated!

Back