• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Hah! I'm just a sucker for a dripping wet, bikini clad Rachel Hunter. Something to take our minds off transfer window tensions.

Have you heard Fountains of Wayne Hotline? Witty mock tribute to the band - on YouTube - by Robby Fulks, and American country-folk-roots artist who struggled for years before his recent Grammy nomination.

Hah! I'm just a sucker for a dripping wet, bikini clad Rachel Hunter. Something to take our minds off transfer window tensions.

Have you heard Fountains of Wayne Hotline? Witty mock tribute to the band - on YouTube - by Robby Fulks, and American country-folk-roots artist who struggled for years before his recent Grammy nomination.
I haven’t but will check it out.

Rachel Hunter turns 50 this year.

And “Stacey” turns 30.

Feeling old yet?

I thought most option terms were agreed prior to the loan - i.e. if we have a loan deal with an option (ours) the wages if we take the option will be in the loan contract and the player cant turn it down (he has signed this in the contract). As standard, I would think this would be the same in a mandatory option but we have no control.

(*in financial terms its a Future rather than an option).
Possibly, I have no idea.
I was more thinking along the lines of the player rejecting the moved due to oerspers terms.
Much like when Toby screwed over SCBC

It was summer 2011 wasn't it. All summer long we were supposedly buying Llorente or Vucinic plus Rossi. We ended up with Adebayor on loan. Maybe the then drooled after Llorente-Rossi partnership will finally come about
Yeah but I was buying him on FM08 already.....I was ahead of the curve

Nkoudou or Njie. He's just a mediocre winger who could only do it in the weak French league. No end product whatsoever
Based only on highlights he looks like the player Andros Townsend thought he was. Certainly more Moura than Njie/Nkoudou.

No end product is a bit harsh. 12 goals and 7 assists in his last season at Bourdeaux. Around a goal every three games, goal or assist a bit more than every two games. 7 goals, 4 assists the season before that. Remembering that he was 20 and 19 years old respectively in those seasons it seems premature to say that he could only do it in the French league or has no end product. Compare his numbers to Moura playing for a stronger team in France and Malcom does quite well.

The club will know a lot about him if it's true that we've been after him before. If he's available at a reasonable price it seems a good signing to me.

Based only on highlights he looks like the player Andros Townsend thought he was. Certainly more Moura than Njie/Nkoudou.

No end product is a bit harsh. 12 goals and 7 assists in his last season at Bourdeaux. Around a goal every three games, goal or assist a bit more than every two games. 7 goals, 4 assists the season before that. Remembering that he was 20 and 19 years old respectively in those seasons it seems premature to say that he could only do it in the French league or has no end product. Compare his numbers to Moura playing for a stronger team in France and Malcom does quite well.

The club will know a lot about him if it's true that we've been after him before. If he's available at a reasonable price it seems a good signing to me.

What were Njie's stats in the same league though

typically its a budget thing, move the purchase to another years accounts. Sometimes its a contract thing, Mbape had an obligatory option as it extended the length of contract (there is a maximum length for age group) so option + max length rather than just max length.

Completely fair, hadnt thought of it from the accounting point of view.

I'd actually take Arnautovic over Malcom. He's proven and can cover Kane and Son, way more flexible and will be hungry to prove himself.

I know the guy is talented, I can see he would probably work well with our team (if he works on tracking back) and it makes a fair degree of sense, but....

...I just cant get past the idea he is an enormous bell end.

And I cant help feeling for that alone it just wont work out. Will he assimilate with the squad? Get along with Poch? Or will he cause drama and be a fudging liability....

Completely fair, hadnt thought of it from the accounting point of view.

I know the guy is talented, I can see he would probably work well with our team (if he works on tracking back) and it makes a fair degree of sense, but....

...I just cant get past the idea he is an enormous bell end.

And I cant help feeling for that alone it just wont work out. Will he assimilate with the squad? Get along with Poch? Or will he cause drama and be a fudging liability....

Absolutely. Our team spirit is still our greatest strength

Back