• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

We don't need a forward. We have Lamela, Alli, Son, Eriksen, Lucas for 3 positions behind Kane. Malcolm can't lead the line.

I still believe Sissoko is not good enough, and is basically playing because he has to.
The rest was all the case in the summer, basically.

Winks and Dier are our only preferred players actually available.
An 18 year old who needs minutes here and there but not a player to rely upon.
2 players reliably unfit. But one has now left.
Alli and Eriksen are quality and can help out.

Id happily sell Wanyama and Sissoko at the earliest opportunity if we had replacements inbound.

Practically Id guess at a replacement in midfield for Dembele for now, and the rest to be sorted in the summer.
If Sissoko isn't good enough, we need to replace the entire squad, because he's been our best player so far.

On average, he's the only one who has been consistently performing. Other players have had better games, but on average, he's been our best player.

You are welcome to your opinion, of course.

I dont agree with it, but am not interested in the great Sissoko debate version 267! ;)

Bottom line is I think we can do MUCH better (and should do much better) and I imagine over time he will be phased back to bit part player if not eventually just sold.

Opinions and all that, but despite the wall of support for Sissoko I still dont think he is good enough.

Im pretty sure we will buy a decent midfielder soon and then everyone will suddenly get a bit of perspective on him.

We'll never get a better return on him than this summer. This has been his best season in English football and the odds are that he will return to his previous form soon.

Opinions and all that, but despite the wall of support for Sissoko I still dont think he is good enough.

Im pretty sure we will buy a decent midfielder soon and then everyone will suddenly get a bit of perspective on him.
Or alternatively we don't buy another decent midfielder and you finally get some perspective on him yourself?

Or alternatively we don't buy another decent midfielder and you finally get some perspective on him yourself?

My perspective is 20/20.

Hes a trier, and athlete, and in the form of his life. And ultimately not of the standard, nor style, we need.

Theres nothing personal about it. Simply square peg/round hole type stuff.

I fully expect us to get some players into midfield in the coming windows and for him to be bumped down the order as they come in.

ROSS: MAJA COULD BE SOLD AND LOANED BACK

Sunderland boss Jack Ross has admitted selling striker Josh Majaand immediately bringing him back to the club on loan could be a solution to the uncertainty surrounding his future.

The 20-year-old has found himself at the centre of speculation with several clubs understood to be monitoring his situation, leaving his manager uncertain over his continued presence on Wearside despite the League One club having received no firm approach for the player.

However, asked if a sale followed by a loan deal could be an option, former St Mirren boss Ross told a press conference: "It's a potential option, it's a potential solution, if you like because if he did go, then naturally we have to find a replacement at a time when we are also looking to strengthen in that area.

“I had a similar situation not long ago with a young player called Lewis Morgan, who signed for Celtic in January and was loaned back to St Mirren at the time, and it was the perfect scenario for me at that juncture. It's something, because of Josh's age and perhaps how any purchasing club would view him, that that could be an option for us. But that is all it is. It's nothing that has even been discussed more than as a potential scenario just simply because there has been no concrete interest or discussion from any other clubs."

What on earth is an obligatory option?!? Surely thats a contradiction?
normally its just another way of saying the deal must be made permanent in the summer, you are right the term is crap but it came from having an option and the braintusts in the media came up with "obligatory"

We have to pay a set transfer fee, but don't have to meet his wages. (IE our get out clause if he isn't very good)
I thought most option terms were agreed prior to the loan - i.e. if we have a loan deal with an option (ours) the wages if we take the option will be in the loan contract and the player cant turn it down (he has signed this in the contract). As standard, I would think this would be the same in a mandatory option but we have no control.

(*in financial terms its a Future rather than an option).

Back