• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

Sort of covered it - but he would be Llorentes replacement - able to play accross the front 3.

Don’t really watch the Spanish league - why hasn’t it worked for him?

Id suggest the obvious thing is the competition.

Also that when we were linked, plenty were dubious about how good he even is.

Cant say Im an expert either way!

I don’t think people down on the CM, I think people saw it (correctly) as an area of concern with Wanyama/Dembele injured Winks coming back from a long term injury.

How affective would Jorginho be in our team with better forwards?

This is the player that has been targeted as weak link by any decent side playing Chelsea

The guy can’t defend, doesn’t run and struggles under pressure. He kicked the ball out of play against us because he was being chased as it was the easy option (could be argued that we need players to do that sometimes too)

It’s easy in hindsight to know that dembele abd Wanyama are broken players but as said previously you would assume Wanyama would get fit and that you could get 15/20 games out of Moussa

I don’t think people down on the CM, I think people saw it (correctly) as an area of concern with Wanyama/Dembele injured Winks coming back from a long term injury.

How affective would Jorginho be in our team with better forwards?

I dont think Jorginho would work in our set up at all.

Though I do agree, even in the summer I (and many) were arguing we needed to strengthen CM.

At the time, Sissoko far from good enough, Wanyama and Dembele perma crocked, and Winks a rookie in need of development.

Since when, well, nothing has changed. Except we have space for someone now with Dembele going.

I agree in general we can be over critical, but I do think both Jorginho and Kovacic would be fantastic assets in our team/squad. Lets not forget that its their first half season in the PL, and also that Poch would get them coached into our system....

I can see that Jorginho given time on the ball can pass
I can’t see anything that Kovacic brings that stand out
I can see that both had performed either in slower leagues or as a sub at Madrid...

True though that it’s only 6 months so maybe I’m being quick to react but I can’t see Jorginho being able to tackle or defend anytime soon
And I can’t see anything on Kovacic that stands out to get him in the team

I dont think Jorginho would work in our set up at all.

Though I do agree, even in the summer I (and many) were arguing we needed to strengthen CM.

At the time, Sissoko far from good enough, Wanyama and Dembele perma crocked, and Winks a rookie in need of development.

Since when, well, nothing has changed. Except we have space for someone now with Dembele going.

Well sissoko has come I and us now a midfielder starter
Skipp is a squad player but one that Poch wants to develop
Dier and winks will start most games
We have lost Wanyama it seems although he still has a squad place
And Moussa has gone
We also can drop Alli and Eriksen in there

I can see that Jorginho given time on the ball can pass
I can’t see anything that Kovacic brings that stand out
I can see that both had performed either in slower leagues or as a sub at Madrid...

True though that it’s only 6 months so maybe I’m being quick to react but I can’t see Jorginho being able to tackle or defend anytime soon
And I can’t see anything on Kovacic that stands out to get him in the team

In (mild) defence of Kovacic, I do question how suited he is to Sarri. Seems to me a very marmite manager and way of playing. As evidenced by Kante being forced into an AM sort of role.

When he was at Madrid I saw Kovacic as a very tiy player, versatile through CM with a bit of quality about him and very well suited to Pochettino and what he wants in a player.

Because of which, despite admitedly not pulling up any trees at Chelsea, Id still have interest in him. (though admitedly not as a top priority, more as a "if the club are into it and he is available...")

Well sissoko has come I and us now a midfielder starter
Skipp is a squad player but one that Poch wants to develop
Dier and winks will start most games
We have lost Wanyama it seems although he still has a squad place
And Moussa has gone
We also can drop Alli and Eriksen in there

I still believe Sissoko is not good enough, and is basically playing because he has to.
The rest was all the case in the summer, basically.

Winks and Dier are our only preferred players actually available.
An 18 year old who needs minutes here and there but not a player to rely upon.
2 players reliably unfit. But one has now left.
Alli and Eriksen are quality and can help out.

Id happily sell Wanyama and Sissoko at the earliest opportunity if we had replacements inbound.

Practically Id guess at a replacement in midfield for Dembele for now, and the rest to be sorted in the summer.

Yeah, the front three are unreal - but to unload him after6 months?!?....

Perhaps its option 2 then, simply not that good (as expected?)

Of the two I like the idea of Fekir more.

A the time we got them it was Malcom/Moura and Moura was my preference based in the little Id seen.

Ultimately, as well, since when does Barcas (and other massive clubs) business actually make that much sense?

In (mild) defence of Kovacic, I do question how suited he is to Sarri. Seems to me a very marmite manager and way of playing. As evidenced by Kante being forced into an AM sort of role.

When he was at Madrid I saw Kovacic as a very tiy player, versatile through CM with a bit of quality about him and very well suited to Pochettino and what he wants in a player.

Because of which, despite admitedly not pulling up any trees at Chelsea, Id still have interest in him. (though admitedly not as a top priority, more as a "if the club are into it and he is available...")

I saw Kovacic as a sub at Madrid and I still say taking a player who can’t get in a team we’re trying to compete with only works if they have a reason to not get in.... don’t get me wrong They have some class CMs but why did they let him go ?

I still believe Sissoko is not good enough, and is basically playing because he has to.
The rest was all the case in the summer, basically.

Winks and Dier are our only preferred players actually available.
An 18 year old who needs minutes here and there but not a player to rely upon.
2 players reliably unfit. But one has now left.
Alli and Eriksen are quality and can help out.

Id happily sell Wanyama and Sissoko at the earliest opportunity if we had replacements inbound.

Practically Id guess at a replacement in midfield for Dembele for now, and the rest to be sorted in the summer.

According to his international manager last summer Wanyama won't pass a medical but it doesn't mean that Fulham couldn't use him!
Sissoko is going nowhere now, has been one of our best players recently.

I saw Kovacic as a sub at Madrid and I still say taking a player who can’t get in a team we’re trying to compete with only works if they have a reason to not get in.... don’t get me wrong They have some class CMs but why did they let him go ?

Why do Madrid do anything? Its not like they are a club that operates to any particular logic!

With Modric and co in place, hard to get in would be the obvious answer I guess.

Madrid are a mega club, their cast offs are often ripe for our first team, no shame in that.

According to his international manager last summer Wanyama won't pass a medical but it doesn't mean that Fulham couldn't use him!
Sissoko is going nowhere now, has been one of our best players recently.

By default. With a full roster I am sure Sissoko would have hardly featured. With balance restored to our midfield options/quality I expect that to again be the case.

I doubt Sissoko is going anywhere yet, there are other moves needed first, but I also doubt he will continue to play as much as he does once we get our brick together.

By default. With a full roster I am sure Sissoko would have hardly featured. With balance restored to our midfield options/quality I expect that to again be the case.

I doubt Sissoko is going anywhere yet, there are other moves needed first, but I also doubt he will continue to play as much as he does once we get our brick together.

Dier, Sissoko and Winks is a good balance.
I think Dier and Winks need pace and power going forward. Sissoko is perfect for that!
Dier is just too defensive, great lad but I would like a more offensive midfielder, is why I'm a big Winksy fan but I love those Sissoko bursts forward and he covering at pace is excellent.

Dier, Sissoko and Winks is a good balance.
I think Dier and Winks need pace and power going forward. Sissoko is perfect for that!
Dier is just too defensive, great lad but I would like a more offensive midfielder, is why I'm a big Winksy fan but I love those Sissoko bursts forward and he covering at pace is excellent.

Opinions and all that, but despite the wall of support for Sissoko I still dont think he is good enough.

Im pretty sure we will buy a decent midfielder soon and then everyone will suddenly get a bit of perspective on him.

Back