• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

How many players do we have who can beat a player one on one? Son at a push, that’s about it. He could easily get games for us, we need more pace....

Just need to replace GKN with someone who can have an impact; in theory, he's meant to be that fast attacker who can beat a man, however he's obviously been useless so far

Haven't seen much of him - how do you know whether he's this season's Mahrez or someone like Mane who could move to a top team and still perform?

You don’t

But he is very young and has the raw attributes

We keep on gambling on young lads form France who we never play so why not

You don’t

Not saying that he's not the answer - as I said, I havent seen much of him. GKN to me is a waste of time, not just because he's shown nothing but also because he plays as an out and out winger, which we never play with and would occupy the space which our fullbacks use as well

You don’t

Our wing signings are odd to say the least, I would like to see our scouting reports on players. Maybe all this suso talk has something to do with it.

I was at the Palace game and thought Zaha was dangerous. Whenever he got the ball I was a little nervy purely because he had that extra bit of pace/skill and caused us issues. I don't think you can judge him on one miss, most players miss an easy chance here or there.

Personally I still like Shaqiri. Fully settled in the prem now. Performing well in a pretty average team (goals/assists count pretty decent). Can find a goal out of nowhere. Naturally left footed so can play off the right (something we lacked today). Just turned 26 so pretty much peaking now. Not sure how available he is.

People may think we are above these players but I really don't think we are (especially at the moment).

Fair play to Watford for taking the risk with Richarlison, just tad more expensive than GKN and has hit the ground running. I would hazard a guess that if we don't get him on a loan back deal in January that ship will have sailed by summer.

Kept more of an eye on the lad in the last few games and I am well and truly on that bandwagon, not just the highlights but his all round game

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Fair play to Watford for taking the risk with Richarlison, just tad more expensive than GKN and has hit the ground running. I would hazard a guess that if we don't get him on a loan back deal in January that ship will have sailed by summer.

Kept more of an eye on the lad in the last few games and I am well and truly on that bandwagon, not just the highlights but his all round game

He looks lively. I also think Ducoure could be an option for replacing Dembele.

Sell Rose to United on the condition we can buy Martial.

Bring in Martial, Sessegnon and Barkley.....and bring Edwards into the first team squad.

Seems to be a player that suddenly all the big sides are looking at

At 25? Big gamble that.
It worked with Dembele because Dembele has the right attitude. I think that is the defining factor.
I actually would see Zaha doing a Dembele and converting in call carrying CM. But I'm not convinced.

I think he has the right attitude, to leave Utd and go back to Palace shows me that. It would have been easy to stay at Utd but he wanted to play and develop so went and did that. Big contrast with some of the squad players at bigger clubs who know they will never be first choice but stay anyway.

Richarlison is just superb all round. Looks so strong and best of all, seems to have a really good football brain already. Knows when to play the pass and when to beat the man. Between the January window and the summer one I would be all over getting him in alongside Sessegnon and one of Zaha/Mahrez. I suspect that Mahrez might be easier to get as he only has 2 years left in June and no way is he signing a new deal. Zaha has a contract until 2022 and I could see them wanting £45m or so for him just because he is so irreplaceable to them.

Those 3 players would really shake our squad up and finally give us some much needed ability to beat a man whilst facing him up. Son can do it on occasion and Dembele when fit does but other than that we just don't have it.

Back