• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

5 goals and 9 assist when he last had a full season without injuries. He's an excellent option to have back in our squad. I wouldn't expect a January signing to come in and do better than him.

And against some of the bigger teams. His influence in the team is also a factor. Sorry Adam B you don't know what you are talking about.

People saying that we desperate need this and that kind of player in January. And at the same time making jokes about that we have bought players like Sissoko.

If you are desperate it is exactly that kind of player you will get, for exactly that kind of money

Hilarious

People saying that we desperate need this and that kind of player in January. And at the same time making jokes about that we have bought players like Sissoko.

If you are desperate it is exactly that kind of player you will get, for exactly that kind of money

Hilarious

Not if the recruitment team do a good job.....

Where did you get that idea from?;)

Well Levy like to buy at the end of the window. So the only End of window he will get players for next season in, is this Jan.

Maybe some bosmans? there must be a bunch of players with only 6 months left that we can get.

I think Toby being out has shown what we all knew. He is the lynchpin of our defence. If we are going to keep playing three then we really need another in. or we get through the season and hope that CCV can be that player.

Well Levy like to buy at the end of the window. So the only End of window he will get players for next season in, is this Jan.

Maybe some bosmans? there must be a bunch of players with only 6 months left that we can get.

I think Toby being out has shown what we all knew. He is the lynchpin of our defence. If we are going to keep playing three then we really need another in. or we get through the season and hope that CCV can be that player.
I was only pulling his leg as Poch said something similar himself the other day.

And against some of the bigger teams. His influence in the team is also a factor. Sorry Adam B you don't know what you are talking about.

I’ll ignore the final comment, however 5 goals and 9 assists in a full season...really? Again, useful player to have back, gives us more depth and a better attacking option than Sissoko or GKN.....however compare those stats to Dele, Eriksen and Son for last season. Pleased he’s back but this isn’t some sort of transformational event and some of the comments on here about the benefits of his return feel like they massively over-state his previous impact.

Takes me back to Defoe-times...whenever he used to be injured people would forget that he was born offside and needs 3 chances to take 1. I fear that the same is true with this lay off with Lamela.

Let’s see what he does in the coming months..

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I’ll ignore the final comment, however 5 goals and 9 assists in a full season...really? Again, useful player to have back, gives us more depth and a better attacking option than Sissoko or GKN.....however compare those stats to Dele, Eriksen and Son for last season. Pleased he’s back but this isn’t some sort of transformational event and some of the comments on here about the benefits of his return feel like they massively over-state his previous impact.

Takes me back to Defoe-times...whenever he used to be injured people would forget that he was born offside and needs 3 chances to take 1. I fear that the same is true with this lay off with Lamela.

Let’s see what he does in the coming months..

Part of that was us playing better as a team last season. Lamela's numbers were comparable to the others when he did last play a full season.

Having a better bench/rotation option than Sissoko can be transformative in my eyes. It's been one of the missing ingredients so far this season.

Part of that was us playing better as a team last season. Lamela's numbers were comparable to the others when he did last play a full season.

Having a better bench/rotation option than Sissoko can be transformative in my eyes. It's been one of the missing ingredients so far this season.

We did quite well in his last full season! Agree about the depth point though, as mentioned above

We did quite well in his last full season! Agree about the depth point though, as mentioned above

We definitely did well. But the players you're comparing him with for end product didn't do as well in 15/16 as in 16/17. And their numbers in 15/16 were comparable to Lamela's numbers in that season.

Obviously speculative, but perhaps Lamela would have delivered as well as them in 16/17 if fit?

Erratic, brick and already flopped at a top 6 club?

Sessegnon for the same fee and a third of the wages would be a far better bet.

Sessegnon might be a very good prospect but he's 17 years old, he needs at least a few years further development. I'd be very surprised if Sessegnon joined and was then immediately pushing for a starting spot on a regular basis, Zaha would at least offer this as a experienced PL player.

I'm not saying Zaha is the answer he does tend to be inconsistent.

Sessegnon might be a very good prospect but he's 17 years old, he needs at least a few years further development. I'd be very surprised if Sessegnon joined and was then immediately pushing for a starting spot on a regular basis, Zaha would at least offer this as a experienced PL player.

I'm not saying Zaha is the answer he does tend to be inconsistent.

What's the purpose of the signing though?

We are talking about (to start with) a 5th choice AM (someone better than Sissoko and GKN) and/or a 3rd choice LB.

Do you want a senior journeyman sulking on the bench, or someone that in 3 years' time could well be the next Bale?

Sessegnon has the qualities to be an effective attacking impact sub now, while longer term being developed into Rose's successor.

If Everton chiefs decide Ross Barkley transfer must happen in January then so be it, says Sam Allardyce
Chelsea and Spurs are still eyeing England midfielder who's almost back from injury and will be a free agent next summer

By
David Anderson
Football And Boxing Correspondent
22:30, 14 DEC 2017

He was once seen as England’s future — but Sam Allardyce says he will not argue if Everton decide Ross Barkley is part of their past.

Allardyce says he will accept the board’s decision if they offload the contract-rebel midfielder next month.

Barkley, who is close to returning from a serious hamstring injury suffered in pre-season, can leave on a Bosman next summer — but the Blues would rather sell in January than lose him for nothing.

They had agreed a deal with Chelsea on transfer deadline day, only for the move to fall through at the 11th hour.

The champions continue to compete with Tottenham for the playmaker.

New boss Allardyce says he has yet to discuss Barkley’s future with the board after overseeing four games in 11 days since being appointed at the start of the month, and will go along with whatever they decide.

“It’s a difficult one,” said the 63-year-old, who omitted Barkley from his one England squad 15 months ago.

“I haven’t had the opportunity yet to find out the true, or the whole, scenario and say, ‘Where does it lie?’ and then make a decision one way or the other.

“I’m not in control of that in too many ways.

“If someone comes in during January and says ‘Here you go’ and the club say, ‘Look, if he’s not going to sign for us, this has to be the case’ then I accept that.”

Allardyce is willing to depart from his predecessor Ronald Koeman’s tough stance and bring Barkley back in from the cold if he shows the right attitude.

He says he would consider playing him, even if he continues to refuse to commit his future to the Merseysiders.

“If Ross stays, and stays until the end of the season, and I feel he is giving 100 per cent to the team, like he has done since he was a kid, then he is an available asset until he leaves on a free transfer,” he said.

“I would hate that to happen, but it might do.”

Barkley, 24, should recover by next month and Allardyce explained his injury, suffered during training back in August, was complicated.

“He’s not too far away, by the looks of it,” he said.

“He looks fit and healthy. The hamstring was a particularly bad one.”

Erratic, brick and already flopped at a top 6 club?

Sessegnon for the same fee and a third of the wages would be a far better bet.
do you watch a lot of Palace? the people i speak to say he is pretty consistent now, and if i ever read a match report most say he was a handful, must admit i only watch them against us but base my views on others opinions. He did flop but he was a kid players do improve I think kZaha has with added power and influence.

I like him a lot but fear he will cost £50M+ which i agree is too much.

do you watch a lot of Palace? the people i speak to say he is pretty consistent now, and if i ever read a match report most say he was a handful, must admit i only watch them against us but base my views on others opinions. He did flop but he was a kid players do improve I think kZaha has with added power and influence.

I like him a lot but fear he will cost £50M+ which i agree is too much.

They are my second team (closest to where I grew up), so a tad more than the other 18 EPL teams.

I just don't like his style. I think he's one of those chaotic Bolasie/Wanchope players that are effective for poor team, but lack the intelligence for teams that have more strategic offensive play

They are my second team (closest to where I grew up), so a tad more than the other 18 EPL teams.

I just don't like his style. I think he's one of those chaotic Bolasie/Wanchope players that are effective for poor team, but lack the intelligence for teams that have more strategic offensive play
they certainly say he has a lot more end product than Bolasie, not saying his a world beater but your criticisms do seem to be of the player he was rather than the one he is now. I personally think we need a bit of unpredictability as that is what we are missing, we have very good players who can do a lot of things very well but its just a bit predictable, also why i am not adverse to a discounted Barkley.

Back