• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window thread?

I'd be amazed if they would sell to us, or if we'd pay the price which they would want for someone who turns 30 next summer.

Someone like Bernard from Shakhtar would feel a much more realistic signing to me
Bernard is out of contact so can be negotiated with in Jan

Wow and Benteke on similar, no idea how they can fund over £10m in wages for 2 players with a capacity of 20k.

Everyone else is on dogs wages, all eggs in one basket and they use what other clubs use on fees to cover the wages

Wow and Benteke on similar, no idea how they can fund over £10m in wages for 2 players with a capacity of 20k.
a) They probably can't afford it, but who cares nowadays
b) They just bin off 2 ageing pro's and put the wages in Zaha's pockets
c) TV deal is absolutely enormous
d) They didn't waste THIRTY MILLION POUNDS on Sissoko

a) They probably can't afford it, but who cares nowadays
b) They just bin off 2 ageing pro's and put the wages in Zaha's pockets
c) TV deal is absolutely enormous
d) They didn't waste THIRTY MILLION POUNDS on Sissoko

Janssen/Njie/Nkoudou..... etc etc

Bernard is out of contact so can be negotiated with in Jan

Really? If thats right then we should be on the phone to him straight away in Jan. He's a £30m - £50m player and one who I think we have a chance of fitting within our wage structure, and POSSIBLY without the richer teams being interested in him

Isn’t lamella doing that?

More re-writing of history. Again, its good to have him back but really, how many goals did he score before his injury and how often did he open up a defence? He works hard and he's worth his place in the squad, but he was never the fulcrum of our attacking play or a real threat to opposition back 4s

It's clear we need pace, someone who terrifies the defence when running at them. At the moment we are incredibly pedestrian passing sideways and backwards and always looking for the 'killer ball'. We need another option.

More re-writing of history. Again, its good to have him back but really, how many goals did he score before his injury and how often did he open up a defence? He works hard and he's worth his place in the squad, but he was never the fulcrum of our attacking play or a real threat to opposition back 4s
5 goals and 9 assist when he last had a full season without injuries. He's an excellent option to have back in our squad. I wouldn't expect a January signing to come in and do better than him.

Back