• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer window predictions

Robbo

Les Ferdinand
We all know that not much will happen for Spurs in the January transfer window, but there is always hope and speculation. Give us your best shot here. My expectations:

Realistic expectation: No incomings, Eriksen, Wanyama and Rose out.

Hopeful expectation: New right back in. Eriksen, Wanyama and Rose out.

Utopian expectation: New right back, left back, experienced centre back, proper defensive midfielder and a quality back up striker in. Wanyama, Rose and Aurier out. Eriksen to sign new contract.

Someone rubbish and old from a second tier Euroleague in. Christian out. A new assistant scout or goalkeeping coach will be announced to disproportionate fanfare. Not going to bother with hope; it does to us what utopia did for Thomas More.

Realistic (due to Levy): Wanyama out, some youngsters recalled from loan out. Nobody in.

Hopeful: Soumare in from Lille.

Utopian: Soumare in from Lille, Lo Celso deal made permanent, right and left backs in.

I’m preparing myself for Levy’s version of realistic and an 8th to 12th place Pl finish.

In: Soumaré, Fernandes (or Upemecano, Perreira, or others, but I'm crossing my fingers than a couple who will challenge for the first team will arrive)
Out: Wanyama, Eriksen

Plus, Lo Celso made permanent and potentially a loan CF coming in, depending on how bad Harry's injury is

In: Soumaré, Fernandes (or Upemecano, Perreira, or others, but I'm crossing my fingers than a couple who will challenge for the first team will arrive)
Out: Wanyama, Eriksen

Plus, Lo Celso made permanent and potentially a loan CF coming in, depending on how bad Harry's injury is

Utopia: Out :Eriksen abroad (for reasonable money), Wanyama,Rose, KWP and Verts
Utopia: In: Verane, Soumare, Fernandes, Perreira and a bully of a CF

Utopia: Out :Eriksen abroad (for reasonable money), Wanyama,Rose, KWP and Verts
Utopia: In: Verane, Soumare, Fernandes, Perreira and a bully of a CF

So that's spend of £200m - £250m, offset by £50m - £60m in....thats more than Utopia!

Seeing as we probably dont have much money/wont spend a lot I'm interested to know who people think might be available in the 20/30 region and improve us?

If we seriously intended to buy someone it would be ready to go at the start of the window.
Levy will have a look at who is available and cheap with 3 days to go in the window as usual.

On that basis though, you're saying tht all deals done after Jan 1 by any clubs are panic buys
Pretty much... the Dippers announced they were signing van Dijk on 27th December ahead of January 2018 transfer window re-opening.

Meanwhile Levy is probably haggling over whether he can make a 50% profit on the £11m that Eriksen cost just before the summer transfer window in 2013 closed.

Don’t know, but it seems fair to say we haven’t bothered getting any deals lined up in advance ready to go when the window opened...

Given that we changed managers six weeks ago, it is reasonable to assume that our targets might have changed.

I don't think we'll sign anyone. We seem to be making the usual noises about not spending money and don't really look like we have many solid links out there. I see Leicester have had a bid rejected for that Juve centre back. They'll have recruited two centre backs in the time it takes us to decide Walker-Peters needs to be flogged to QPR.

Are we completely crippled by the stadium? It appears that we have one of the smallest budgets in the whole of the league. I really don't understand it. I fail to see how we can sit back and watch Leicester (for example) spend and romp past us. Before Liverpool got Klopp and invested, e had been ahead of them for almost a decade.

If we are completely ruined by the stadium, then I suppose we have no option but to live with it. You can't help but be concerned though when you see reports that we are being put off by £20m price tags.

I hoped the Kane injury might prompt a bid for Bowen, but he'll probably end up at Leicester too as successor to Vardy. Will fit in nicely alongside their other young talent. We built a team like that once...

Back