• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I think the key thing is how much money we have to spend.

It is like your own personal budget, if you know how much you can spend in the supermarket you cut your cloth to match. With so many positions needing improvement we might have to hope our scouting department can pull out some left field suggestions.

I think the key thing is how much money we have to spend.

It is like your own personal budget, if you know how much you can spend in the supermarket you cut your cloth to match. With so many positions needing improvement we might have to hope our scouting department can pull out some left field suggestions.
2/3 key signings would have a massive impetus
Get in some real full backs and maybe a quality CB and that defence changes
Don’t forget under Mou 74% of the goals have come from defensive errors or set pieces. Sort out just half of those and it’s a very different team
Get full backs that can defend and attack and it’s double bubble

In order of most need we are desperate for:

1. A defensive midfielder.
2. A left back
3. A centre half
4. Another number 9 option as cover for Kane.
5. An option to challenge Aurier for right back spot.

I’d go Soumare from Lille, Lewis from Norwich and Bogle from Derby for 1, 2 and 5.

question is whether we even have the budget for those 3?

We need a DM and CB to go straight in to the first XI as a matter of high importance come the summer imo. From there we need to look at full backs and cover for Kane (and Son) and beyond that it's acase of improve where we can with what's available in the market/what we can afford

We need a DM and CB to go straight in to the first XI as a matter of high importance come the summer imo. From there we need to look at full backs and cover for Kane (and Son) and beyond that it's acase of improve where we can with what's available in the market/what we can afford
I think FBs is the priority
Today and other games when we have played winks and Lo Celso we have shown they can handle their own
We have t had anyone do a decent FB job other than Tanganga and he isn’t a FB
A commanding CB wouldn’t hurt an we have been linked with Dias at Benfica a lot but he would cost a lot too
I just think if you can get class FBs it takes the pressure off the CBs

Linked to Ben Foster, imo the way Lloris has been for 2 years now Foster would start ahead of him

This makes absolute sense to me.

On a free + English = Perfect backup GK signing?

It's been pretty clear that the squad balance hasn't been the best in terms of squad registration rules and whatnot. Vorm retires + Gazza moves on for just about however much we paid for him and we have one of our England youth keepers knocking about and send the other on loan (whiteman and austin was it?!). You've added one homegrown + English as well as upping the quality.

Think we have all annoyingly seen what he can do on a few occasions....coupled with the issues in Gazza's game highlighted by his extended run in the team....It will depend on Jose rating him, and Foster seeing it as a challenge to take no1 shirt rather than coming in as a reserve i guess.

Could be saying this just cause I fudging love free transfers though. Dries Mertens is another alongside Kurzwara. A net spend of 0 (yeah I know..) to provide quality back up and experience in area where it's desperately needed.

Do it and sell the dross Mr Levy please!

At last - you are getting the beasts memo!

I think FBs is the priority
Today and other games when we have played winks and Lo Celso we have shown they can handle their own
We have t had anyone do a decent FB job other than Tanganga and he isn’t a FB
A commanding CB wouldn’t hurt an we have been linked with Dias at Benfica a lot but he would cost a lot too
I just think if you can get class FBs it takes the pressure off the CBs

Nah. The spine is the priority.

A CB, a DM and a bullying CF ( a la Drogba/ Costa) who can both play with Kane and instead of Kane.

Back