• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

could not sleep and just seen this on the bbc website gossip page Leicester City have been linked with a move for Atalanta and Belgium defender Timothy Castagne, 24.

firstly they really do go for the smart signings because he is someone i would look at for right back and his contract length means not ridiculous price. Secondly he is a right back so does that mean that their brilliant Portuguese right back is off? maybe coming to join up with Mourinho.

Would happily take Castagne, but would love Pereira at right back and the young Portuguese Wolves left back Vinagre. Giving us some pace and power again, also height which Mourinho likes in his full backs.

I need some transfer news to perk me up, or at least some gossip.

could not sleep and just seen this on the bbc website gossip page Leicester City have been linked with a move for Atalanta and Belgium defender Timothy Castagne, 24.

firstly they really do go for the smart signings because he is someone i would look at for right back and his contract length means not ridiculous price. Secondly he is a right back so does that mean that their brilliant Portuguese right back is off? maybe coming to join up with Mourinho.

Would happily take Castagne, but would love Pereira at right back and the young Portuguese Wolves left back Vinagre. Giving us some pace and power again, also height which Mourinho likes in his full backs.

I can’t see Vinagre as a left back... but as a left wing then yeah. He is rapid and plays with his head up. It was him that scored vs Liverpool, the goal that got VAR’d off I’m sure. He is gonna be a really really good player

Maybe this one will help a little bit!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ise-Tottenham-midfielder-Tanguy-Ndombele.html

Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele is a shock target for Barcelona this summer with the Spanish giants hoping to rescue him from his nightmare spell in north London, according to reports from Spain.

The Frenchman became the club's record signing when he joined from Lyon in a £65million deal this season, and while he has shown glimpses of his ability, he has struggled for fitness and has been criticised for his work rate.

Ndombele went viral after a supporter captured his lethargic display in a defeat to Wolves when he was seen barely attempting to track back and help the team, and in the following game against Norwich he was hauled off at half time by Jose Mourinho.

His manager slammed him after the match and said his team 'didn't have a midfield', and the 23-year-old could now be on his way to the Nou Camp, with Barca keen on snapping up a player they were interested in last year, Mundo Deportivo claim.

The Spanish outlet claim that Ndombele now has a 'tense relationship' with his Mourinho, with the midfielder now considering a 'change of scenery'.

Their front page reads 'Barca search for muscle', adding that the club are 'on the hunt for a physical and versatile' star.

The Catalan side see Ndombele as 'a modern midfielder', or 'a midfielder with legs' who could fill in for Ivan Rakitic or Arturo Vidal, who have both been linked with exits recently.

Barcelona are reportedly planning an overhaul of their squad this season after an uneven campaign that has seen them sack manager Ernesto Valverde.

'In the first half we didn't have a midfield,' the Portuguese boss said. 'Of course I'm not speaking of Skipp, because he's a kid of 19 who's played two hours in the last few days. I don't criticise him at all.

'But I'm not going to run away and I have to say he [Ndombele] has had enough time to come to a different level.

'I know the Premier League is difficult and some players take a long time to adapt to a different league.

'But a player with his potential has to give us more than he is giving us, especially when you see how Lucas, Lo Celso and those players are playing. I was expecting more in the first half from him.'

The club are said to be prioritising a forward who can play alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, with Neymar and Lautaro Martinez both high up on their lists, but they will also be looking at new recruits in the middle of the park.

Mundo Deportivo says Ndombele is 'the midfielder Barca dreams of', and given his recent performances at Tottenham, it's likely they would listen to offers if they could recoup the money the spent on him.

Following his infamous display against Burnley, Mourinho switched him and Oliver Skipp out for Lucas Moura and Giovani Lo Celso, with Spurs immediately turning on the style after the break. He refused to lay into young Skipp but said Ndombele 'has to give us more than he is giving us'.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. Sure on one hand it'd seem like we will have given up on him far too quickly but has it really paid dividends to stick with Sanchez for as long as we have done? And this is given that Sanchez's faults haven't been in effort and I appreciate they are different situations but it's a similar "spend big money on a young talent with a perceived high ceiling..". Jose wants the best out of him but it's clear a lot of improvement is needed in a number of regards. We want an Essien, not a less disruptive Taarabt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ise-Tottenham-midfielder-Tanguy-Ndombele.html

Tottenham midfielder Tanguy Ndombele is a shock target for Barcelona this summer with the Spanish giants hoping to rescue him from his nightmare spell in north London, according to reports from Spain.

The Frenchman became the club's record signing when he joined from Lyon in a £65million deal this season, and while he has shown glimpses of his ability, he has struggled for fitness and has been criticised for his work rate.

Ndombele went viral after a supporter captured his lethargic display in a defeat to Wolves when he was seen barely attempting to track back and help the team, and in the following game against Norwich he was hauled off at half time by Jose Mourinho.

His manager slammed him after the match and said his team 'didn't have a midfield', and the 23-year-old could now be on his way to the Nou Camp, with Barca keen on snapping up a player they were interested in last year, Mundo Deportivo claim.

The Spanish outlet claim that Ndombele now has a 'tense relationship' with his Mourinho, with the midfielder now considering a 'change of scenery'.

Their front page reads 'Barca search for muscle', adding that the club are 'on the hunt for a physical and versatile' star.

The Catalan side see Ndombele as 'a modern midfielder', or 'a midfielder with legs' who could fill in for Ivan Rakitic or Arturo Vidal, who have both been linked with exits recently.

Barcelona are reportedly planning an overhaul of their squad this season after an uneven campaign that has seen them sack manager Ernesto Valverde.

'In the first half we didn't have a midfield,' the Portuguese boss said. 'Of course I'm not speaking of Skipp, because he's a kid of 19 who's played two hours in the last few days. I don't criticise him at all.

'But I'm not going to run away and I have to say he [Ndombele] has had enough time to come to a different level.

'I know the Premier League is difficult and some players take a long time to adapt to a different league.

'But a player with his potential has to give us more than he is giving us, especially when you see how Lucas, Lo Celso and those players are playing. I was expecting more in the first half from him.'

The club are said to be prioritising a forward who can play alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, with Neymar and Lautaro Martinez both high up on their lists, but they will also be looking at new recruits in the middle of the park.

Mundo Deportivo says Ndombele is 'the midfielder Barca dreams of', and given his recent performances at Tottenham, it's likely they would listen to offers if they could recoup the money the spent on him.

Following his infamous display against Burnley, Mourinho switched him and Oliver Skipp out for Lucas Moura and Giovani Lo Celso, with Spurs immediately turning on the style after the break. He refused to lay into young Skipp but said Ndombele 'has to give us more than he is giving us'.

I'm not sure where I stand on this. Sure on one hand it'd seem like we will have given up on him far too quickly but has it really paid dividends to stick with Sanchez for as long as we have done? And this is given that Sanchez's faults haven't been in effort and I appreciate they are different situations but it's a similar "spend big money on a young talent with a perceived high ceiling..". Jose wants the best out of him but it's clear a lot of improvement is needed in a number of regards. We want an Essien, not a less disruptive Taarabt.

Think the is a player in there but just dont think he can do it week in week out in the prem. He is not suited to the prem.

If he went to Barcelona he would probably play amazing against us in europe in a few years time and people would say why did we sell him.

I would get the money back myself. Go for Zakira and Soumare or cook at Bournemouth. Lo Celso is the creative type we need and you can see it in him.

Our best ever team had dembele, wanyama and Dier. 3 beasts, that is what we need.

Think the is a player in there but just dont think he can do it week in week out in the prem. He is not suited to the prem.

If he went to Barcelona he would probably play amazing against us in europe in a few years time and people would say why did we sell him.

I would get the money back myself. Go for Zakira and Soumare or cook at Bournemouth. Lo Celso is the creative type we need and you can see it in him.

Our best ever team had dembele, wanyama and Dier. 3 hunks of burning love, that is what we need.

Last fudging thing Barca needs is another player with a brick work ethic .. but whatever

I'd be tempted to recoup the money if we had a quality DM locked in

Re Leicester, it's interesting but they have sold the narrative that they don't spend, they do and have one of the worst wages to turnover rates in the league .. they are just another sugar daddy club

Last fudging thing Barca needs is another player with a brick work ethic .. but whatever

Re Leicester, it's interesting but they have sold the narrative that they don't spend, they do and have one of the worst wages to turnover rates in the league .. they are just another sugar daddy club

Not sure Barca have the money to spend. Agree about Leicester, but I do like their scouting. It is like the sensible approach to transfers.

They are a horrible club that rugby tackled their way to the league title.

They have indeed spent a lot of money. They have also recouped a fair amount with their Mahrez and Maguire sales though. One thing I would say is that many of the players that they have signed could now be sold for significantly more than they paid for them, so their investment has been pretty good overall.

Some slightly cheaper (<=£20 million) players that I think could be good for us (as I expect us to have a reduced budget this summer with no CL likely and also the reduced income from the last quarter of the season).

Centre Half
Robin Poch from Freiburg. Only 23, 6'4, physical, good in the air and also a good passer of the ball. Can also play as a holding midfield player. Only a year left on his contract and would be gettable for £20 million (cue a bid of £8 million from Levy and the player going to Dortmund for £20 million).

Left Back:
Jamal Lewis from Norwich. Just as good as Aarons IMO but hasn't had the same hype and might therefore be gettable for about £20 million when Norwich go down (probbly plus a bunch of realistic add-ons). Bonus that he is association trained as well.

Right Back:
Denzel Dumfries from PSV. Just because we need a player in the team called Denzel! PSV captain, 23, now in the full Netherlands team, a big powerful full back as Jose has seemed to like in his prior teams. Looking at the Bergwijn fee I think £20 million would get him.

Jayden Bogle from Derby. Only 19 and probably at the stage where Aarons was a year or two ago. Pace, skill, tenacity, good going forward, decent crosser, chips in with goals. Probably available for £12 million if we don't try to mess about with add ons and never-nevers.

Defensive midfield:
Pierre Emile Hobjberg from Southampton. PL proven, 24 years old, proper defensive midfield player. Only a year left on his contract this summer so probably gettable for £20 million I would guess.

Attacking midfield:
Willian from Chelsea. Would be a good bosman signing who could hit the ground running under Jose.

Striker:
Vedat Muriqi from Fenerbace. Kosovo international who did pretty well against England. Scoring 1 in 2 for last couple of years in top division in Turkey and in Internationals. 6'4", good in the air but also quite mobile and a good footballer. I reckon you'd get change from £20 million and he could be a bargain for that.

7 players who would improve our squad there who should all be available for decent fees.

Last edited:
Some slightly cheaper (<=£20 million) players that I think could be good for us (as I expect us to have a reduced budget this summer with no CL likely and also the reduced income from the last quarter of the season).

Centre Half
Robin Poch from Freiburg. Only 23, 6'4, physical, good in the air and also a good passer of the ball. Can also play as a holding midfield player. Only a year left on his contract and would be gettable for £20 million (cue a bid of £8 million from Levy and the player going to Dortmund for £20 million).

Left Back:
Jamal Lewis from Norwich. Just as good as Aarons IMO but hasn't had the same hype and might therefore be gettable for about £20 million when Norwich go down (probbly plus a bunch of realistic add-ons). Bonus that he is association trained as well.

Right Back:
Denzel Dumfries from PSV. Just because we need a player in the team called Denzel! PSV captain, 23, now in the full Netherlands team, a big powerful full back as Jose has seemed to like in his prior teams. Looking at the Bergwijn fee I think £20 million would get him.

Jayden Bogle from Derby. Only 19 and probably at the stage where Aarons was a year or two ago. Pace, skill, tenacity, good going forward, decent crosser, chips in with goals. Probably available for £12 million if we don't try to mess about with add ons and never-nevers.

Defensive midfield:
Pierre Emile Hobjberg from Southampton. PL proven, 24 years old, proper defensive midfield player. Only a year left on his contract this summer so probably gettable for £20 million I would guess.

Attacking midfield:
Willian from Chelsea. Would be a good bosman signing who could hit the ground running under Jose.

Striker:
Vedat Muriqi from Fenerbace. Kosovo international who did pretty well against England. Scoring 1 in 2 for last couple of years in top division in Turkey and in Internationals. 6'4", good in the air but also quite mobile and a good footballer. I reckon you'd get change from £20 million and he could be a bargain for that.

7 players who would improve our squad there who should all be available for decent fees.
Dumfries looked alright when we played them too
Not a fan of Holdberg. He is ok but not great form what I’ve seen. Maybe that’s him doing his job
Still think the two lads at Munchengaldbach are the ones to go for

Dumfries looked alright when we played them too
Not a fan of Holdberg. He is ok but not great form what I’ve seen. Maybe that’s him doing his job
Still think the two lads at Munchengaldbach are the ones to go for
I agree with your last sentence but I don’t think either fitted the £20 million or less category.

Hopefully he can turn into new Modric but Ndombele seems to react as poorly to the rough & tumble of EPL as Paulinho, so I suspect La Liga would be much more to his liking.

Somewhere @galeforce breathes a sigh of relief as we're still in with a chance of signing him :D

Philippe Coutinho agent speaks out as truth behind Tottenham transfer collapse emerges

Philippe Coutinho was linked with a move to Tottenham before heading to Bayern Munich last summer and agent Kia Joorabchian insists financial reasons did not cause the deal to collapse.

Financial reasons did not contribute to Philippe Coutinho's proposed move to Tottenham collapsing, his agent has confirmed.

Reports in Spain this week claimed Coutinho was left frustrated with Spurs chief Daniel Levy after a deal to take him to north London fell through last summer having already been agreed.

But the Mirror have reported those claims were wide of the mark - and Mauricio Pochettino, in fact, opted against pursuing a move for the former Liverpool playmaker.

They say Levy and Spurs were willing to push ahead with the deal as Barcelona looked to offload the Brazilian, only for Pochettino to decide against it as he had the final say.

Coutinho's agent Kia Joorabchian told Mirror Sport: "Philippe Coutinho has no personal issue with Daniel Levy and claims otherwise are totally false. The deal did not collapse due to financial reasons."

Centre Half

Left Back:

Right Back:

Defensive midfield:

Attacking midfield:

Striker:

Agree very much about Jamal Lewis. I've seen him play for Northern Ireland a few times. Definitely worth a punt for relatively low money. Plus I'd love us to have a Northern Irish player, we haven't had one in years.

Willian would make sense on the right wages, but I'd have to swallow pride on getting him after the last transfer shenanigans.

They have indeed spent a lot of money. They have also recouped a fair amount with their Mahrez and Maguire sales though. One thing I would say is that many of the players that they have signed could now be sold for significantly more than they paid for them, so their investment has been pretty good overall.

and Drinkwater and Kante

Back