• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

As great as Jan has been, I think it would be detrimental to keep him on. Dier is now a CB so, in addition to Toby and Sanchez, that gives us 3 of the 4 CBs you need and then we have Tanganga as 5th choice and versatile cover across the back. Priority needs to be getting a first choice, preferably left sided, CB to partner Dier.

Keeping JV in addition to that would leave us bloated at CB. If JV has the right personality and experience and desire to stay as a coach then great, but I'd imagine he'll move to Italy or Spain or somewhere for a couple years

I agree. I didn’t actually think he would leave them for us. We need to shop at the next level down.

We may as well go for Casimero at Real Madrid while we're at it! Also heard about this up and coming CM Artur for some Catalan club, we should buy him too etc etc repeat ad nauseam

My theory is the same will happen to kane because of the injuries and the over workload. Feel he has 2 more seasons in him.

Not happened to us to much but a few footballers have dropped off a cliff suddenly.

I'd firmly put Wanyama, Palacios, Sandro and BAE in that category, Dembele as well too :( All were producing high calibre performances to suddenly just lose it, for varying reasons, tragic or just unfortunate. Or just like all of our squad this season apart from the young bucks but I don't want to talk about it...

Alderweireld seems to have more in his legs but we'd have to pick the games he can play in. Getting outrun by Giroud the other week should be a major concern.

Just watched the goal back and wouldn’t say he was outrun by Giroud! Giroud just took him by surprise and had a head start.

I wonder if the lockdown is going to have an effect on how much clubs spend in the transfer market of clubs are not sure of their liabilities (refunds) and future incomes.

Would like to see the prem help out the lower leagues but doubt it will happen.
I definitely think it will have some effect at least.

So much uncertainty around and clubs have to prepare for lower incomes and additional costs. If the market slows down clubs won't get the incoming fees they perhaps were expecting, leading to a further slowing down of business.

Luckily for us we're in a fairly strong financial position and we don't have all the contract issues we had last summer. So whenever things are getting back to normal we should be fine. Will be worrying to see the impact on smaller clubs.

Just watched the goal back and wouldn’t say he was outrun by Giroud! Giroud just took him by surprise and had a head start.

My problem with Alderweireld for that goal was that after the initial shot by Giroud, Alderweireld didn’t stick with Giroud, but instead froze to the spot. That meant that Giroud was totally unopposed in the area when the ball fell to him.
Yes, it was fortunate that the ball fell to Giroud again but Alderweireld should have been sticking to Giroud rather than just acting as a statue in the box.

My theory is the same will happen to kane because of the injuries and the over workload. Feel he has 2 more seasons in him.

Not happened to us to much but a few footballers have dropped off a cliff suddenly.

Like you it seems that Kane may struggle later in his playing time, as i have said before he will be 27 this summer and it would not surprise me if he decided he has enough of not winning something and decide a move will be best for him.

That for me is the issue with Jan.
He has played a straight bat with us, always wanted to stay, even beyond his playing career, but we won't give him a suitable contract.
Whereas his mucker fudged us about, tarted himself out to all and sundry and couldn't get a taker and we give him an improved contract.
I'd be tinkled off about that too.
Jan is the better player to my mind to boot.

Back