• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Demarai Gray scored a lovely goal today. We've been linked, I think he looks decent although I want someone of first team quality in to reinforce what we have.

Whatever your personal thoughts... salah is an effective player. Should fit right into that system. I think he can cover mane if and when injured.

Makes them better.

Whatever your personal thoughts... salah is an effective player. Should fit right into that system. I think he can cover mane if and when injured.

Makes them better.

not sure about fitting into their system as he's a wide man. He's similar in style to GKN, just better. However GKN doesn't fit into our system given that we don't play with wingers and he won't fit into theirs

not sure about fitting into their system as he's a wide man. He's similar in style to GKN, just better. However GKN doesn't fit into our system given that we don't play with wingers and he won't fit into theirs

Sportmans bet he does and will score more goals away playing on the counter.

Mane is a wide man and he fit into their system just fine

Salah is a good signing but the transfer fee is huge

They have some serious speed up top now. Thankfully their brick defence will hold them back but I think they will perform well this coming season.

Salah is a good signing but the transfer fee is huge

They have some serious speed up top now. Thankfully their brick defence will hold them back but I think they will perform well this coming season.
In a world where Bolasie costs around £30M don't think the fee is huge. improves their squad but does not answer the two questions that most trouble them - Defense and breaking down teams who sit back (pace is no good).

Something we still lack. Our only real pace is provided by our WB/FBs and if Walker is off, it leaves us seriously understaffed in the pace department.

Klopp will be looking blitz sides like Dortmund used to.
His team is based on pace! He did us twice like a kipper, our heads were still on the bus!

They both normally play right attacking midfield?

Last edited:
For both Southampton and Liverpool ive seen Mane cause havoc from both wide positions

I think Klopp will have the front players fluidly exchanging positions so they can defintely incorporate Salah and Mane in the same side.

Last summer Tottenham called someone who works for Schalke and enquired politely about the availability of Max Meyer, and the German club informed them that it would take £39m to prise him out of their clammy grasp. This summer they tried again, and were apparently informed that the asking price had fallen to a giveaway £17.5m, a result of the 21-year-old’s refusal to sign a new contract to replace the one that expires next summer. This is music to Tottenham-shaped ears, and further buoyed by the belief that Liverpool’s capture of Mo Salah takes them out of the market, the Londoners are ready to make their move. Plus they want the Fiorentina midfielder Matias Vecino.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...nsfer-rumour-mill-tottenham-schalke-max-meyer

I wonder how many of the players we've been linked to this summer that we're actually interested in. I'd imagine maybe 2-3 of the ones mentioned. It seems everyone and their dog is on their way to us.

I wonder how many of the players we've been linked to this summer that we're actually interested in. I'd imagine maybe 2-3 of the ones mentioned. It seems everyone and their dog is on their way to us.

That is what happens when folks believe what they read in the gutter press or on one of the many blogs. Still amazes me that some grown men still believe everything they read.

That is what happens when folks believe what they read in the gutter press or on one of the many blogs. Still amazes me that some grown men still believe everything they read.

Do you think people believe it though? I'd say most football fans have probably gotten used to the circus by now and know what to expect.

Do you think people believe it though? I'd say most football fans have probably gotten used to the circus by now and know what to expect.

Not all of them believe it no of course not, but come kick of day when we do not have all the players we are linked to ( apparently) i know of many fans who start slagging Levy off because we do not have all these so called players in our line up.

" But, But,But they wanted to join us" i hear them cry.

Back