• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Redknapp's bloated ageing squad. It's self-imposed, so there's obviously some flex if Redknapp's whispering in Levy's air promising Parker/Gallas/Adebayor would deliver the title.
looks more like just a steady increase in turnover year on year has helped keep it down, as the wages hasn't really moved. Not to mention those periods would also have had the likes of Bale, Modric, Van der Vaart, King etc.. so not just a "bloated ageing squad".

Joris Gnagnon - CB at Rennes. Reports last night say that there are around 8 clubs fighting for his signature and we are one of them. He's only 20 and will cost around £11 million.

Am I just old fashioned, but what happened to linking income to success milestones? Surely this is called incentivisation and will help keep our key players on the journey with us?

Joris Gnagnon - CB at Rennes. Reports last night say that there are around 8 clubs fighting for his signature and we are one of them. He's only 20 and will cost around £11 million.
Does he/has he also played as a full back?.... If so then I would say that it is possible that we are interested, if not then I doubt we are. Poch's system kind of relies on our centre halves being comfortable out wide in a one on one situation. Dier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Wimmer all have this string to their bow. If Gnagnon is primarily left sided then even more truth to the rumours I'd say.

Allardyce going........Saha leaving?
images

Bit late to this discussion on how much we should pay our players. This club is in a great position to become a real top team over the next few years and one of the reasons that has happened because we/ Levy have been prudent and not paid players over the top compered to our financial status. Now IF we were to go mad just because we have Wembley and the bigger ground around the corner we could waste all that excellant work by Levy.

I agree with Milo we should be careful of getting ahead of ourselves we may be in a position now to increase wages ( and we have been doing that) but if we were to start throwing money around in wages we could fall into problems.

No lets go mental and end up like Leeds and Pompey.

Does he/has he also played as a full back?.... If so then I would say that it is possible that we are interested, if not then I doubt we are. Poch's system kind of relies on our centre halves being comfortable out wide in a one on one situation. Dier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Wimmer all have this string to their bow. If Gnagnon is primarily left sided then even more truth to the rumours I'd say.

I dont think he needs to have played at full back at all. He just needs to be mobile

Defoe returning to Bournemouth for 20 million

Bet he has a good season there next year. Couldn't stop scoring last time he was at the Cherries.

He's great. I think. Who is he?

The next Neymar according to Brazilians. Head and shoulders the best player at the U17 South American Championships which Brazil won.

Got a feeling he's already been playing for Flamengo who are one of the top domestic teams.

He was born in 2000 - makes me feel old.

Back