• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

We are not going to increase wages based on one season's income. If we did that and then failed to qualify for the Champions League for a few season, we would risk getting ourselves in trouble financially.

But the income is going to continue to increase from the new stadium which we move into immediately after the season at Wembley.

From next season onwards our turnover is set to grow. With the increase we can improve the contracts of some of our important players to keep them happy and motivated. Keep them at the club and we should continue to do well on the pitch

I don't think anyone is saying we should be reckless and spend beyond our means.[/QUOTE]

But the income is going to continue to increase from the new stadium which we move into immediately after the season at Wembley.

From next season onwards our turnover is set to grow. With the increase we can improve the contracts of some of our important players to keep them happy and motivated. Keep them at the club and we should continue to do well on the pitch

I don't think anyone is saying we should be reckless and spend beyond our means.

But we do not know what the loan repayments are on the build.

There seem to be a load of fans who think that we will be able to start matching the top teams for wages from next season. I really doubt that is the case and think that any increase in wages spend will be more gradual.

There seem to be a load of fans who think that we will be able to start matching the top teams for wages from next season. I really doubt that is the case and think that any increase in wages spend will be more gradual.

I haven't heard loads of fans say we will start matching the top teams for wages from next season. Mostly fans are simply saying we should be able to pay our top players a bit more in order to keep them at the club. No one has said Harry shpuld be on the same as Rooney at 250k a week, or Dele on 200k a week like Toure is.....

Yes the increase in wages will be gradual, but at least there will be the opportunity for increases because of the higher turnover starting next season, that's what most are saying.

The loan repayments? Surely they will be mostly covered by the stadium naming rights.

We have a new kit deal starting, a second consecutive season in the CL, the new tv deal money kicks in, more money coming in from overseas tv rights, we finished 2nd in the PL, we will most likely sell Walker for huge money, Wembley will increase our profit for next season, when we add all these together our turnover will be higher and we can comfortably afford to pay our top stars more than what they get now and still keep within the 52% wage to turnover ratio.

I dont think many people think that at all.....but being able to increase our level should be feasible and will be necessary in order to keep the squad together

I dont think many people think that at all.....but being able to increase our level should be feasible and will be necessary in order to keep the squad together

I've seen loads of people on here saying that we should be able to increase wages from next season.

The loan repayments? Surely they will be mostly covered by the stadium naming rights.

We have a new kit deal starting, a second consecutive season in the CL, the new tv deal money kicks in, more money coming in from overseas tv rights, we finished 2nd in the PL, we will most likely sell Walker for huge money, Wembley will increase our profit for next season, when we add all these together our turnover will be higher and we can comfortably afford to pay our top stars more than what they get now and still keep within the 52% wage to turnover ratio.

We just don't know. If we set a record for UK naming rights, it would still only cover half of the reported costs of the stadium. I think that it is reasonable to assume that some of the increased revenue will go on covering load repayments.

We will benefit from increased TV income but so will all of our competitors. We will also have the new shirt income but again, it will be worth less than our closest competitors.

I agree that over the next couple of seasons we should be able to increase wages and stay within our current model but that will not see us gain much ground on our immediate competitors.

We just don't know. If we set a record for UK naming rights, it would still only cover half of the reported costs of the stadium. I think that it is reasonable to assume that some of the increased revenue will go on covering load repayments.

We will benefit from increased TV income but so will all of our competitors. We will also have the new shirt income but again, it will be worth less than our closest competitors.

I agree that over the next couple of seasons we should be able to increase wages and stay within our current model but that will not see us gain much ground on our immediate competitors.

We will never be able to gain financial ground on City, Chelsea(financially doped by owners with almost limitless backing) and Utd who one of the most marketable sports franchises in the planet, so there is no point even trying. However we can catch and keep pace with Liverpool and Arsenal. The key is keeping this team together as much as possible. To do that I'm sure Levy will gradually increase wages in line with the coming increase in turnover. He is careful and rightly so, but he is smart too. We are so close to achieving something great and establishing ourselves amongst the top sides on a consistent basis. We must keep the momentum both on the pitch and off it.

We will never be able to gain financial ground on City, Chelsea(financially doped by owners with almost limitless backing) and Utd who one of the most marketable sports franchises in the planet, so there is no point even trying. However we can catch and keep pace with Liverpool and Arsenal. The key is keeping this team together as much as possible. To do that I'm sure Levy will gradually increase wages in line with the coming increase in turnover. He is careful and rightly so, but he is smart too. We are so close to achieving something great and establishing ourselves amongst the top sides on a consistent basis. We must keep the momentum both on the pitch and off it.

I think that we are saying the same thing. I agree that we can increase wages in line with increased turnover.

We are not going to increase wages based on one season's income. If we did that and then failed to qualify for the Champions League for a few season, we would risk getting ourselves in trouble financially.
Correct. The wages has to be based on calculated "fixed" income, such as gate receipts, sponsorship and commercial income. It's those that will need to increase to be able to afford higher wages. Income from CL can only be used for bonuses, and should not be an income on which we rely upon.

If Walker goes and we need a marauding right back, would you buy Michael Antonio for £19.123456789m? He scores a lot of goals and is built like a brick outhouse, but am not sure about his overall game/defending

I've seen loads of people on here saying that we should be able to increase wages from next season.

You said above 'matching the top teams' - that's what I was responding to as I don't think anyone sane has suggested that. Increasing wages should be possible though

If Walker goes and we need a marauding right back, would you buy Michael Antonio for £19.123456789m? He scores a lot of goals and is built like a brick outhouse, but am not sure about his overall game/defending
Would I add Antonio to our squad - in a heartbeat (although I'd prefer lanzini).
Would I as a wing back - hell no. He cannot defend at the back for brick (and would need to improve with his defense work up top too).
Also, he is 27

I'd be tempted to go for Bellerin

Yes. Isn't this how it works for Man Utd? They have a decent wages to turnover ratio, yet pay Rooney £300k per week. Obviously we aren't at Man Utd levels of income, but it's the same principle.
FWIW, Spurs and ManU were the only 2 clubs with a wages-to-turnover ratio below 50% last season...

C_SrLOSXkAAuXVt.jpg:small

Although ManU's revenue was more than Spurs plus Liverpool combined :eek: At least the new stadium should allow us to match the wages that the Goons and Dippers can offer potential signings.

C8twXSIW0AAL-Qx.jpg

Our salary cap has always been 55% of turnover. If we are currently down at 48%, we've got a bit of wiggle room (though I expect that figure doesn't incorporate all the new extensions)

Poch's 22 man squad (compared to Redknapp and AVB's c.35 man squads) helps a lot with being able to pay individuals more.

Our salary cap has always been 55% of turnover. If we are currently down at 48%, we've got a bit of wiggle room (though I expect that figure doesn't incorporate all the new extensions)

Poch's 22 man squad (compared to Redknapp and AVB's c.35 man squads) helps a lot with being able to pay individuals more.
FWIW, according to SwissRamble...

Wages to Turnover ratio (£millions)

2016: 48% (100/210)
2015: 51% (101/196)
2014: 56% (100/180)
2013: 65% (96/147)
2012: 63% (90/144)
2011: 56% (91/164)
2010: 56% (67/120)
2009: 54% (61/113)
2008: 46% (53/115)
2007: 42% (44/103)
2006: 55% (41/74)
2005: 47% (33/71)

FWIW, according to SwissRamble...

Wages to Turnover ratio (£millions)

2016: 48% (100/210)
2015: 51% (101/196)
2014: 56% (100/180)
2013: 65% (96/147)
2012: 63% (90/144)
2011: 56% (91/164)
2010: 56% (67/120)
2009: 54% (61/113)
2008: 46% (53/115)
2007: 42% (44/103)
2006: 55% (41/74)
2005: 47% (33/71)

Redknapp's bloated ageing squad. It's self-imposed, so there's obviously some flex if Redknapp's whispering in Levy's air promising Parker/Gallas/Adebayor would deliver the title.

Bit late to this discussion on how much we should pay our players. This club is in a great position to become a real top team over the next few years and one of the reasons that has happened because we/ Levy have been prudent and not paid players over the top compered to our financial status. Now IF we were to go mad just because we have Wembley and the bigger ground around the corner we could waste all that excellant work by Levy.

I agree with Milo we should be careful of getting ahead of ourselves we may be in a position now to increase wages ( and we have been doing that) but if we were to start throwing money around in wages we could fall into problems.

Back