• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

So if Llorente was 12m what does that make our net spend?

Walker
Wimmer = 68m

Sanchez, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Gazzaniga = about 80m?

So we broke even again?

I am guessing something like that, difficult to tell when fees are not paid all in one go and we do not know if players we sign will play 100 games for the club and cost us an extra 1m.

Madrid winning the european cup again this season would be another nice little earner for us with the Modric and Bale sales having bonuses linked to that.

I am guessing something like that, difficult to tell when fees are not paid all in one go and we do not know if players we sign will play 100 games for the club and cost us an extra 1m.

Madrid winning the european cup again this season would be another nice little earner for us with the Modric and Bale sales having bonuses linked to that.

Really - I didn't know that. What sort of bonus did Levy include?

Still annoys me that special relationship sh!t we got spun.

No weakness in the Spurs squad except inexperience and disgruntled Google using LBs.

Spurs team - 4-2-3-1 formation (1 GK, 2 FB, 2 CB, 2 CM, 3 AM, 1 ST)

GK - Lloris, Vorm, Gazzaniga

CB - Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth

FB - Rose, Trippier, Davies, Walker-Peters, Aurier

CM - Wanyama, Dembele, Dier, Winks

AM - Lamela, Sissoko, Son, Alli, Eriksen, N'Koudou

ST - Kane, Janssen, Llorente

Very good transfer window

Out - Njie, Wimmer, Fazio, Walker, McGee

In - Sanchez, Foyth, Aurier, Llorente, Gazzaniga

Central midfield looks light there to me - 4 players for two positions, one player potentially a starter at CB and another unable to play 90 minutes or two games a week.

Lamela (assuming we ever see him again) and Son are good options to cover Eriksen and Alli - but would have liked to upgrade Sissoko and Nkoudou, hopefully we see a bit of Edwards this season

Everywhere is looking reasonably strong now we have brought a few bodies in

Last edited:
Central midfield looks light there to me - 4 players for two positions, one player potentially a starter at CB and another unable to play 90 minutes or two games a week.

Lamela (assuming we ever see him again) and Son are good options to cover Eriksen and Alli - but would have liked to upgrade Sissoko and Nkoudou, hopefully we see a bit of Edwards this season

Very similar to my views. Some depth added which was the main aim of the window. Hopefully Barca will get the cover for Gomes which they were after and then we can get him on Jan 1st. We're going to be corssing our fingers about injuries in CM til then, however last season we were also vulnerable to injuries to Kane and TA as well, so at least we've removed two big threats to our season

It's interesting that a fair few of the clubs who usually can bully their way to get their targets have often failed this summer:

- Barca (Coutinho)
- Emirates Marketing Project (Sanchez)
- Chelski (Llorente, Lukaku, Aurier)

Walker might possibly represent the opposite..let's hope not:oops:

Central midfield looks light there to me - 4 players for two positions, one player potentially a starter at CB and another unable to play 90 minutes or two games a week

Not having seen him play I can't vouch for it but articles have said that Foyth can play in midfield, could be interesting considering his apparent ability with the ball.

It does seem a little light still, Dembele has been running on fumes towards the end of games already and that's when we've conceded important goals..

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Foyth stuck me as very Dier like in his description and the little Ive seen of him.

I did wonder if we bought him with half a mind he will be in midfield.

Though thats not to say he will make the team any time soon.

The squad to me looks build for a 3-5-2, in which case midfield is actually less of an issue thanks to numbers.

Alli has proven competent there, Eriksen can do a job - especially if afforded the support a 3-5-2 offers.

Not having seen him play I can't vouch for it but articles have said that Foyth can play in midfield, could be interesting considering his apparent ability with the ball.

It does seem a little light still, Dembele has been running on fumes towards the end of games already and that's when we've conceded important goals..

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can't really comment on Foyth personally as I haven't even read anything about him yet.

I wonder if our approach will be to take Dembele off for Sanchez and see games out with Wanyama and Dier in the center - ones we lead in anyway. Winks and Dier in the middle if the game is in the balance, maybe

Recall Alli, Sissoko and Eriksen can play in CM. Vertonghen/Toby can actually fill in at DM if needed.

Foyth stuck me as very Dier like in his description and the little Ive seen of him.

I did wonder if we bought him with half a mind he will be in midfield.

Though thats not to say he will make the team any time soon.

The squad to me looks build for a 3-5-2, in which case midfield is actually less of an issue thanks to numbers.

Alli has proven competent there, Eriksen can do a job - especially if afforded the support a 3-5-2 offers.

Foyth can play DM as well.

So we broke even again?

Difficult to say as the Sanchez fee will be broken up and paid over the course of the contract so who knows how much we shelled out initially? But it would appear a virtually neutral spend overall. £50m for walker, £18m for Wimmer, £16m for Bentaleb and £4m for Fazio is £88m with City likely to have paid out in full so I would imagine we actually a net gain overall this window by maybe £3-£4m. £38m for Sanchez (add ons not included), £12m Llorente, £23m Aurier, Foyth ? £9M? and Gazziniga? Negligible? £3m? That's around £85m so in credit by £3m on a rough look at what has happened.

Difficult to say as the Sanchez fee will be broken up and paid over the course of the contract so who knows how much we shelled out initially? But it would appear a virtually neutral spend overall. £50m for walker, £18m for Wimmer, £16m for Bentaleb and £4m for Fazio is £88m with City likely to have paid out in full so I would imagine we actually a net gain overall this window by maybe £3-£4m. £38m for Sanchez (add ons not included), £12m Llorente, £23m Aurier, Foyth ? £9M? and Gazziniga? Negligible? £3m? That's around £85m so in credit by £3m on a rough look at what has happened.

Easily 10 million in agent fees.

Back