• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

Tottenham are targeting Serbian midfielder Ljubomir Fejsa as their first signing of the summer, having failed with a bid for Sporting’s Adrien Silva.

The defensive midfielder is a perennial winner, having won the league in every season since 2008/09, picking up 10 league winners medals with Partizan Belgrade, Olympiacos, and Benfica.

Tottenham were initially after Sporting’s Silva, but they had an £18m bid knocked back, and have turned their attention to Fejsa instead, who would reportedly command a similar fee.

And Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino will hope the Serbian can continue that run in the Premier League, and end the club’s 57-year wait for a league title.

Fejsa, 28, made 32 appearances for the Portuguese champions, and is a key member of the squad. However, with just a year remaining on his contract, Spurs may be able to convince a reluctant Benfica to cash in on the man they bought for just £4million for in 2013.

The player can also count 11 domestic cups and a Europa League final among his successes. If he can maintain his incredible record of collecting silverware in north London, then he will undoubtedly establish himself as a firm favourite with Spurs fans.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-set-sights-on-benficas-18m-rated-lucky-charm

I saw this yesterday, when i read he was 28 i presumed it was garbage?

We would have a worse league finish yes... but would end up in exactly the same competition (the CL) and have got through our 'difficult' season away from home with our new much larger revenues about to materialise. If we arrived at the new stadium having finished 3rd or 4th this year then it wouldn't be a regression for our club at all.... We would be in a much better place than we are now so I would argue that 3rd or 4th would actually be progression.

we're not in isolation either, we can have a better team yet finish lower in the league if others perform to their spend

league finishing position isn't a definitive indicator of progress

DFuP0F9XcAAkk8k.jpg
This is where all the big money spend will become a curse to the club - it will heap pressure on the manager.

If conte is rattled now, I can't imagine him at the end of the next season when he is forced to rotate his overpaid superstars

Sent from my SM-G950F using Fapatalk

Spurs to profit from Gylfi Sigurdsson’s Everton move

The Times now announce that Tottenham inserted a sell-on clause when they did the deal with the Welsh club. Readers are told:

Tottenham Hotspur are set to receive £5 million if Gylfi Sigurdsson completes a £50 million transfer from Swansea City to Everton.

Sigurdsson joined Swansea for a nominal fee as part of the deal in which Ben Davies and Michel Vorm signed for Spurs three years ago, but his former club negotiated a 10 per cent sell-on clause for the Iceland midfielder.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/spurs-profit-gylfi-sigurdssons-everton-move/

Last edited:

The Times now announce that Tottenham inserted a sell-on clause when they did the deal with the Welsh club. Readers are told:

Tottenham Hotspur are set to receive £5 million if Gylfi Sigurdsson completes a £50 million transfer from Swansea City to Everton.

Sigurdsson joined Swansea for a nominal fee as part of the deal in which Ben Davies and Michel Vorm signed for Spurs three years ago, but his former club negotiated a 10 per cent sell-on clause for the Iceland midfielder.

Fifty??!!

Fifty??!!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/spurs-profit-gylfi-sigurdssons-everton-move/
This I believe

I think Dier will ask to leave if he doesn't get enough minutes in midfield
Why?.... I thought he always talked about his preferred position being centre half? Also he is a first choice player as a third centre half at Spurs but only a back-up to the excellent Wanyama as a midfielder.

And walker underpriced

Goal creators/scorers are generally always priced higher than defensive players.

I think Everton's money burning a hole in their pocket from Lukaku and especially Swansea's desperation to hang on to their best player are big factors. I get the impression that Pochettino wanted Walker sold this summer to use the funds to strengthen elsewhere.

Why?.... I thought he always talked about his preferred position being centre half? Also he is a first choice player as a third centre half at Spurs but only a back-up to the excellent Wanyama as a midfielder.

I think he prefers CM. He also starts there for England, which must be a consideration for him

I think the status quo (something like 30 games at CB, 15 at CM) is perfect.

This is where all the big money spend will become a curse to the club - it will heap pressure on the manager.

If conte is rattled now, I can't imagine him at the end of the next season when he is forced to rotate his overpaid superstars

I fancy Chelsea to unravel pretty quickly this season

Fifty??!!

Fifty??!!

You imagine what it must be like 'having' to buy in this silly market.
I would just watch and wait till the last days of the window.
Everton must be batbrickcrazy thinking £50m, as much as Gylfi is a good player....

You imagine what it must be like 'having' to buy in this silly market.
I would just watch and wait till the last days of the window.
Everton must be batbrickcrazy thinking £50m, as much as Gylfi is a good player....

He's 28 ffs, there is no upside to this transfer, its insane, he may be outstanding for a year or 2 but its only ever going to be about minimising the amount they lose when they sell him.

If his signing secured, guaranteed the likelihood of CL football to recoup some of the cash then fair enough but its very very slim chance of happening, its a barmy barmy fee for a better than average player.

I saw this yesterday, when i read he was 28 i presumed it was garbage?
we are being linked with a few 28 yr old midfielders - first i thought was garbage but as they keep coming wondering if Poch thinks we need a bit of experience to help bring through Josh and Winks

Back