• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

DFuP0F9XcAAkk8k.jpg

I dont know what he was asked so its a bit difficult to judge, but i cant see logically why he would come out with specific quotes about us unless he was a bit rattled.

I dont know what he was asked so its a bit difficult to judge, but i cant see logically why he would come out with specific quotes about us unless he was a bit rattled.

To be honest I like Conte, but working for these richer clubs is a nightmare. Yes very very well paid but the pressure must be horrible at times. Being around all things Chelsea must be drain on the soul.

I agree, our transfer system works, no need to change anything

I think we will be fine for top 4 and that we'll tear it up at Wembley
To what degree does it work? That would depend on the ambitions. If it is top 4, then it works, if it's winning stuff, it's failed (so far).

It was a reply to Levy's comment on the spending being unsustainable. Here's what Conte said:

On Wednesday, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy told a Nasdaq Q and A session that this summer's £850m spending spree by Premier League clubs was "unsustainable", but Conte insists the top clubs must spend big to stay competitive.

"If [Tottenham] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy," said Conte.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple.

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

We have a settled happy squad with a top top coach and not desperate to appease the fans with a ludicrous transfer ... that is priceless.

Who: Ali Z
When: 26 July
Where: Coys

We will bring in 3 maybe 4 before the end of the window.

Cheers Ali

Guy replied

"I do hope we can get some in. I am a little bit worried we won't be able to get anyone"

To which Ali said;

So am I but been told we just waiting for the madness to die down, as i been told replacement rb , a ch if wimmer goes, Barkley and 1 more attacking player prob right sided.

I miss ITK so here is some just for you guys, no need to thank me.

Who: Hertyid
When: 18th july
Where: COYS

I really don't think we are going to do much business this summer. It's very quiet.

And this absolute fudging GEM of the obvious.

True, but in terms of league places, we will have fallen back, is all. We went from 6th to 5th to 3rd to 2nd - now we'd go back to 3rd or 4th. Regression of league status, more or less.

Can't say we regressed in terms of cups or anything, because we're still endlessly barren on that front anyway. :p
We would have a worse league finish yes... but would end up in exactly the same competition (the CL) and have got through our 'difficult' season away from home with our new much larger revenues about to materialise. If we arrived at the new stadium having finished 3rd or 4th this year then it wouldn't be a regression for our club at all.... We would be in a much better place than we are now so I would argue that 3rd or 4th would actually be progression.

Hi guys! did someone heard rumor about Dier to be transferred to Man Untd? Mourinho is unusually proactive this year in terms of buying good players. I hope these are just wrong predictions and Dier will play for us cuz i like his performance so far.
No didn't hear that one?... Are they really interested in him? They have certainly kept it quiet... where did you hear that?!?

We would have a worse league finish yes... but would end up in exactly the same competition (the CL) and have got through our 'difficult' season away from home with our new much larger revenues about to materialise. If we arrived at the new stadium having finished 3rd or 4th this year then it wouldn't be a regression for our club at all.... We would be in a much better place than we are now so I would argue that 3rd or 4th would actually be progression.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, and IF we manage to add a actual trophy to it the season it would be great progress.

Tottenham are targeting Serbian midfielder Ljubomir Fejsa as their first signing of the summer, having failed with a bid for Sporting’s Adrien Silva.

The defensive midfielder is a perennial winner, having won the league in every season since 2008/09, picking up 10 league winners medals with Partizan Belgrade, Olympiacos, and Benfica.

Tottenham were initially after Sporting’s Silva, but they had an £18m bid knocked back, and have turned their attention to Fejsa instead, who would reportedly command a similar fee.

And Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino will hope the Serbian can continue that run in the Premier League, and end the club’s 57-year wait for a league title.

Fejsa, 28, made 32 appearances for the Portuguese champions, and is a key member of the squad. However, with just a year remaining on his contract, Spurs may be able to convince a reluctant Benfica to cash in on the man they bought for just £4million for in 2013.

The player can also count 11 domestic cups and a Europa League final among his successes. If he can maintain his incredible record of collecting silverware in north London, then he will undoubtedly establish himself as a firm favourite with Spurs fans.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/tottenham-set-sights-on-benficas-18m-rated-lucky-charm

Back