• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

Nothing we do in January will help us now anyway. Should be able to get one of the two firing by then.

Huh? There are absolutely no PL forwards or forward-minded midfielders that will be available at a reasonable price come January, but I think getting one of those types of players would definitely help if both Kane and Janssen are still struggling to fire. Ditto with getting a good player in with lots of energy stored away (perhaps as a consequence of not playing much) - the impact of those fresh legs will reallybe felt when the team and the league as a whole begins to rapidly tire come March/April/May.

Two years too soon, unfortunately. Were he a bit younger and in a similar situation come 2018, I could see us trying to make him our first marque signing post-stadium.

Huh? There are absolutely no PL forwards or forward-minded midfielders that will be available at a reasonable price come January, but I think getting one of those types of players would definitely help if both Kane and Janssen are still struggling to fire. Ditto with getting a good player in with lots of energy stored away (perhaps as a consequence of not playing much) - the impact of those fresh legs will reallybe felt when the team and the league as a whole begins to rapidly tire come March/April/May.

Signing someone in January won't give us an in form striker now. Can't see us signing an established one in January anyway unless one of Kane or Janssen has suffered a career ending injury.

Signing someone in January won't give us an in form striker now. Can't see us signing an established one in January anyway unless one of Kane or Janssen has suffered a career ending injury.

Personally I think as high a priority for our next signing is a natural stand-in for Dembele. I'm a big fan of Winks but think he could do with being eased in. I also don't rate Alli as a CM yet

We need a top, top deep lying playmaker and someone to give Eriksen a kick up the arse.

Isco? While great quality, you might ask, is he that different to what we have now? Isco would be perfect to slot into the team, and he'd be fresh as he's not getting games now.

We need a direct attacking player with real drive to galvanise our attack. Mane, Sanchez, Payet all the type we need. Isco might be the guy, I haven't watched him. We also miss a CM joining attacks and scoring. Dembele won a pen today to be fair and if fit and playing regularly he should get 5-10 goals a season.

Isco? While great quality, you might ask, is he that different to what we have now? Isco would be perfect to slot into the team, and he'd be fresh as he's not getting games now.

We need a direct attacking player with real drive to galvanise our attack. Mane, Sanchez, Payet all the type we need. Isco might be the guy, I haven't watched him. We also miss a CM joining attacks and scoring. Dembele won a pen today to be fair and if fit and playing regularly he should get 5-10 goals a season.

I thought Isco WAS playing now? And he doesn't have drive or pace or directness at all

I thought Isco WAS playing now? And he doesn't have drive or pace or directness at all

There you go. Isco might be good to rotate, but he's similar to what we have now from Eriksen and Lamela (from what I've seen on Youtube). How is he playing at the moment?

Let's face it, if it was on, he would directly challenge Eriksen.

Or Lamela. Lamela is probably the most similar in style. Tricky dribbler. Isco probably much better close control and dribbling. Highly unlikely we will sign him. And we have Sissoko :confused:

This is nothing more than a random thought as I was reading the above posts talking about strikers. Do you think Dzeko could still do a job in the PL?

Personally I think as high a priority for our next signing is a natural stand-in for Dembele. I'm a big fan of Winks but think he could do with being eased in. I also don't rate Alli as a CM yet
A natural equivalent, not necessarily stand-in but to rotate with for Dembele should be Bentaleb. That boat might have sailed.
I think we need a goal scoring winger or at least an up no coming wide man who can beat a player.
Leko from WBA might be worth a bid.
The Villareal striker, Bakumbu, I think might be in our range. Also, a try for Giovinco, to provide flair and goals even on loan is worth an attempt. Dubai might have a thought on this?

A natural equivalent, not necessarily stand-in but to rotate with for Dembele should be Bentaleb. That boat might have sailed.
I think we need a goal scoring winger or at least an up no coming wide man who can beat a player.
Leko from WBA might be worth a bid.
The Villareal striker, Bakumbu, I think might be in our range. Also, a try for Giovinco, to provide flair and goals even on loan is worth an attempt. Dubai might have a thought on this?

If we get Giovinco, I'd honestly be sad both ways. I'd be sad because I wouldn't be able to watch him live anymore; and believe me, it's been an absolute joy and honour to watch him play at Toronto, and I don't think I'll ever see another player in TFC colours who can dominate an entire league as effortlessly as Giovinco does - he's just scored another hat-trick to put the club into the Eastern Conference final.

But I have to put on my rational, Spurs-tinted glasses and say that I'd also be sad because he wouldn't really fit us, imo - he's too small and slight to pose a threat in the press, he doesn't do the defending necessary in our style of play very well anyway, he'd ask for big wages since he's 29 and will be 30 in January, and, while he dominates MLS defences with his pace and unbelievable ball skills, I think that's relative - the PL has much pacier defenders on average, and those defenders are much better prepared to deal with technically brilliant players, having faced the likes of Aguero, Ozil and co. over the years.

Giovinco's one of those where I feel, from an entirely partisan perspective, that he's fine where he is for now, and that his next move (because I don't think he'll stay in the MLS for the rest of his contract, even though he really likes it in Toronto) will be back to Serie A or a less physical European league where he can really shine. I don't feel like he can cut it for us in the PL - although, having said that, I was a bit skeptical of him when he first arrived at TFC as well, so you'd do well to take my word on that with a pinch of salt. :p

Im going to throw a name into the hat here as a possible signing for January (thought his manager probably wouldn't let it happen)

Memphis Depay.

We are crying out for some individual brilliance in a well drilled team. I think having him as an option when teams park the bus would be great. We have obviously tried for him under Poch previous so there must be something that is liked by THFC.

We need a player to turn draws into wins. Maybe now Kane is back, he is that man, but I would like something different for the 3 attacking midfielders and GKN is a young guy. At least Depay has some (if little) pedigree.

Im going to throw a name into the hat here as a possible signing for January (thought his manager probably wouldn't let it happen)

Memphis Depay.

We are crying out for some individual brilliance in a well drilled team. I think having him as an option when teams park the bus would be great. We have obviously tried for him under Poch previous so there must be something that is liked by THFC.

We need a player to turn draws into wins. Maybe now Kane is back, he is that man, but I would like something different for the 3 attacking midfielders and GKN is a young guy. At least Depay has some (if little) pedigree.

I like the idea and not without merit. I think GKN is still too recent for that to happen though.

Back