• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

In the cup games of course, hopefully there will be a few of them to come this season. At the moment the weakness of the squad is the final product when either Kane and Alli are absent or out of sorts. I'm sure it's a slight worry that we did have to bring on Alli last night, N'jie also making a very good impact it must be said. I don't think teams are as frightened by a Janssen or Son up front alone because it doesn't work as well as a unit, the threat isn't there.

I don't think that's enough to form a partnership. And if the cup games start becoming important (read: we progress far enough) we'll want to use our starters anyway.

Janssen is given those cup games to settle in and get going at the moment. Lots of patience people are having with him.

When Kane and Alli are out of sorts I would rather they got game time in the league to play their way back to form, or other areas of the team was looked at as the reason for them being out of sorts. Competition for places is a good thing, but having a somewhat known strongest 11 and players being given the chance to play their way back to form is also a good thing.

More attempts to unsettle.

When will they get that our players want to be where they are and we are not at the beck and call of the likes of Utd and City with our players being 'battled over as if we don't get a look-in. (It feels good to be able to say that with some confidence!)

I saw that, this morning. It's such blatant bullsheeeit, that the journo should be sacked for it. I think we should start to spread rumours that this journo is on performance management, and likely to get the sack. Hopefully that will get some momentum.

When will they get that our players want to be where they are and we are not at the beck and call of the likes of Utd and City with our players being 'battled over as if we don't get a look-in. (It feels good to be able to say that with some confidence!)

An alternative way of reading that is: "Despite Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project having a lot more money than Spurs they have clearly inferior full backs."

That is the only thing going on here. Well, that and journalists having a job.

This is the first time in the last 10-20 years that I dont think that sort of article will unsettle our players. We were better than both Man U and Man C last season and are certainly no worse than them this season. We're also a club which is going places and which has a positive vibe around it at the moment with the stadium, English core etc - I dont think this will unsettle them at all

Maybe we could help them out by offering them KWP and Walkes on loan? Conspire to try and block Arsenal out of the top 4

The price is not all that has changed. He's had 1.5-2 years of hid development limited at a crucial age and we've had another 1.5-2 years worth of information to make the decision if he will fit in at Spurs or not.

I don't know if it would be £3m wasted or not, I don't know enough about him or football to make those kinds of decisions. I'm saying that even though the price will be low the deal might not make any sense for us.

The £25-30m wage commitment will still be the same. Probably more actually, as free agents tend to demand big salaries than players in contract.

The £25-30m wage commitment will still be the same. Probably more actually, as free agents tend to demand big salaries than players in contract.
In fact that may hinder a deal, as you're suggesting 100-120 grand a week on a five year deal. One. That will be above and beyond most of the squad and . Two . Due to some of the alluded potential issues with SB I don't think levy would want to go there (ie high wage Ade mkll)

I small bump of a signing on fee plus a 60,000 a week 'well, dyou wanna get your career back on track?' Offer, is the route to take.

Which would have the affect of safely seeing him at Celtic or West Ham soon :)

Berahino would be in no position to be demanding wages like GB is suggesting - he's effectively had two years out of the game and any club signing him would be making a gamble because of that, which would be reflected in the contract he gets next

Berahino would be in no position to be demanding wages like GB is suggesting - he's effectively had two years out of the game and any club signing him would be making a gamble because of that, which would be reflected in the contract he gets next

I think there's a decent chance that a club like West Ham or a (newly promoted) Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be willing to offer Berahino close to 100k p/w if signed on a free.

Actually if he chose us over a club like that despite being offered half the wages it would be a decent reason to sign him.

Fabian Delph is apparently on £90k pw. He's a similarly limited bottom of the league player, who was useful to someone struggling with their homegrown quota.

I think there's a decent chance that a club like West Ham or a (newly promoted) Saudi Sportswashing Machine would be willing to offer Berahino close to 100k p/w if signed on a free.

Actually if he chose us over a club like that despite being offered half the wages it would be a decent reason to sign him.

I agree - a lower/mid table will convince themselves to gamble that the two-year break hasn't impacted his ability or motivation and therefore offer him £100k pw. I can't see that we will, without us linking pay-rises to appearances or goals scored etc. Therefore he won't end up at Spurs

I agree - a lower/mid table will convince themselves to gamble that the two-year break hasn't impacted his ability or motivation and therefore offer him £100k pw. I can't see that we will, without us linking pay-rises to appearances or goals scored etc. Therefore he won't end up at Spurs
I think we could offer comparative peanuts - 20K- 30K with an option (ramp up significantly with no buyout at the end of the year) or a low buyout clause, cant see him getting any bigger than us and if he wants to re-ignite his England chances we would be the obvious choice.

Lloris..........................................PSG
Walker.........................................Man Utd/City
Trippier........................................West Ham
Davies..........................................Chelsea
Rose............................................Man Utd/City
Vertoghen.....................................Barca or Home
Wimmer........................................Koln
Carroll.........................................Swansea
Lamela.........................................Roma
Alli..............................................RM/China
Kane............................................Man Utd

Going to be tough next season

Lloris..........................................PSG
Walker.........................................Man Utd/City
Trippier........................................West Ham
Davies..........................................Chelsea
Rose............................................Man Utd/City
Vertoghen.....................................Barca or Home
Wimmer........................................Koln
Carroll.........................................Swansea
Lamela.........................................Roma
Alli..............................................RM/China
Kane............................................Man Utd

Going to be tough next season

Don't worry, with the magic of Mr Levy we will be able to buy the whole Bayern Munich with those money.

Back