• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Bolleaux

He's been playing well from what I've seen this season however they'll want stupid money simply because he's English

Plus if we sign yet more players for those 3 positions behind the CF (in a 4-2-3-1) then they need to be someone with some real unpredictable creativity (a la Payet, Mahrez etc) which is what we lack, rather than adding yet more depth in those positions - we have 6 senior players for those positions after signing Sissoko and GKN

I think you're right. JJ was talking about wanting to sign someone of real quality in one of those 3 roles behind the striker but realistically that won't happen for us in January.

Sad to say but to me, if we do want to compete on all fronts then a new striker is needed, perhaps someone who could forge a partnership with Janssen to hopefully get the best out of him. Sometimes we don't seem to have the belief that a player can come in and hit the ground running, especially if they're not PL based. There's a chance we will not any moves but it may not help young Vincent if his form remains as it was and has been. I'm not necessarily asking for full throttle wheeling and dealing but there's got to be someone available that could help, maybe Ryan Nelson fancies a go up front.

In terms of the squad it doesn't need big money thrown at a Lallana or Zaha, with players like Lamela and N'jie currently not in the first team there's plenty of competition, and Wanyama has impressed giving the extra solidity in the middle needed to not have to field Carroll and Mason as a CM partnership away when things get tough. I would say that this is for me,this is the most defensive depth I've seen in a spurs squad in my time, in terms of there being confidence in all of the players to step up when needed, it frankly is a bizarre feeling...I'm not writing Janssen off but it's the area we need to look at to maintain the high standards we set.

I'd get Berahino in now, give him the second half of the season to get back to fitness with a view to having Janssen and he as our backups to Kane next season - that'd give us good contrasting options for the forward positions and in games like last night the option to play a striker off of Janssen which I feel would get the best out him.

I don't feel there's any real risk with this signing unless we have a prospect knocking on the first team door in attack (which I don't believe is the case) potentially we'd be getting a 20m+ signing for a pittance

Exactly. The only issue is if Berahino arrives and lacks in application or attitude. And even that's really not an issue as Poch wastes no time in entertaining these types.
The upside is Poch can turn players around and Berahino has shown he has talent, so could become a valuable player for little outlay.

I think you're right. JJ was talking about wanting to sign someone of real quality in one of those 3 roles behind the striker but realistically that won't happen for us in January.

Sad to say but to me, if we do want to compete on all fronts then a new striker is needed, perhaps someone who could forge a partnership with Janssen to hopefully get the best out of him. Sometimes we don't seem to have the belief that a player can come in and hit the ground running, especially if they're not PL based. There's a chance we will not any moves but it may not help young Vincent if his form remains as it was and has been. I'm not necessarily asking for full throttle wheeling and dealing but there's got to be someone available that could help, maybe Ryan Nelson fancies a go up front.

In terms of the squad it doesn't need big money thrown at a Lallana or Zaha, with players like Lamela and N'jie currently not in the first team there's plenty of competition, and Wanyama has impressed giving the extra solidity in the middle needed to not have to field Carroll and Mason as a CM partnership away when things get tough. I would say that this is for me,this is the most defensive depth I've seen in a spurs squad in my time, in terms of there being confidence in all of the players to step up when needed, it frankly is a bizarre feeling...I'm not writing Janssen off but it's the area we need to look at to maintain the high standards we set.

How and when will a new striker have the chance to form a partnership with Janssen?

Exactly. The only issue is if Berahino arrives and lacks in application or attitude. And even that's really not an issue as Poch wastes no time in entertaining these types.
The upside is Poch can turn players around and Berahino has shown he has talent, so could become a valuable player for little outlay.

A lot of players have talent.

We showed an interest in Berahino at one point. A lot has happened since then and the club could very easily have learned more about him that indicates he's not longer someone we want to bring in.

How and when will a new striker have the chance to form a partnership with Janssen?

A lot of players have talent.

We showed an interest in Berahino at one point. A lot has happened since then and the club could very easily have learned more about him that indicates he's not longer someone we want to bring in.

Basically i think what most are saying is a £20M punt is now potentially a £3M punt. You'er saying (i think) that that is still £3M wasted, he could have application issues and Poch could spend his time developing someone else. Fair points but the last two may have existed at £20M

the thing that has changed is the price.

West Brom chairman probably too proud to sell him cheap to us now anyway. Both player and club will probably jump on an opportunity to join another club in this window though.

West Brom chairman probably too proud to sell him cheap to us now anyway. Both player and club will probably jump on an opportunity to join another club in this window though.

He can already sign for free for a foreign club - hence the strong Glasgow Rangers rumours.

I should think the player is keen to see out his contract, wait a little longer and sign on a free. Two-fingers to the chairman who held up his career and a hefty millionaire wage...

Last edited:
He can already sign for free for a foreign club - hence the strong Glasgow Rangers rumours.

He'll prob wait until The end of the summer to make a decision. Clubs will put him on their shortlist as a back up to other targets and he can wait and see who comes in.
Players never seem to make these pre agreements on a free, why would you when you can wait it out and see what offers comes up.

*waits for examples of a dozen players to sign pre agreements lol

I would have him tbh, either now or in the summer. I think his general progression has been stunted badly at WBA over the past 2 years. I think Pochettino would be one of the best coaches he could work with and he would give us a very pacy option as an alternative to Janssen when not playing Kane or using him as the wide forward.

In the cup games of course, hopefully there will be a few of them to come this season. At the moment the weakness of the squad is the final product when either Kane and Alli are absent or out of sorts. I'm sure it's a slight worry that we did have to bring on Alli last night, N'jie also making a very good impact it must be said. I don't think teams are as frightened by a Janssen or Son up front alone because it doesn't work as well as a unit, the threat isn't there.

He'll prob wait until The end of the summer to make a decision. Clubs will put him on their shortlist as a back up to other targets and he can wait and see who comes in.
Players never seem to make these pre agreements on a free, why would you when you can wait it out and see what offers comes up.

*waits for examples of a dozen players to sign pre agreements lol

Not many English players do. Something about having to move abroad.

If you are going to make something up, why not, at least TRY to make it credible. £30M each? Lex John Stones, anyone?

Basically i think what most are saying is a £20M punt is now potentially a £3M punt. You'er saying (i think) that that is still £3M wasted, he could have application issues and Poch could spend his time developing someone else. Fair points but the last two may have existed at £20M

the thing that has changed is the price.

The price is not all that has changed. He's had 1.5-2 years of hid development limited at a crucial age and we've had another 1.5-2 years worth of information to make the decision if he will fit in at Spurs or not.

I don't know if it would be £3m wasted or not, I don't know enough about him or football to make those kinds of decisions. I'm saying that even though the price will be low the deal might not make any sense for us.

The price is not all that has changed. He's had 1.5-2 years of hid development limited at a crucial age and we've had another 1.5-2 years worth of information to make the decision if he will fit in at Spurs or not.

I don't know if it would be £3m wasted or not, I don't know enough about him or football to make those kinds of decisions. I'm saying that even though the price will be low the deal might not make any sense for us.

True, but it's not an insurmountable obstacle by any means - he's still only 23 going on 24, and eagerness to make up for lost time can be a powerful motivator. Depends on how cheap he is, really.

True, but it's not an insurmountable obstacle by any means - he's still only 23 going on 24, and eagerness to make up for lost time can be a powerful motivator. Depends on how cheap he is, really.

In part. It mostly depends on how good he is, how talented he is, how motivated he is, how smart he is... All of the factors relevant to how likely he is to be a success. That's the important bit. The actual transfer fee is irrelevant if he's not actually good enough. Something I struggle to see how people can claim to know at this point.

Back