• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Predictions

I wouldn't think it's as simple as saying 'how much do you want'? '
Why would the seller tell you?
You make a bid they publicly reject it in the hope it starts a bidding war.

Maybe not, but I don’t see why Levy can’t call up a chairman of another club, tell him he wants player X, that chairman then says no to a bid. Levy then offers new terms, they talk about how much etc and work it out between them and either Levy walks away and there is no deal, or a deal is agreed at the time. Seems like a lot of Spanish clubs want the release fee for players to be met by the buying club. So Levy would have some level of starting point when trading for some players.

of course they do. It's business and I believe most of it is business confidential stuff, and fans don't get to see most of the details. What's available to fans through the media and leaks... Well it's just that and should be taken with a large dose of salt. Even if true, it still might omit some pertinent information that every good business would like to keep away from the eyes of the public

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's a bit less opaque than that. Back in February or March, an email to Emiliano Sala from Willie McKay (the f*cking bastard of an agent who had tapped him up) was released, for reasons that are unclear to me.

Apart from being shockingly amateur (football agents write like 5th-grade kids, apparently), it detailed how McKay had rung up Sala's club (Nantes) and had offered to hawk Sala around to interested clubs to see what the price for him might be. Nantes apparently agreed, because they were curious about what his actual value on the market was, having received no offers for him up until then. And McKay had duly done the rounds at the lower mid-table clubs (Cardiff, Spam et al) and returned to Nantes with a credible offer from Cardiff (didn't say how much).

I suspect that route is one a lot of clubs use - the agent is an intermediary who finds out how much buying clubs are willing to pay for a certain player, and then returns to the selling club with that information.

So, a bit less of a shot in the dark, I would think.

It's a bit less opaque than that. Back in February or March, an email to Emiliano Sala from Willie McKay (the f*cking bastard of an agent who had tapped him up) was released, for reasons that are unclear to me.

Apart from being shockingly amateur (football agents write like 5th-grade kids, apparently), it detailed how McKay had rung up Sala's club (Nantes) and had offered to hawk Sala around to interested clubs to see what the price for him might be. Nantes apparently agreed, because they were curious about what his actual value on the market was, having received no offers for him up until then. And McKay had duly done the rounds at the lower mid-table clubs (Cardiff, Spam et al) and returned to Nantes with a credible offer from Cardiff (didn't say how much).

I suspect that route is one a lot of clubs use - the agent is an intermediary who finds out how much buying clubs are willing to pay for a certain player, and then returns to the selling club with that information.

So, a bit less of a shot in the dark, I would think.

If that's real, and seeing the source is the mirror its dubious, it proves my point, it's a complicated process.
It's not like walking into a shop with marked prices, it's more an ebay auction where you don't know what the reserve price is.

Maybe not, but I don’t see why Levy can’t call up a chairman of another club, tell him he wants player X, that chairman then says no to a bid. Levy then offers new terms, they talk about how much etc and work it out between them and either Levy walks away and there is no deal, or a deal is agreed at the time. Seems like a lot of Spanish clubs want the release fee for players to be met by the buying club. So Levy would have some level of starting point when trading for some players.

Negotiating the sale/purchase of a multi-million dollar asset is not going to happen in one negotiating session. There are too many variables to take into account, too many different ways a deal could be structured. Plus it would be naive in the extreme to play all your cards one after the other in that way. A shrewd counterparty will just sit there and wait until you top out - and probably still then go away and try to play you off against another club anyway.
And I’m not sure that release clauses in Spanish player contracts are necessarily intended to be a starting point, especially if it’s a player who wants to leave and a club that wants/needs to sell. At the very least it’s right to put that to the test.

And I’d love to see the reaction if Levy walked away from a deal to buy one of Poch’s top targets after one phone call!

I get that it can be frustrating, but Levy is not suddenly going to stop being a tough negotiator. We will have a budget - of which Poch will presumably be fully aware and which is by all accounts larger than we’ve had for a long while, but a budget nonetheless - that we need to keep to. Pay over the odds for Lo Celso and that leaves less for NDombele.

I honestly believe Levy will do all he can to back Poch this window. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up being disappointed and having to eat my words. I doubt it, but either way I don’t think it’s time to panic just yet.

In an ideal world i would like to see

OUT

Tripps
Llorente
Janssen
Nkoudou
KWP - loan
Onomah
CCV
Wanyama
Aurier

In
Ndombele
Celso
Wan-Bissaka
Aarons
Che Adams

This is of course if Eriksen and Toby do not leave and sign a new contract.

If Eriksen does go i would prefer Isco but he is unrealistic in my opinion and it will end up being Maddison or someone like that.

If Toby leaves i think we get a young CB in to understudy Jan and Sanchez along with Foyth.

Which scenario would you guys prefer?

A) Levy pays over the odds to get 3 players in quick, ready for pre-season, paying a £40m package for each

B) Levy haggles for many weeks and manages to get 4 players in on deadline day, paying a £30m package each, but 3 of them were not our main targets

A) Levy pays over the odds to get 3 players in quick, ready for pre-season, paying a £40m package for each

B) Levy haggles for many weeks and manages to get 4 players in on deadline day, paying a £30m package each, but 3 of them were not our main targets
I'd prefer the scenario that doesn't mortgage our future, or ties our hands in future transfer windows. And Levy is the only one that knows which one that is.

I'd prefer the scenario that doesn't mortgage our future, or ties our hands in future transfer windows. And Levy is the only one that knows which one that is.

I don't know how to use the like button, i am amazed that there are still some fans who believe ALL the brick from the wanabee ITK's, t w att er feeds, newspaper gonad*s and then when all these fairy tales do not happen start slagging Levy off.

I’d go for option A and go for Poch’s first choice players provided they are affordable and doesn’t put us in financial trouble, only Levy knows that. Get them integrated quickly so we can hopefully get off to a good start.

Somewhere in between for me.

Don't want us paying over the odds, however our transfer team defines that. I want Levy to negotiate the best deal. I want us to try to get our primary targets accepting that it takes time and backup targets might thus come in later in the window, or if our primary targets want to wait for other options it might also mean delays.

Isn't the real question would your rather

A) Levy buys Poch's 2nd or 3rd choice in each position who are willing to sign now

B) Levy waits for other clubs to move onto other targets allowing us to get Poch's first choice

Like Eriksen situation we are still players 2nd choice, thats the reality, its not a bad thing they used to not consider us, but we are shopping at the top table where City, Real, Barca are the places players want to hold out for

Can I have 2 from the top and 1 from the bottom please Rachel

Isn't the real question would your rather

A) Levy buys Poch's 2nd or 3rd choice in each position who are willing to sign now

B) Levy waits for other clubs to move onto other targets allowing us to get Poch's first choice

Like Eriksen situation we are still players 2nd choice, thats the reality, its not a bad thing they used to not consider us, but we are shopping at the top table where City, Real, Barca are the places players want to hold out for
Yes, we are shopping at the top table, but how many teams can really outspend us at this point? Real, Barca, City, Manure, Chelski, Lollerpool, Juve, maybe Bayern. You can cross out Chelski and Manure aren't as attractive an option now as they used to be. Real have already blown their load. So it's really between us, City, Barca and Lollerpool. And we are assuming everyone is interested in the exact same players. You figure it out...

Yes, we are shopping at the top table, but how many teams can really outspend us at this point? Real, Barca, City, Manure, Chelski, Lollerpool, Juve, maybe Bayern. You can cross out Chelski and Manure aren't as attractive an option now as they used to be. Real have already blown their load. So it's really between us, City, Barca and Lollerpool. And we are assuming everyone is interested in the exact same players. You figure it out...

Same Level
Utd - Still the biggest club in the world
Chelsea - Won multiple competitions, finished above us last year
PSG - Will pay your more, will give you a certain lifestyle and guarantee you trophies
Athletico Madrid - Us but over a longer period
Poss Dortmund - Us but 2 years ago, but with a recent history longer than ours

Steps Up (Those who could also turn our players heads)
Barcelona
Real Madrid - Still in the market and looking at Pogba, so still money there
Juve
Bayern
City
Liverpool

So Eriksen may fancy one of the steps up, But we are competing against at least 10 clubs for the top players - funnily enough we are the 10th richest in the world

Will we sign some experienced players? With the likes of Clarke, Ndombele, Asensio and Ceballos being linked (18-23) who is going to provide the experience?

I really feel that we need a couple of players who have 'been there and done it' to help nurture our younger crop. Help us get through the high pressure occasions and rotate in when needed.

On that note, who could we sign that's available and fits the description? Bale is an obvious one, but that seems unlikely. Modric would be incredible as an option and a teacher, but he's also unrealistic.

Are there any solid, experienced full backs we could go after? CM is probably the area I see this approach working best mind you, just can't think of the player who fits the bill.

I dont mind a lack of experience, I think sometimes there is something great about youthful naivete.

I also think in Alli, Kane, Son, Vertonghen... We have real experience anyway. Have a think about what these guys have been through in their careers.

Titles, Title chases, World Cup semis, Asian cup winners (under enormous pressure), Cup Semis and Finals, CL final...

I think getting a group that jives well, finds form and rides that wave is key. Buying experience less so.

Will we sign some experienced players? With the likes of Clarke, Ndombele, Asensio and Ceballos being linked (18-23) who is going to provide the experience?

I really feel that we need a couple of players who have 'been there and done it' to help nurture our younger crop. Help us get through the high pressure occasions and rotate in when needed.

On that note, who could we sign that's available and fits the description? Bale is an obvious one, but that seems unlikely. Modric would be incredible as an option and a teacher, but he's also unrealistic.

Are there any solid, experienced full backs we could go after? CM is probably the area I see this approach working best mind you, just can't think of the player who fits the bill.
We made the CL final. I think we have plenty "been there, done that" in the team. What we need more than anything is to plug holes in midfield and right back. Lollerpool didn't have any "been there" players, yet still managed to get enough points to win the league in any other year and win the CL. So I think we'll be fine with Ndombele, Clarke, et al.

Ndombele
Clark
Sessegnon brothers (both)

I think anything else will rely on outgoings as Ndombele will necessitate a wage bump all round.

Ndombele gives Poch what he wanted last summer — another way to play!

Back