1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Toxicity

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by nayenezgani, 8 Oct 2019.

1. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

Oooh, look how powerful i am. So strong i can "sew seeds of angst, division and agitation".

I guess anyone who has ever said anything negative but posts every 30 mins or so is also doing the same thing? You seem to lambast anyone who doesn't say at every moment that everything is awesome. Seems that to you unless a poster says "Everything is awesome" in every post, they are sowing seeds of angst and agitators trying to cause a 'revolution'.

Hilarious. As i say. Grow a pair and stop acting like FORUM POLICE

2. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Paul Stalteri

I don't think there's any toxicity, there is a healthy debate that due to a lack of certainty over what is happening and why is boiling over into frustration.

Mikey10, DeanoAustin, Huddy and 4 others like this.
  3. glorygloryeze

Shh, you're sowing seeds of angst, division and agitation!

4. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Justin Edinburgh

Re-read what I say, you are wrong. All I've ever hoped for is balance, consistency and rationality. Do you know what those words mean?

You immediately post with such vigour and venom. Protesting because you know that what I identify you as is totally accurate, it's also symptomatic of what's going on amongst our fan base at the moment.

Look over what you're posting right now and tell me the words you would use to describe the general tone?

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Possibly...
    I don’t think anyone is genuinely trying to drag things down
    The issues people have are actually consistent but people articulate these things in different ways

I’ve been at WHL and heard fans blame players who weren’t playing .... David Bentley was a classic and Winks currently
    I’ve been at WHL and heard fans singing the name of ex players/injured players/retired players.

We have fans who actually possibly care too much which may be why

glorygloryeze and glasgowspur like this.
  6. glorygloryeze

I think it's YOU that needs to read the posts in general here, not just mine. Almost all posts are balanced and have rationality and consistency. There is NO toxicity on the board, only in your head.

Your post encourages such vigour and venom because of the baseless accusations, which go back months in fact over a year whenever anyone wants to debate issues with the club. You simply can't handle anybody posting something that might suggest all isn't well or some things might not be quite going according to plan, hence you accuse moderate posters who try to debate as "spreading angst". And you wonder why i call you FORUM POLICE?

Look at my posts in the MoPo thread. I have worries on our situation (who doesn't?) but you'll see a lot of balance and back-and-forth debate. Of course to you that is "spreading angst". So i just end up laughing at how you have then created this thread.

As i said, Grow. A . Pair

7. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Teemu Tainio

Yeah I don't really see any toxicity around Poch on here. There's a debate to be had and I can't think of any posts I've seen that haven't had that debate respectfully. If that debate isn't had on here, the site becomes an echo chamber/cheerleader site.

Personally, I'm in the "Poch Out" camp with some caveats but there is definitely an argument for him staying.

Mikey10 and galeforce like this.
  8. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Michael Carrick

Done wonders for the Sissoko thread......Well and truly usurped that tittle tattle.

9. Raziel

Raziel Nick Barmby

Mate, football is most (mine at least) people's passion, their release, their safe place to be tribal, their place to focus on something that isn't the misery of the world in general.

In that model, fair, balanced and rational doesn't really fit .. hence why most of us actually think the conversations have been mostly polite debate ..

afsoc4life and DeanoAustin like this.
  10. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

I am not sure about the use of the word Toxic but i understand where you are coming from. What gets me is that most fans here and other places have said that over the last few years with Poch we have overachieved ( up against the likes of the money doped clubs etc) and i can agree with them on that, however at the first sign of us slipping back a bit start talking about changing managers ( he has taken us as far as he can, lost he plot, not up to it etc,etc).

That is what i struggle with on one hand we have overachieved on the other hand the manager has lost the plot. Who said ( some)football fans are not fickle.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2019
    glasgowspur likes this.
  11. Yermiyahu

Yermiyahu Sebastien Bassong

I've just avoided commenting by and large. I share everyone's disappointment and yet after 47 years of following the Spurs I can't help feeling like we have been here before. Personally I would like to see Poch given the season and see where it takes us, although he does look exhausted to me and even somewhat depressed. Let's hope that we can get back to winning ways very soon.

Aldo, thfcsteff, wiziwig and 4 others like this.
  12. wiziwig

wiziwig Pascal Chimbonda

MKSpur, harr1984 and Yermiyahu like this.
  13. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Barry Daines Staff Member

I think the gist of this thread is to express disappointment that there are so many questioning the manager.

I understand that point and tend to agree he deserves out loyalty.

I personally think the discussions have overall been respectful, maybe a little heated at times, but nothing like the Redknapp/AVB days.

We did some pruning back then, and I think overall it has remained free of that level of BS.

I do think it is incumbent on everyone to reign themselves in. I count myself. Sometimes I go off on one, but always try to circle back, take some responsibility and apologise for any ill-will caused or perceived. I also hope that when I have failed, and been called out on it, I have been quick to hold my hand up when necessary. If not, always LMK.

We all want the same thing at the end of the day, which is to enjoy Tottenham Hotspur and win.

SubZero and Mikey10 like this.
  14. MKSpur

MKSpur Young-Pyo Lee

I thought this thread was a rebrand for Emirates Marketing Project

15. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Chris Jones

Keep Poch
    Or
    Keep the players

I know what I would do

16. Legohamster

Legohamster Terry Venables

Can’t it be both?

Whilst he has done well with the budget he has been given, he didn’t inherit a terrible sqaud (the core of players was already at the club) - which he added to and motivated beyond belief.

We are now in a league where Chelsea/Arsenal/United are nowhere near as good as they have been and we have a squad that really shouldn’t struggle to get into the top 4 - miles of a title challenge.

The squad we now have is a top 4 squad and not to get CL football would be an underachievement.

Is it all the managers fault? No

Has he got to take some of the blame? Yes.

I’ve said before - the Mopo from 3/4 years ago shouldn’t be replaced at any cost, this isn’t that manager - maybe he’s just shattered?

17. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Ruel Fox

Came in here hoping to find some System of a Down nostalgia, left knowing that Naynezgani and Glorygeeze maybe aren't the best of friends...

Bullet, mephitis, Seedy Ron and 3 others like this.
  18. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Vedran Corluka

They're overcompensating.

MKSpur likes this.
  19. parklane1

parklane1 Barry Daines

You make some good points, but we are 8 games into the season ( 3, yes 3 points off the top four) and yet i see/hear some fans chomping at the bit to replace him. Far too early ( imo) and some fans need to get a grip if that is what they think should happen.

20. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Steffen Iversen

Me too, but that never happens as the players are worth more.
    Word from the training ground is Kane is causing problems. So who do you back?