• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Liverpool: Fan's Point of View

Koma

Ben Alnwick
Hello Spurs Fans!

My name is Koma. I am a writer for the website: FOAR : Field Of Anfield Road (www.foarsite.com)
Obviously I am a Liverpool Supporter but I hope to engage with you people here to provide your perspective on our mutually upcoming game at Wembley.
I have prepared some questions which I have listed below.

Would be grateful for your replies to these so that our readers can have more balanced view of the game.

Thanking you in advance!

Q: Finally a Wembley win for Spurs last weekend against Bournemouth. How would you rate that performance though?

Q: Spurs Wembley hoodoo has been very well documented. What is your opinion on why the side has had a relatively ‘low quality’ performances?

Q: Liverpool and Spurs have a similar style of play. Will the Wembley factor damage the way Liverpool play as well?

Q: How has Pochetinno changed his tactics when playing at home and what can Liverpool expect on Sunday?

Q: Are Spurs fans worried about Harry Kane’s Wembley performances. Cause as per stats, he has been getting more chances at home but not able to convert them.

Q: Talking about another Harry, Winks has been tagged as “Little Iniesta”. What is it about him that Liverpool should be worried about?

Q: I have heard a lot of Spurs fan calling Liverpool as their Bogie team as Tottenham has not won against Liverpool in the last 9 PL attempts. If you were Pochetino, what would you do differently?

Q: Predicted Line ups and formation?

Q: Score Predictions?

Q: Season’s Expectations for Spurs?

Hello Spurs Fans!

My name is Koma. I am a writer for the website: FOAR : Field Of Anfield Road (www.foarsite.com)
Obviously I am a Liverpool Supporter but I hope to engage with you people here to provide your perspective on our mutually upcoming game at Wembley.

Would be grateful for your replies to these so that our readers can have more balanced view of the game.

Thanking you in advance!

Q: Finally a Wembley win for Spurs last weekend against Bournemouth. How would you rate that performance though?

Q: Spurs Wembley hoodoo has been very well documented. What is your opinion on why the side has had a relatively ‘low quality’ performances?

Q: Liverpool and Spurs have a similar style of play. Will the Wembley factor damage the way Liverpool play as well?

Q: How has Pochetinno changed his tactics when playing at home and what can Liverpool expect on Sunday?

Q: Are Spurs fans worried about Harry Kane’s Wembley performances. Cause as per stats, he has been getting more chances at home but not able to convert them.

Q: Talking about another Harry, Winks has been tagged as “Little Iniesta”. What is it about him that Liverpool should be worried about?

Q: I have heard a lot of Spurs fan calling Liverpool as their Bogie team as Tottenham has not won against Liverpool in the last 9 PL attempts. If you were Pochetino, what would you do differently?

Jurgen, is that you?

Unspectacular, but job done.

Some of the performances have been pretty good. For 80 minutes against Burnley, we played well and should have been out of sight. Good performance against Dortmund, a little unlucky against Swansea. Chelsea were a bit fortunate to win too imo.

I think our style will change for the game against you, we'll play more like we did against Dortmund and Madrid imo.

He hasn't changed, apart from Dortmund and Madrid where we played on the counter-attack. I think you'll see the same on Sunday.

Only the woodwork has prevented him scoring, no worries at all about Harry at any ground, including Wembley.

If he starts (not a given) then his main threat against Liverpool will be his ability to move the ball quickly. See his part in the goal v Madrid.

Play like we did v Dortmund and Madrid; sit deeper, counter-attack, expose Liverpool's weakness rather than play to their strengths.

-----------------lloris
---------toby----sanchez----vert
aurier--sissoko---dier---eriksen--davies
-------------------dele
------------------kane

3-0 (kane x2, dele x1).

Compete for the league title.

Hello Spurs Fans!

Thanking you in advance!

WUM

I have also prepared some questions which I have listed below.

Q: Do you lot still stalk Klopp when he goes to a restaurant?
Q: Have you come to terms with the fact we usually finish above you in the league these days?
Q: Does it worry you that you've been going steadily downhill since Benitez left?
Q: How long before Mane follows Coutinho out of Anfield?
Q: Do you think Klopp has been found out tactically, like he was at Dortmund?
Q: Dele Alli is one of your own, does it hurt that he'd still rather play for Spurs who pay lower wages?

Thanking you in advance!

Professional, job done, much the better side, move on to Madrid away next game.

The standard of opposite we played at Wembley up until this season was always top drawer, so stands to reason the results wouldn't be as good. Once it becomes "a thing" it's difficult to bury it, but hopefully it's over now.

Don't think so.

Not much change really, it's more the opposition that sits back against us at home that is the change.

No worries, he's still playing well.

Quick passing, you may well not even notice him, similarly to how Modric was always underrated by opposite fans for a long time because he didn't assist or score goals.

Hit more on the break, but to be honest our current 3 at the back system and personnel hasn't come up against you yet so that is change in itself.

Lloris, Davies, verts, Sanchez, Toby, Trippier, winks, Dier, Alli, eriksen, Kane

1-1

QF CL, top 3 in PL, hopefully an FA cup win.

I have also prepared some questions which I have listed below.

Q: Do you lot still stalk Klopp when he goes to a restaurant?
Q: Have you come to terms with the fact we usually finish above you in the league these days?
Q: Does it worry you that you've been going steadily downhill since Benitez left?
Q: How long before Mane follows Coutinho out of Anfield?
Q: Do you think Klopp has been found out tactically, like he was at Dortmund?
Q: Dele Alli is one of your own, does it hurt that he'd still rather play for Spurs who pay lower wages?

Thanking you in advance!
How many Phil Collins songs must a DJ refuse before it's acceptable to punch him?
That accent. It's made up just to make others uncomfortable, isn't it?
Just how racist can a player be before he loses the support of your fans?
On a scale of 1 - Gerrard, how ironic would it be for a player to be caught on camera before a match shouting "This does not fudging slip" into a huddle and soon afterwards slip over, allowing the opposition to score, losing said player's team the title?
Assuming that we agree the premise that it's never your fault, whose fault is it?

Reasonable.... We had many more chances that the opposition and should've won by more goals.

We have been the better team in every game that we have played at Wembley this season, just haven't necessarily got the results that our play has deserved.

I disagree that it is a similar style of play. You tend to play it long up to your forwards, looking to get the ball over the top for your pacy players to run onto. We don't have the pacey players up front and tend to have a slower build up to our play. We both play a pressing game, although I think yours is more manic and constant, whereas ours is more targeted to certain players or situations.

He hasn't changed the tactics at all really. Every team we have played at home (bar Dortmund, but including Chelsea) have played very defensive, getting a lot of players behind the ball). I am hoping that Poch changes his tactics against you though and looks for Spurs to sit deep and play on the break as we did against Real Madrid on Tuesday. That tactic will counter your ball over the top and negate the way that you get a lot of your chances and also allows you to be exposed on the break as you typically over commit forward.

No. He is the best centre forward in the league. I expect him to start scoring there soon, probably as early as this Sunday.

I'm not sure that he is the player that you should be most worried about. He may not even be playing (depending on recoveries from injury)

Not sure that many of those matches are relevant to be honest - just as how 7 wins for spurs, 1 draw and 2 defeats in the 10 games prior to those 9 isn't at all relevant either. Most of the last 9 games were played out under different managers. I think the Pochettino vs Klopp matches have resulted in 3 draws and one 2-1 win for Liverpool. As I said before, if I were Pochettino I would sit back to negate your pace over the top and then play on the break to expose the way that you over commit forward.

-----------------------------------Lloris
--------Alderweireld---------Sanchez----------Vertonghen
Aurier----------------Sissoko---------------Dier----------------Davies
----------------Eriksen-------------------------------Ali
-----------------------------------Kane

Bench:
Vorm
Trippier
Rose
Dembele
Winks
Son
Llorente

2-0 Spurs

PL. 3rd Place, Champions League last 16, FA Cup winners.

Hello Spurs Fans!

Thanking you in advance!

Welcome to Glory-Glory Koma, answers below:

Q: Finally a Wembley win for Spurs last weekend against Bournemouth. How would you rate that performance though? It wasn't our best by any means, but was important to get the win. Solid job done and meant we could kick on into the CL week. Most other results went our way as well which was a bonus.

Q: Spurs Wembley hoodoo has been very well documented. What is your opinion on why the side has had a relatively ‘low quality’ performances? I wouldn't say we had 'low quality' performances so much, but teams like Swansea and Burnley were very effective in letting us dominate possession and keeping solid at the back. We were the better side against Chelsea.

Q: Liverpool and Spurs have a similar style of play. Will the Wembley factor damage the way Liverpool play as well? I don't think so, you will play your normal game.

Q: How has Pochetinno changed his tactics when playing at home and what can Liverpool expect on Sunday? I would expect he will change tack from our normal pressing game and set-up much like we did against Dortmund.

Q: Are Spurs fans worried about Harry Kane’s Wembley performances. Cause as per stats, he has been getting more chances at home but not able to convert them. Not in the slightest. The goals will come more regularly for him at Wembley I'm sure.

Q: Talking about another Harry, Winks has been tagged as “Little Iniesta”. What is it about him that Liverpool should be worried about? As Gazza Dazzla mentioned, it's the stuff he does that goes unnoticed that Liverpool should be wary of. Retaining possession, playing quick forward passes to set up an attack, interceptions etc. Exactly what Modric does so so well (although appreciate Winks has a huge task to get to Modric's level).

Q: I have heard a lot of Spurs fan calling Liverpool as their Bogie team as Tottenham has not won against Liverpool in the last 9 PL attempts. If you were Pochetino, what would you do differently? As mentioned previously, we need to set ourselves up to allow you to have the ball and hit on the counter, much like we did against Dortmund. We aren't able to go toe-to-toe with teams who set-up like Liverpool. I think Poch has learned from previous games and will set us up accordingly (I hope!)

Lloris, Trippier Toby A, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, one of Winks/Sissoko, Eriksen, Alli, Kane

Q: Score Predictions? 1-1

Q: Season’s Expectations for Spurs? I'd expect us to be competing for Top 4 (ideally staying in the title-race past Christmas), getting out of our group in the CL but losing to a decent team in the next round and a strong showing in both cups (perhaps winning the League Cup).

Overall we do not consider Liverpool to be our bogie team. Your win percentage against us over the last decade (all comps) is 45%, ours is 33%, so a difference of just 12%. Hardly bogie-team territory I'm sure you'll agree.

Hello Spurs Fans!

My name is Koma.I am a writer for the website: FOAR : Field Of Anfield Road (www.foarsite.com)

Thanking you in advance!

Well below par, but job done.

What documentation? There is no hoodoo. Hoodoos don't exist. What is Livepoos away record?

I don't think we have a remotely similar style. Klopp does not know about defending, but still plays counter attacking football. Bigger pitch means more space, and pressing is harder.

What change?

Absolutely not. He's got 15 goals in his last 11 games. The only ones who should worry is the opponent.

You seem pretty obsessed with wanting to worry.

Beat you.

3-1

Top 4 and CL quarter final. A cup win would be nice.

Overall we do not consider Liverpool to be our bogie team. Your win percentage against us over the last decade (all comps) is 45%, ours is 33%, so a difference of just 12%. Hardly bogie-team territory I'm sure you'll agree.

Was surprised about the bogie team comment as well. I don't think its really possible for any top 6 team to be considered a bogie team - even our famous run at Chelsea is difficult to label that (apart from the bit when we used to lose to them when they were crap)

I gave up reading there '( question 2), there are enough foolish Spurs fans who think Wembley is a hoodoo for us without reading even more rubbish from other teams fans.

What does "Field of Anfield Road" mean? Is there a field in Anfield?

Nah but there are holes where houses used to be

It's a weird part of Liverpool where the terraces have be even getting demolished

And the club of course screwed over the locals by buying up individual plots and knocking them down too

Nah but there are holes where houses used to be

It's a weird part of Liverpool where the terraces have be even getting demolished

And the club of course screwed over the locals by buying up individual plots and knocking them down too
I know.
Maybe it is a play on words like A Field. An Field. It's a bit like calling a Spurs website Ocean of the High Road

needed to conserve a bit of energy for CL games, so good win...but still waiting for alli to turn up with magic

never believed in it, while you say its well documented, you can get the same results with a simple coin toss. its a matter of time before results reflect reality

nope. got nothing to do with the stadium. fans play a part but surely its all down to the players and manager's instructions

Much of the same - slow build up, good link up play. same as liverpool i guess as you mentioned

depends how you look at the stats - there's an even bigger likelihood that he will score at wembley now

nothing at the moment, decent tidy player, still young and learning. he will circulate the ball well and keep possession for spurs, but he won't be offering much in attack at the moment, not like iniesta in his attacking best

keep playing the same football, have faith that players convert the chance

Lloris, Davies, verts, Sanchez, Toby, Trippier, Son, Dier, Alli, eriksen, Kane. 70 mins serge and sissoko, 80 min llorente

spurs 3-1 liverpool

CL and FA Cup last 8, PL Top 4

Similar? You do realize we actually know how to defend.

Back