• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Videos Thread

I'm just watching this 5-1 demolition of Cheatski. Sheringham Poyet Anderton and yes, that man Sherwood are really bossing it, silky stuff.

Remember it was 2002? At the start of the second half the commentator says something like "Manager Glenn Hoddle represents an era that is a hazy memory to too many of their supporters, Spurs haven't finished in the top six since 1990 and have only played 4 European games in the last 10 years. It's a lost decade really". Just think about how far we've come.

Little video about football in the 60s - the bulk of which is Spurs and White Hart Lane, excellent video quality

Thanks, that was absolutely brilliant. 70k at the Lane. Most in shirt and tie and flat cap. The fan bicycles hadn't been stolen during the game. Mackay in his jim jams having his knee seen to. The old telephone. The typewriter (was he going to fax it?). Doing the garden in shirt, tie and cardigan. Absolute classic. The tunnel position. Marvellous Brian, jumpers for goalposts.

Little video about football in the 60s - the bulk of which is Spurs and White Hart Lane, excellent video quality
Two things. Losing in the last minute to that city side is unacceptable. Bill Nick out. ;)
And there's a bloke combing his eyebrows at about 4.40 in.

I think Sherwood telling it exactly how we all felt but found it hard to admit was the best thing that's happened to us. We gave kids who cared a go, employed a demanding, no nonsense manager and we now go to Stamford Bridge and kick the sh*t out of them. Glorious.

I'm just watching this 5-1 demolition of Cheatski. Sheringham Poyet Anderton and yes, that man Sherwood are really bossing it, silky stuff.

Remember it was 2002? At the start of the second half the commentator says something like "Manager Glenn Hoddle represents an era that is a hazy memory to too many of their supporters, Spurs haven't finished in the top six since 1990 and have only played 4 European games in the last 10 years. It's a lost decade really". Just think about how far we've come.

I was at this game; it was a time when we felt as if we'd never beat Chelsea again; yet Terry made a howler in the second minute and the rest is history. I notice that his video ends immediately after the 4th goal; I'd love to think that a Chelsea fan had recorded the game on ITV and watched it not knowing the score and gave up when Davies scores the 4th with 15 minutes left!

One of the great nights in a generation; everything clicked for us and unusually against Chelsea we certainly had the rub of the green. Watch the sending off - should have been Melchiot instead of Hasselbaink but Taricco acts like such a taco to try and wind everyone up!

There was a video from VdV, Bale, Modric days to the soundtrack of "The Dark Days are Over" by Florence. Can't find it now but that was one of my favourites.

There was a video from VdV, Bale, Modric days to the soundtrack of "The Dark Days are Over" by Florence. Can't find it now but that was one of my favourites.
My two favourite youtube edits, both by TOB, preferably watched in order (second one is the one you're after):

Google 'THFC - Giant's Awakening 09/10' and look for it on vk.com

Last edited:
https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/668y78/just_reuploaded_giants_awakening_the_dog_days_are/

My favorite Spurs video's back on the web. @LemonadeMoney 's link's expired, because it was taken down. But the folks at r/coys have found it again, and thank GHod for that - because it was simply too perfect to be allowed to disappear into the mists.

What a season. What a time. What a moment in the history of our club - the one that marked the start of our erratic, temparamental, quintessentially Tottenham-esque rise into the prominent position we now occupy, sat amongst the 'elites' of a Premier League inconceivably different now to what it was then.

The dog days are over. The dog days are done. Can you hear the horses....

...because here they come.

bestwin-17.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Looking back, a fairly rag tag bunch who were punching well above their weight.

Dawson and Defoe, club legends.

Modric and Bale blooming.

Palacios holding things together.

Crouch knocking diagonal balls down.

Kranjcar and Charlie providing the sex appeal.

Bassong suspended.

Redknapp pulling the strings.

It really was a great ride to be apart of.

Back