• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v AFC Bournemouth *****

It is great to get the winning feeling again ! After being winless in 4 matches, this was a much-needed win. And to win 5-1 make it all the more sweet. Ofcourse, we rode our luck as 4 of the goals were gifts by Bournemouth and they also had a shot cleared off the line and hit the post. But still it was great to end our winless run with a big win. Frankly, even when we went 1-0 down, felt very confident we would win. This season, we tend to do much better coming from behind but struggle when we score first instead ! But when we led 3-1, we almost let Bournemouth come back into the match but fortunately for us the goal post came to our rescue yet again.

Despite this erection inducing win, the team should not get carried away like they did after the win over ManCity. Hope this win will motivate the team to do well in the coming matches. Credit to Kane, Dembele and Lamela for the goals, especially to Kane for getting the hattrick. Frankly, I was beginning to doubt if Kane can score again. But getting the hattrick was a sweet way for him to end his goal drought. Ofcourse, we were helped by Bournemouth, especially their goalie, being shyte. Apart from our 4th goal, all the rest were absolute gifts from Bournemouth.

For the first goal, it was a stupid way for the goalie to concede the penalty as Kane was too far away from the goal. Credit to Kane for scoring the penalty despite being under real pressure. For the second goal, it was comical the way the ball bounced off 2 Bournemouth players to free up Dembele who finished it well. It was a well-taken goal by Dembele despite rarely scoring goals for us. Our third goal was another blunder by the goalie which Lamela did well to score from. The goalie made the similiar blunder for our 5th goal which Kane tapped it in. Only our 4th goal by Kane was well created as it was a good cross by Eriksen which was scored by Kane brilliantly.

Thought Bournemouth will give us a hard match but instead they went down too tamely due to their many blunders. Our midfield didn't even have to work hard. But was very disappointed with the defence for conceding the goal so early. I think Lloris has to take the blame for being beaten at his near post like that. But the Bournemouth player should not had a free shot at goal in the first place. Our defence also went to sleep at the later stages of the first half as Bournemouth had 2 or 3 chances to score. Credit to Alderweireld for saving the goal-bound shot on line.

It is good to see we are now unbeaten in 9 matches in the league. Just wish we had won more matches instead of drawing 5 of them. It is also great to get big wins even if the opponents were shyte. This is especially sweet after the disappointing defeat to Anderlect in the EL. Just hope we will be boosted by this win to go on a good run in the coming matches.

Need someone to step up for the next one now. No Sherwood, no gilets, practically risk free.

Let's hope that someone steps forward early this week and gives us an OMT offering that will please the Gods. They were right to smite us given the poor efforts before this one.

Great OMT (thanks @Pirate55:)) ; Great win

Yes, Bournemouth were not the best opposition, and Boruc didn't help them.

BUT...whilst not wanting to blow our trumpet too much over this win, i think we have to give our plan and method some credit here: only ONE goal was TOTALLY gifted to us and that was Lamela's to make it 3-1.

The first, ok you could say Boruc was a bit rash with how he collided with Kane but wasn't Eriksen's throughball excellent, plus Kane's run?
The second, a couple of ricochets in our favour BUT it was from us attacking them and putting them under pressure that led to that moment; no sideways-to-sideways passing non-stop would have led to that and it was a Pochettino attacking philosophy that led to that imo.
The fourth: GREAT build-up and ball from Eriksen. That was NOT a gift at all!
The fifth: i think most goalkeepers would not have held that strong header from Toby and so it was Kane's attacking awareness to be in the right spot that led to that goal as well as OUR attacking play.

So i think most of the goals were to do with OUR good attacking play; remember also that it was US who went behind after 49 seconds, the fastest PL goal conceded this season. Our heads could easily have dropped after that (we've seen it all before haven't we?)

I'd be happy if the media narrative keeps gonad*ing Boruc instead of giving us too much praise though...the longer away from the limelight the better i say.

Onwards and upwards - COYS!

I agree glory, except about Lamellas, not sure if boruc had the sun in his eyes or the player in front affected him or the ball, but I don't think that one was as bad as Toby's header. He did have a load of mistakes and usually you get punished for one, he got punished for 4. I seen boruc since he was at Celtic and he was always dodgy, so maybe Harry and lamella have been taking a chance that to day was going to be a bad day for him. We deserve more credit than we will get because of his blunders, but that's good to my mind, keeps us under the radar a bit.

I keep hearing some fans say " it was only Bournemouth" as if they were a Sunday Lge side, it does not matter who they are they still have to be beat and we did that and did it well ( I have been a fan long enough to have seen us beaten by sides who fans have said ( it was only --------). Their keeper made a few mistakes ( keepers do and Lloris was at fault along with Rose for their goal) but he also made a couple of good saves.

We have played better this season but have not got the goals to win some of those games, thankfully Kane was better and deserved what luck he may have got.

Last edited:
as has been said, Boruc has always had a clanger in him, I wonder if this was highlighted in the coaching last week and thats why we had johnny on the spot each time

I keep hearing some fans say " it was only Bournemouth" as if they were a Sunday Lge side, it does not matter who they are they still have to be beat and we did that and did it well ( I have been a fan long enough to have seen us beaten by sides who fans have said ( it was only --------). Their keeper made a few mistakes ( keepers do and Lloris was at fault along with Rose for their goal) but he also made a couple of good saves.

We have played better this season but have not got the goals to win some of those games, thankfully Kane was better and deserved what luck he may have got.
Spot on. Before Sunday they had only conceded 4 goals at home!

To be fair you could have been a fan for 1 or 2 years and that would still be the case!

Back