• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Barnsley OMT ***

Where did you hear about Edwards? What is the reason? I'd be gutted if he doesn't feature. I'd start him personally, see what he's got in the eriksen role( slightly different players I know).

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...marcus-edwards-is-not-ready-for-a3637501.html

It might be worth remembering that he said the KWP wasn't ready and wouldn't feature against Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then selected him. He said afterwards that he did it to reduce pressure on the player.

I remember us being in a relegation scrap and going 1 down at oak well and genuinely thinking we're going down, but we won that game in the end, Klinsmen came back, 6-2 at wimbledon etc was that really 20 years ago.
anyway need a wembley win to shut some people up even if it is against lower league opposition.

Obviously a game that means nothing to many judging by the "sides" proposed, like every club we play Barnsley must be respected and will be set up to nick the game, how people think we can throw 11 players, some with little experience together and win is truly jaw dropping.

Obviously a game that means nothing to many judging by the "sides" proposed, like every club we play Barnsley must be respected and will be set up to nick the game, how people think we can throw 11 players, some with little experience together and win is truly jaw dropping.

Who said anything about winning? ;)

I obviously don't want us to lose tomorrow, but we have one game that matters this week and that is West Ham (yuck).

Would much prefer Aurier for West Ham, so I'd go with Trippier again for this one.

--------------vorm
-----foyth---sanchez---vert
trippier----winks---sissoko----kwp
----------son----edwards*
--------------llorente

would be my team.

*If no Edwards, then GKN.

My dripping tap (boldly hinted at earlier) has 3 games tomorrow and 5 on Wednesday.

Quite often the non-PL games turn up later - I will monitor tomorrow.

Confused as to why Poch thought Edwards was "physically ready" last season, but not this season for a third-round tie against a lower league team but ughhhhh. Still hope we'll see some young players like KWP or possibly TOB.

----------Vorm---------
Aurier---Foyth--Vert----KWP
-----Winks----Dembele--
GKN-----Son----Alli
--------Llorente--------

Think it'll be something like that. Huge game for GKN to impress.

Poch talked about 'condition' for Edwards, for me, meaning fitness. Rather than not having the physicality for first team football.

Ah, Barnsley. Not a fixture we've played too often but one where Ginola has scored some right pearlers.
We all remember the mazy run for the game at Barnsley on the way to the 99 FA Cup semi-final, but does anyone remember the FA Cup 4th round replay in the previous season under Christian Gross?
We lost that replay 3-1. IIRC Stephen Clemence got sent off for a second yellow (for diving, i think) and we lost in typical late 90s shambolic fashion. The main bright spot was an amazing goal scored by Ginola from a direct free-kick into the top left corner, and IIRC he shot it with his left foot!

If anyone can find footage of that game (and THAT goal) then please PLEASE post here. Cheers!

We dare not lose this cup tie, especially after MoPo's coments on "big teams chase big trophies."
We underestimate Barnsley at our peril. I hope we start a string side, hopefully get a couple of goals up and only then make changes.

I'm going for 2-0, Llorente and Son with the goals.

COYS

Ah, Barnsley. Not a fixture we've played too often but one where Ginola has scored some right pearlers.
We all remember the mazy run for the game at Barnsley on the way to the 99 FA Cup semi-final, but does anyone remember the FA Cup 4th round replay in the previous season under Christian Gross?
We lost that replay 3-1. IIRC Stephen Clemence got sent off for a second yellow (for diving, i think) and we lost in typical late 90s shambolic fashion. The main bright spot was an amazing goal scored by Ginola from a direct free-kick into the top left corner, and IIRC he shot it with his left foot!

If anyone can find footage of that game (and THAT goal) then please PLEASE post here. Cheers!

Back