• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich *** OMT

Which Bentaleb pass do we want to remember, the one that led to an unfortunate goal against Man U or the one that led to a glorious winner against Arsenal?
That's the problem with supporters, always focusing on the negative.

Nailed on victory my hat....

still if you are correct I shall beg forgiveness Nayen!!!

This is going to be a horrid experience at the deathstar..... I am sure the decent Wenger side will show up....not the Sheff wed or Bayern away side!

I'm just heading out to my regular (old duffers) 5 a side Sunday league game. We rarely win but every time we do, Spurs seem to drop points in their Sunday game. I wil therefore be doing my best Harry Kane impression in goal and will be channelling the work ethic of Ade when I'm outfield. It's in the bag lads :cool:

I think there is a decent chance we can woof today....stopping Sanchez is key....need an A game from Dier today!

I think that Lamela could be key today. Arsenal could not handle Bayern's high press midweek, they've got a lot of key players out and I think that we need to be on them and try and force mistakes. I'd have Dembele on the left for the same reason and really get on top of Debuchy.

Will be very interesting to see how we approach this at the start.

Didn't watch them against Bayern, but heard they struggled with the pressing. At the same time Arsenal have been good against good teams this season when they could sit deeper and counter attack. Part of me really want us to go out and press the living daylight our of them, don't give them any time on the ball. But at the same time sitting back a bit and look to hit them on the break seems like a solid plan too.

Debuchy playing makes me want for Son to start a bit more... Thought earlier that he'd be best used as a sub, but I really think he could get a lot of joy down that side.

I think this will be the first real test for the team this season. Arsenal have won the last 5 league matches and are on a great form. We have such a poor record at Arsenal that this is going to be tough match for us. But we did draw 1-1 there last season. So, we can use that result to motivate ourselves. Besides, we need to get revenge for the defeat at home to Arsenal in the League Cup earlier in the season. We are unbeaten in 10 league matches now. A win will be great but a draw will be a good result for us. Just hope all our young players do not get panicked playing in front of a hostile Arsenal crowd.

Kane has done well to score 4 goals in his last 2 league matches. But can't see him getting many chances in this match. After the way he destroyed Arsenal at home last season, can see Arsenal marking him tightly in this match. We have to look elsewhere for the goals in this match. This is where the likes of Eriksen, Son and Lamela will be crucial for us to get something from this match. Both Eriksen and Lamela can open up the Arsenal defence with their creativity. Hope Son will be able to make use of the chances that come his way. We also need to try to win freekicks for Eriksen to aim at goal from.

I am convinced this match will be won or lost in midfield. Arsenal have a quality midfield which can hurt us if we let them dominate. Dier and Alli have done well together so far this season. But their lack of experience will be a problem against Arsenal. So, I will prefer if we start Dembele and Dier in this match. In fact, won't mind if we start Dembele and Mason together as well. Dembele has done well to score 3 goals in his last 3 matches. Let's hope he can find 1 more goal in this match. I think Alli can come come later in the game to help us if needed.We have to be more ruthless and error-free in midfield to stop the Arsenal attacks.

Our defence are going to be really tested in this match. A bit worried about the defence as we have not kept a clean sheet for so long. Arsenal have a very dangerous attack which can punish us if given chance. Hope we will concentrate on safety-first football and avoid any silly mistakes. There is no need for the defence to get ambitious in big matches like this. They need to concentrate fully in defending rather than help out it attacks. Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will have to be at their best to stop Arsenal.

A win against Arsenal at their place will be sweet, just like the 3-2 win in 2010. But with our poor record there, a draw will be a great result for us.

Obviously hoping for a win but something I telling me it'll be 2-2, which actually I would take. Preserves the unbeaten run and shows more consistency against the [current] top 4

Step up Onomah, he will come on in the 80th minute and score a late equaliser to make it 2-2.

Will be very interesting to see how we approach this at the start.

Didn't watch them against Bayern, but heard they struggled with the pressing. At the same time Arsenal have been good against good teams this season when they could sit deeper and counter attack. Part of me really want us to go out and press the living daylight our of them, don't give them any time on the ball. But at the same time sitting back a bit and look to hit them on the break seems like a solid plan too.

Debuchy playing makes me want for Son to start a bit more... Thought earlier that he'd be best used as a sub, but I really think he could get a lot of joy down that side.
Bayern starved them of possession and they we're awful at winning it back in that game. Looked clueless really but I'm sure we'll see a different Arsenal today.

I think with so many of their speedsters missing through injury their counter attack won't be the threat it normally is. I'd like to see us press them high.

Everybody dance now!

Feeling nervous already. It is amazing how the feeling of expectations always stop us enjoying the game. We have been unbeaten in 10 matches that it will be really unacceptable and annoying when we actually lose a game. Just hope we won't let Arsenal spoil our mood. As said, a draw will be a great result for us.

Is Sanchez playing down the Arsenal left? At least we have some good pace there with Walker.

Yeah...we will need to stop supply into him...Dier needs to try and deal with Cazorla getting between the lines of defence and midfield.

I think this will be the first real test for the team this season.

I contend that Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Anderlecht have been very real tests for us this season already. Some of our other games haven't been against untaxing opposition either

I hate this day. Can't stop thinking about the game. Giroud, Sanchez and Ozil will be the three with Cazorla that can cause us bother. Focus is the key it's usually our own mistakes which cost us in this fixture. Mistakes are becoming far fewer under Pochettino.
Just keep our focus and this should be a game that the lads should really enjoy. Against a good side and one to prove how good they can be. I almost think it can be good to forget the pressure that it's a derby if it can help to ease nerves and allow us to focus throughout the 90

Can't figure out whether we should play Alli or Mason. Gut tells me Mason has to play.

[QUOTE=" Gut tells me Mason has to play.[/QUOTE]

Who is this Gut fellow and where does he get off being so opinionated!!!!

Back