• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich *** OMT

I thought he had an impact, Dembele's goal came from his hustle down the right and an excellent cross field ball iirc

He was obviously a little rusty though yes.

Oh absolutely, I think he's great, but he just did;t look close to ready last night, a great impact sub against tiring gooner defences will be perfect I think.

Or the video to the same goal! My first NLD victory for us over the scum, always remember that goal but more than that the celebration.
Gica Popescu. No one believed him when he said he signed for us when he could have gone to Barcelona. Then he went to Barcelona and captained them lol.

No matter how the game pans out in the end, it'll be fascinating to see how Poch appraoches the game this season. Last season we defended very solidly and very deep to totally limit the space in behind. All their play was in front of us and their goal eventually came from a bit of ping-pong in our box. I'd say we had the far better chances and got in behind many times, often through very good counter-attacking play imo.
Not sure we can do that tactic this time; last season they had Welbeck and Oxtail who had pace to punish any space left in behind but also are limited in the air. So you could afford to defend deep and give them the wing areas.

We also can't afford to do that now given they'll have Giroud, who i wouldn't want to allow to attack many crosses over the course of the game. So this means we cannot readily give up the wings for them to cross balls from like last season. They are at least missing Walnutt, Welbeck and Oxtail so the pace in behind wont be as much of a threat as it could be, though they still have Sanchez. He will need to be locked down completely by our CMs. If Bellerin is also out (i'm certain he'll return btw) then that will help a lot. If we push up a little we might nullify Giroud and possibly Ozil's effectiveness; however a ball over the top for Sanchez or Bellerin if he plays: can we risk that??

Very tricky conundrum for Poch and it'll be interesting to see from a tactical point of view how he ends up setting us up.

Anyway, COYS

Alli needs a break. Son isn't ready yet

-------------Lloris
Walker--Alder--Verts---Rose
---------Dier----Mason
-Lamela----Eriksen---Dembele
------------Kane
That would be my team too, though ideally I would have liked to have all of Lamela, Eriksen, Dembele and Son in the team at the same time. I wonder if anyone would notice if we played with 12.... :cool:

They are at least missing Walnutt, Welbeck and Oxtail so the pace in behind wont be as much of a threat as it could be, though they still have Sanchez. He will need to be locked down completely by our CMs. If Bellerin is also out (i'm certain he'll return btw) then that will help a lot. If we push up a little we might nullify Giroud and possibly Ozil's effectiveness; however a ball over the top for Sanchez or Bellerin if he plays: can we risk that??

Very tricky conundrum for Poch and it'll be interesting to see from a tactical point of view how he ends up setting us up.

Anyway, COYS
Wenger confirmed he is out on his press conference today. Koscielny, unfortunately, will play. Even at 80% he's far better than any of their other options.

- "Bellerin unfortunately will not be ready, I think he could be back after the break."
on Koscielny’s chances…
- "Eighty per cent. He will have a test tomorrow."

Alli needs a break. Son isn't ready yet

-------------Lloris
Walker--Alder--Verts---Rose
---------Dier----Mason
-Lamela----Eriksen---Dembele
------------Kane

This for me too. Only question marks I can see are Davies for Rose if Rose is injured and an actual decision for Pochettino on Mason or Alli. I think that one is close, the rest of our team pretty much picks itself I think. (Watch Pochettino do something really surprising)

This for me too. Only question marks I can see are Davies for Rose if Rose is injured and an actual decision for Pochettino on Mason or Alli. I think that one is close, the rest of our team pretty much picks itself I think. (Watch Pochettino do something really surprising)

With Chadli, Njie, Bentaleb, Pritchard and Townsend out, there's not that much surprising that he could do.

I think Son can make more of an impact as a sub against tiring legs than from the start when we'll probably have to do a lot of chasing. Will be a great weapon off the bench potentially, but not sure he's ready to start it when lacking match fitness.
Yep I'd agree with this, at least in this match. I'd play Dembele in the 10 to give us a foothold up the pitch and keep our possession stats up. Flank him with Eriksen and Lamela. Son to come on later for whichever of the front 4 is tiring.

It maybe a bit of an obvious thing to say but from what I have seen of Arsenal this term they are poor without the ball (great with it!!). The Bayern match demonstrated this point starkly (though obviously we're no Bayern). They just are not that good at winning the ball back so let's not make it easy for them with cheap turnover of possession. For this match I wouldn't mind a lot of AVB'esque recycling of possession for the sake of it.

I'd be truly gobsmacked if he changed up the winning team, unless injuries (rose for e.g.). Just can't see it at all!!

No matter how the game pans out in the end, it'll be fascinating to see how Poch appraoches the game this season. Last season we defended very solidly and very deep to totally limit the space in behind. All their play was in front of us and their goal eventually came from a bit of ping-pong in our box. I'd say we had the far better chances and got in behind many times, often through very good counter-attacking play imo.
Not sure we can do that tactic this time; last season they had Welbeck and Oxtail who had pace to punish any space left in behind but also are limited in the air. So you could afford to defend deep and give them the wing areas.

We also can't afford to do that now given they'll have Giroud, who i wouldn't want to allow to attack many crosses over the course of the game. So this means we cannot readily give up the wings for them to cross balls from like last season. They are at least missing Walnutt, Welbeck and Oxtail so the pace in behind wont be as much of a threat as it could be, though they still have Sanchez. He will need to be locked down completely by our CMs. If Bellerin is also out (i'm certain he'll return btw) then that will help a lot. If we push up a little we might nullify Giroud and possibly Ozil's effectiveness; however a ball over the top for Sanchez or Bellerin if he plays: can we risk that??

Anyway, COYS

I read during the week that Sanchez has been playing with an injury for a few weeks and their medical team was worried about how much Wednesday might have taken out of him.

I read during the week that Sanchez has been playing with an injury for a few weeks and their medical team was worried about how much Wednesday might have taken out of him.

Find out what that injury is and kick him there in the first minute.

he is the difference maker in all honesty. Superb player. Best signing they've made since Henry

Back