• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project *** OMT

Spurs are too 'posh Tory' for the BBC... Liverpool and Utd are far more 'labourite' than us so expect there to be bias
I think it's more about appealing to the mass market of tv fans, go to any town round the uk and you see lots of middle-aged fat blokes walking round in their kit.

Although quiet in the first half I thought the fans were right behind the team and were outstanding as the game went along, bit cheeky with the "where were you when you were ordure" chant as their fans have stuck with them through some terrible times, at least we managed to stay in the same division as our nemesis has had the upper hand, it's taken real faith to stick with City.

Although quiet in the first half I thought the fans were right behind the team and were outstanding as the game went along, bit cheeky with the "where were you when you were ordure" chant as their fans have stuck with them through some terrible times, at least we managed to stay in the same division as our nemesis has had the upper hand, it's taken real faith to stick with City.

The fans I know who went when they were brick dont go now though which is weird

And on Saturday they had a very long, very drunk fan base there and they were lary before and after the game

Fantastic win. One of those where you remember why you love the game so much. Much like the game we won 3-1, they were far superior to us for that first half. But was so satisfying to see us play as a unit and work so hard collectively for one another. This was far from a typical Spurs performance where we wait for a moment of individual magic to win us a game.

Let's make no mistakes, City are a class above us and with their full team who knows what the score would have been. But we were gutsy, disciplined and looked like a team that actually had a plan. I hope that is the blueprint for all games against the top 4/5.

Alderweireld was superb. So good to see after seeing Aguero destroy Kaboul, Fazio and Dawson time and time again. Dier was magnificent. Lamela was a tiger, brave and strong. Kane fantastic for chasing lost causes and never shrinking. He doesn't shirk responsibility. Future is very bright for the club

I agree with your assessment. Lets not get too over-excited. Some of the hyperbole on here is quite ridiculous. A great win for sure and I am really happy and absolutely delighted for the lads. We showed great character and it was a brilliant victory.

However, it must be put in context. City were indeed much superior to us in the first half and it was only some superb saves by Lloris and some woeful finishing (particularly by Sterling) that we went in at half time on level terms. City were missing some key players, the essential spine of Hart, Kompany and their orchestrator in chief, Silva were missing from the start. Toure, who ran the first half, went off injured at 56 minutes and they (stupidly) brought on Navas and effectively went 424 which played right into our hands. Their goalie in the second half was a clown, the centre backs reminded me of Kaboul and Dawson without King and their two CMs were so substandard that their forward line were starved of bullets. They played right into our hands. We took the opportunities presented with aplomb (helped obviously by a couple of helpful offside decisions at crucial times) and it was our match by the end.

Some fantastic performances for me. Lloris kept us in the game at a vital time. Dier and Alli covered a lot of ground and won the midfield battle as soon as Toure went off. Kane got the monkey off his back and Lamella was a revelation. When his first touch of the game was to let the ball go out of play when he had it under control, I feared that it was going to be one of those days. However, some of his deliveries were great, especially the cross for Toby's goal. His work to get in position to finish of the scoring and get on Nige's cross was also really pleasing (even though I was worried at one point that he had messed it up) he thoroughly deserved his goal. Lets hope he continues to kick on from here.

A memorable victory no doubt about it, but please lets not get carried away that top four is on anytime soon. At the moment, we are still a young side with potential but we still miss one or two players in key positions for me. Until that situation is rectified we will be capable of the odd brilliant result but I don't believe this will be sustained over the course of the season as we currently stand.

Back