• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project *** OMT

I find it amazing that, having checked an Arsenal forum to enjoy their bitter reaction to our win earlier, instead, I see their 'English football thread', in which they are actively cheering us on!! What is that about?! I could never cheer Arsenal or Chelsea on, irrespective of who they were playing... well, unless we needed Arsenal/Chelsea to win in order to help us finish top 4/win the league etc and it was a late game.... weird?!!

Arsenal look poor defensively this season, I'd fancy our chances if we have our first team against their first team.

I find it amazing that, having checked an Ar5ena1 forum to enjoy their bitter reaction to our win earlier, instead, I see their 'English football thread', in which they are actively cheering us on!! What is that about?! I could never cheer Ar5ena1 or Chel53a on, irrespective of who they were playing... well, unless we needed Ar5ena1/Chel53a to win in order to help us finish top 4/win the league etc and it was a late game.... weird?!!

Ar5ena1 look poor defensively this season, I'd fancy our chances if we have our first team against their first team.
They probably think they can win the title this season. Let them think so and maybe they just might be in the mix. They do have a good record against sides they should beat, which they proved again today and which is something we need to get better at. But I also wouldn't be surprised if near the end of the season we're nipping at their heels or even ahead of them. They won't be cheering then! A victory in the NLD on March 5th would be so much the sweeter then, because it will actually mean something.

Credit where credit's due, you were stunning today, 100% good value of the 4-1 scoreline. Just better than us in every department. Not seen a team dominate us like that since Chel53a the other season. Deserved win, just like the Ar5ena1 game midweek but unfortunately you had the finishing touch today haha.

Remember our exchange pre-match? MY biggest worry was that you would try and play a little deeper and hit us on counters, much like your first goal TBH. When I saw you wanted to come and play an attacking, open game, I felt better. Did not expect 4-1 but I aways feel this side stands a great chance against sides who play football. Class from Pellegrini, choosing to discuss game not linos. And (as always) class from you SWP29. Appreciate it.

Credit where credit's due, you were stunning today, 100% good value of the 4-1 scoreline. Just better than us in every department. Not seen a team dominate us like that since Chel53a the other season. Deserved win, just like the Ar5ena1 game midweek but unfortunately you had the finishing touch today haha.

nice of you to say so, the offsides must stick in the craw though

Our starting 11 (age):

25 26 28 22
21 19
23 23 23

The youngest starting lineup in the premier league this season.

Their starting 11 (price in MP):
0 32 3,5 17
12 30
55 24 44

A grand total of 267,5 MP.

Let that sink in for a while...

Fantastic win. One of those where you remember why you love the game so much. Much like the game we won 3-1, they were far superior to us for that first half. But was so satisfying to see us play as a unit and work so hard collectively for one another. This was far from a typical Spurs performance where we wait for a moment of individual magic to win us a game.

Let's make no mistakes, City are a class above us and with their full team who knows what the score would have been. But we were gutsy, disciplined and looked like a team that actually had a plan. I hope that is the blueprint for all games against the top 4/5.

Alderweireld was superb. So good to see after seeing Aguero destroy Kaboul, Fazio and Dawson time and time again. Dier was magnificent. Lamela was a tiger, brave and strong. Kane fantastic for chasing lost causes and never shrinking. He doesn't shirk responsibility. Future is very bright for the club

Just watched a rerun of the second half. The buildup to the final goal was just amazing. Dier wins the ball and sends it to Toby. Facing away from goal, he sends a one touch pass 50 meters up the field to Clinton. You know what happens next...

City with their full team may have not won that because the simply were out worked and out fought

Your have to earn the right to play through effort and skill. They have plenty of skill but yesterday they showed very little effort when it went against them. We on the other hand out in a hell of a shift man for man and it was outstanding to see

to be honest when I saw no D Silva I got very hopeful...I know Aguero normally destroys us but of all the players to miss the game I would have put Silva top of the list.

Still we outfought and outscored a very expensively cobbled together side, still buzzing with the result and performance.

I'm loving how Emirates Marketing Project are whining about the offside decisions costing them the game, whilst completely ignoring the fact that the only goal that their team scored yesterday was... offside! I am loving that before Emirates Marketing Project played West Ham, they had only conceded 4 goals in their previous 11 Premier League games, and yet, we then scored 4 against them in one game. I am loving that our youngest ever Premier League team beat the most expensive ever Premier League Team... all round, it's a great weekend!

Last edited:
City with their full team may have not won that because the simply were out worked and out fought

Your have to earn the right to play through effort and skill. They have plenty of skill but yesterday they showed very little effort when it went against them. We on the other hand out in a hell of a shift man for man and it was outstanding to see
It's not that simple. Football games hinge on the timing of things. Had Sterling scored at 1-0 and Lloris not pulled off that save we may have lost faith in our tactics and got spanked. It's impossible to say what would have happened had a Silva, Kompany, Hart and co played

It's not that simple. Football games hinge on the timing of things. Had Sterling scored at 1-0 and Lloris not pulled off that save we may have lost faith in our tactics and got spanked. It's impossible to say what would have happened had a Silva, Kompany, Hart and co played

Of course but it's ifs, buts and maybes.

But I stand by my comment that we won because we worked much harder and wanted it more than them

to be honest when I saw no D Silva I got very hopeful...I know Aguero normally destroys us but of all the players to miss the game I would have put Silva top of the list.

Still we outfought and outscored a very expensively cobbled together side, still buzzing with the result and performance.

Definitely true about SIlva. I also enjoyed when Yaya Toure came off and they brought Navas on to replace him. At that point, we were 2-1 up and I knew the game was our's. Emirates Marketing Project removed any strength from the midfield with Navas being chosen to come on to replace Toure. We then had the centre of midfield as our's and could just attack at will, as we did. Would Lamela really have enjoyed his free run at Demichellis had Emirates Marketing Project still had a central midfielder there?! The team selection, and the substitutes continued to play in to our hands. That our players played the best that could be expected from them, to play with passion, determination and skill just helped us to create a gulf in class with the scoreline and much of the performance.

I saw a statistic showing that city only won 19% of the games in which the opposition ran more than them (in CL games). Dele alone ran 2 kilometers more than their their longest runner. Combined we did over 10 kilometres more than them.

This is an erection inducing win ! Never thought we will be able to beat ManCity on current form. In fact, thought we will get hammered by them. Instead, we trounced them 4-1 and this is our biggest win over ManCity since 1958 ! The way we came back from a goal down to beat them makes it all the more sweet ! ManCity were poor but we deserved this win as we played really well. We did rode out luck as everything went our way, including all the referee's decisions. Despite this win, we cannot get carried away as we still need to improve a lot !

Due credit to all the goal scorers, Dier, Anderweireld, Kane and Lamela. Dier's goal was the turning point for us as it came just before the half time. ManCity were comfortably leading 1-0 and could have scored a few more if not for Lloris' saves. I think if ManCity were still leading 1-0 at half time, they would have gone on to win. Instead, Dier's goal boosted our confidence and put pressure on ManCity. It was great shot from Dier for the goal, perfectly placed away from the goalie. But we were very fortunate for the goal as Walker was clearly offside when he crossed to Son before it went to Dier. Alderweireld's goal was very crucial as it came so early in the 2nd half. After that, we looked comfortable and never looked like losing. It was a great header from Alderweireld for his first goal for us. Credit to Lamela for the inch-perfect cross to Alderweireld.

Really happy and relieved to see Kane getting his badly-needed first goal of the season. He looked a bit offside when he scored but don't think he would be bothered as he badly needed that goal. Credit to Eriksen for the great freekick but too bad it only hit the post before bouncing to Kane. I think Eriksen badly need a goal as he has not scored in 10 matches for us now. Big credit to Lamela for scoring our 4th goal. He fully deserved the goal as he had a man-of-the-match performance. After assisting the goal for Alderweireld and winning the freekick for Eriksen from which Kane scored, it was only right that Lamela got a goal for himself. And it was a well-taken goal as he was so composed when he rounded the goalie and the defender to coolly scored the goal ! Lamela is getting better and growing in confidence by each match and this performance only proves it yet again. We could have scored another goal if Chadli's goal-bound header had not been touched into goal by Son from the offside position.

Credit to Dier and Alli for winning the midfield battle. It was crucial for us to win this match. We did start poorly and let ManCity control the match at early stages. But it was nice to see us coming back into the match after ManCity went 1-0 up. Dier is getting more and more comfortable as the defensive midfielder and this match proves it. Similiarly Delli had a surprisingly good game despite playing against more experienced midfielders. Credit to Njie for coming on to set up the goal for Lamela. It was a nice control and turn by Njie to beat the defender.

It was nice to see our defence coming out with flying colours in this match. Was worried we won't be able to handle the ManCity attack but our defence did well to cope with all that. But still it was disappointing to concede the goal the way we did. Walker has to take the blame for his bad pass which resulted in the counter attack by ManCity from which they scored. But apart from that, Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Walker and Davies did well to keep out ManCity. Credit to Lloris for 2 or 3 world class saves after ManCity went 1-0 up. It kept us in the game.

It was great to get our 3rd consecutive league win. And it is a great feeling beating a top 2 team like ManCity 4-1 even at home. Hope this win will boost our confidence to do well this season.

Last edited:
I saw a statistic showing that city only won 19% of the games in which the opposition ran more than them (in CL games). Dele alone ran 2 kilometers more than their their longest runner. Combined we did over 10 kilometres more than them.

Whaat? Really? Where did you find those stats?

Fantastic win. One of those where you remember why you love the game so much. Much like the game we won 3-1, they were far superior to us for that first half. But was so satisfying to see us play as a unit and work so hard collectively for one another. This was far from a typical Spurs performance where we wait for a moment of individual magic to win us a game.

Let's make no mistakes, City are a class above us and with their full team who knows what the score would have been. But we were gutsy, disciplined and looked like a team that actually had a plan. I hope that is the blueprint for all games against the top 4/5.

Alderweireld was superb. So good to see after seeing Aguero destroy Kaboul, Fazio and Dawson time and time again. Dier was magnificent. Lamela was a tiger, brave and strong. Kane fantastic for chasing lost causes and never shrinking. He doesn't shirk responsibility. Future is very bright for the club

Well put. Given the average age and relative newness of the squad, and the general vicissitudes of football, there will inevitably be sticky patches along the way, but I really do love the direction we are going in at the moment. Young, hungry players (many of whom are own products), a world class GK and sensible new signings. And in my view, the ideal manager to oversee it all.

We may not make top 4 this season. Hell well may not even make the top 5 or 6. But I really hope this doesn't panic us into tearing the whole house down and starting again. It's going to require a little patience for sure, but I genuinely believe this could be the beginning of something very special. Let's stick with it please Mr Levy!

Last edited:
Back