• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

Midfield Maestro

Gheorge Popescu
Anyone else reckon we should loan him out for the season? Would be a great addition to the Europa League squad, but I reckon a loan to a Premier League side would provide better experience

Wasn't he a bit hit or miss at Derby last season? I don't know if he is ready for a Premier league loan move at least where he will be playing regularly

Consultant answer, depends

- Will we have enough midfield coverage, and what is AVB's squad for Europa going to look like?
- Can we lend him to a PL club that plays the right way (ala Swansea of last season)?

Was absolutely terrible for derby last season apparently. The 1 time I saw him play for them he was shocking..... Hopefully he plays better with us

Tiny Tom...? Gawd bless us, everyone!

Hope he sticks around, 'cos he's got one hell of a song lined up for him:

Tom Carroll, I am but a fool
Darling, I love you though you treat me cruel
You hurt me and you make me cry
But if you leave me, I will surely die

Darling, there will never be another
'Cause I love you so
Don't ever leave me, say you'll never go

I will always want you for my sweetheart
No matter what you do
Tom Carroll, I'm so in love with you

Was absolutely terrible for derby last season apparently. The 1 time I saw him play for them he was shocking..... Hopefully he plays better with us

Players like him will struggle in poor, lower level sides, the game/style won't allow them to play their game. He was quite tidy for us the couple of times he played.

I didn't see anything of him at Derby but he looked decent enough in the games we played against Hearts/Rubin Kazan at home as well as Kazan away. Whether that is down to rising to a superior occasion and playing with better players I don't know but he definitely looks like a player who has the potential to develop into a ball playing midfielder regardless of how good his loan spell was at Derby.

Wasn't he a bit hit or miss at Derby last season? I don't know if he is ready for a Premier league loan move at least where he will be playing regularly

Nope.

Pretty much all miss, according to Derby fans. They were begging for him to be dropped and results only picked up when he finally was.

I wouldn't read too much into it, though. He has quality and potential. He would thrive in a proper passing team - if any such teams exist in the Championship.

Players like him will struggle in poor, lower level sides, the game/style won't allow them to play their game. He was quite tidy for us the couple of times he played.

I didn't see anything of him at Derby but he looked decent enough in the games we played against Hearts/Rubin Kazan at home as well as Kazan away. Whether that is down to rising to a superior occasion and playing with better players I don't know but he definitely looks like a player who has the potential to develop into a ball playing midfielder regardless of how good his loan spell was at Derby.

yeah i agree, i was quite impressed with him when he played for us, looked comfortable and had good movement

Nope.

Pretty much all miss, according to Derby fans. They were begging for him to be dropped and results only picked up when he finally was.

I wouldn't read too much into it, though. He has quality and potential. He would thrive in a proper passing team - if any such teams exist in the Championship.

cheers agree that CHampionship style is never going to fit him, I still find it hard to believe though that a Premiership side would take him on loan atm

cheers agree that CHampionship style is never going to fit him, I still find it hard to believe though that a Premiership side would take him on loan atm

He seems very similar to Joe Allen, so maybe if Allen gets sold to Liverpool Swansea might take him on loan. They seem like the team its best for us to loan as many players possible to. Their passing style will suit our young players, and they could get chance to play.

Just goes to show we have some real brick youngsters at Spurs. Home grown and all that. Who was the last person that made it proper style. Livermore? Hardly Jack Wheelchair esque is he.

He seems very similar to Joe Allen, so maybe if Allen gets sold to Liverpool Swansea might take him on loan. They seem like the team its best for us to loan as many players possible to. Their passing style will suit our young players, and they could get chance to play.

Agree re: Swansea only thing is, I don't know if they would take on Carroll. Don't get me wrong I like how he played in his Europa LEague games but as far as week to week in Premiership don't think he is ready for that personally

Just goes to show we have some real brick youngsters at Spurs. Home grown and all that. Who was the last person that made it proper style. Livermore? Hardly Jack Wheelchair esque is he.

ArseScum are hardly a team to hold up as an example for bringing through youngsters. They knick most of them of other teams!

But Caulker could be the man you are looking for!

its not just about passing at swansea. their midfielders were probably the hardest working in the league, incredible workrate which was the heart of their system. josh mc eacheran went there and couldnt get a kick

Nope.

I saw him 2 or 3 times for Derby last season, IMO he wasnt great for them but it wasnt that he was a bad player, more he just didnt fit their team.

It was completely obvious what I mean when I saw him pick up the ball look up - see the winger in free so he played the ball into the space ahead of him.

Winger doesnt move, doesnt anticipate the ball and so just misses it entirely, result is Carroll gives the ball away or even knocks it out of play.

It wasnt that he was bad, he was doing precisely what you would want him to - its just that no one else was on the same wavelength.

When playing for us I thought two things about him.
1) "Christ he looks about 12"
2) "Bloody hell this lad is good on the ball"

Never shys away from it, rarely loses it, does a very Modric like job of recycling possession even when under pressure.

I have very high hopes that he can become a fabulous player, though he will need to toughen up a bit

Which is why we should try to and make a arrangement with a team in the European leagues as a feeder/loan option, especially one which is not too bothered about work permits. Would allow us to try out youngsters in South American leagues who would never get a work permit in the UK

ArseScum are hardly a team to hold up as an example for bringing through youngsters. They knick most of them of other teams!

But Caulker could be the man you are looking for!

Wheelchair
Gibbs

That's it! But those 2 are regulars. Livermore isn't and Caulker hasn't played for us.

Can't remember the last decent one for us who had gone on and played for England / Wales / Ireland or been any good!

Agreed. And there'd be no point loaning him to another Premier League club if he's going to sit on the bench for them or not even be in the squad. We'd be better off keeping him with us and using him sparingly in cup matches - and maybe the occasional league game, if we're short of a few.

Back